Looking for a Quality Gaming Headset

Stry-ker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I've done my research and both read and watched many reviews on many headsets. I simply cannot throw more than $100 at a headset. So that being said looking for input. I've been looking at the following

Logitech G930 / G35
Siberia V2 Frost

I like the directional sound and want something that I can really crank the volume up if I wanted to (logitech G430 was not good for that at all). Also needs a reliable mic (not professional quality).

Thanks my CAG family for your advice

I've heard good things about the Siberia V2 (and was looking at the DOTA version of it, myself). Have had a Steelseries V2 before, and it was awesome. It had a manufacturing defect though, and didn't last more than a year. I assume that was fixed however. They were powerful, comfortable headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know too much about headsets, but I've had the Siberia V2s for about a year and a half now and they're probably the best headphones I've owned. They're incredibly durable, come with a cable that gives you about 10 feet of reach if you need it, and sound great. My only complaint is that the mic isn't the greatest and sometimes sounds staticy. Here's a video I made a few weeks ago that has some mic usage. As you can tell, it's a little meh but it gets the job done. Could also just be a bad mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRCK0gWE-w

I don't know too much about headsets, but I've had the Siberia V2s for about a year and a half now and they're probably the best headphones I've owned. They're incredibly durable, come with a cable that gives you about 10 feet of reach if you need it, and sound great. My only complaint is that the mic isn't the greatest and sometimes sounds staticy. Here's a video I made a few weeks ago that has some mic usage. As you can tell, it's a little meh but it gets the job done. Could also just be a bad mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRCK0gWE-w
Definitely sounded like it was picking up alot of your breathing.

Any thoughts on logitech? I have a Logitech mouse and keyboard so did not know if I should just stay in uniform or not.

Definitely sounded like it was picking up alot of your breathing.

Any thoughts on logitech? I have a Logitech mouse and keyboard so did not know if I should just stay in uniform or not.
I've had some Logitech headsets in the past and while the audio quality was just average, the mics were always excellent. It's been 3-4 years since I've had one though so they're probably a lot better.

Been through a ton of headsets, from Astro A40's / 50's, Tritton, Logitech, the Sony Force for the PS3, and I keep turning back to the Turtle Beach PX21 or PX22 headsets.  Great mic and sound while both have a flexible mic (px22 moreso).  The logitechs just felt heavy, same with the trittons.  

I have the Wireless G930 and I love it. I will say it does feel a little heavy at first and does take time to get used to. The surround sound is good but kind of has an echo to it. So if you're on skype with your friends it will sound like they are in a tunnel which is a major downside. But I rarely turn the surround on and it still sounds great. I'm sure there are better headsets out there but this has given me zero problems in over a year of use. I will never own a wired headset again, I just will buy a little bit better one next time around. But if you can get this for about 80-90 scoop it up.

Question sort of related, What do you do with those long cables? I havent been able to find a decent solution, and I dont really want to go wireless. I keep my PC on the floor next to my desk. If you could share some setups, that would be nice.

Question sort of related, What do you do with those long cables? I havent been able to find a decent solution, and I dont really want to go wireless. I keep my PC on the floor next to my desk. If you could share some setups, that would be nice.
I find that using twist ties works well. Just round up some of the cable in the middle and tie it up. My keyboard (Logitech G15) actually has ports so I use those since the front headset port on my computer no longer works and the back ports are just far away and caused a problem where my wire was getting stuck in a corner of my desk.

So in the end I ended up with one of the $90 Astro A40... Best Headset I have ever used imho.  Thanks for all the input!!

bread's done
Back