Xenoblade Chronicles - New in stock ~$64 at Video Games Plus!

kingdarian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I just got an email from Video Games Plus, advertising a restock of the hard to find Wii RPG Xenoblade Chronicles. They have the game brand new, and are offering it at the nice price of $69.99CAD, which is around $64USD. If you want the game in new condition, and don't want to spend $100+ for a copy, now's your chance!

They are based in Canada, but offer fairly cheap shipping to the US.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956

The Gamestop copies are mint and complete anyway. The "collectors" that buy sealed games to never open are usually loony people that don't use games for what they were intended for - to play.

Last edited:
The Gamestop copies are mint and complete anyway. The "collectors" that buy sealed games to never open are usually loony people that don't use games for what they were intended for - to play.
Or they play them using emulation guidelines.

Yeah but you're paying almost the same price at Gamestop anyway.

Wonder how long until the "Gamestop and Nintendo didn't reprint this, it's all legit, they just hoarded pristine copies with unused Club Nintendo codes" brigade will appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="YellowGameboyColor" post="11561072" timestamp="1393443733"]I can use my games any way I want[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoHgKcqag

And why are they loony? Because they choose to collect. So that means everyone else who collects anything and does not use what they collect for their general purpose is loony.

And why are they loony? Because they choose to collect. So that means everyone else who collects anything and does not use what they collect for their general purpose is loony.
Ive always thought so. Haha. Maybe not so much loony as desperate for attention. But I dont mind, to each their own.

Except you're not using them at all.
Same mindset of people who buy mint condition extremely rare comics they never read, (way overblown comparison I know) or classic cars they never drive. Which is why the general mindset of buying two or three comes into play, one to keep sealed, one to play, and sometimes 1 to re sell to lower the impact of the first two.

I just got an email from Video Games Plus, advertising a restock of the hard to find Wii RPG Xenoblade Chronicles. They have the game brand new, and are offering it at the nice price of $69.99CAD, which is around $64USD. If you want the game in new condition, and don't want to spend $100+ for a copy, now's your chance!

They are based in Canada, but offer fairly cheap shipping to the US.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956
Any idea if they're sealed?

Gamestop games sometimes come with scratches. I purchased a Too Human "NEW" at Gamestop that wasn't sealed, sold it to a buyer, and he said it had scratches.

Whether someone keeps it sealed or not, really shouldn't matter. Now, I'm going to purchase this game from videogameplus.ca for $4 more + shipping, so that I not only get it with an actual seal, but so I also don't have to support Gamestop.

I'm sure that it's a difficult to grasp concept, seeing as how they're obviously angels. :]

I'll be delighted to see sealed copies of this game come back down to earth after this, as well as enjoyable to watch hoarders scramble to sell off their copies.

According to their website, GameStop only has pre-owned copies available for this game and they are priced at $50.

It's $59.99 base at Gamestop. Combine that with your discount card and a birthday coupon and you're paying much less. Also, the copy I got at Gamestop is completely mint and complete.

Also, in addition to playing the game disc, I can read and enjoy the instruction manual and inner case art printed on the back of the cover... something that sealed game collectors can't.

Last edited:
According to their website, GameStop only has pre-owned copies available for this game and they are priced at $50.
I read your comment then looked at your username. For some reason I first read it as "gutted" Folks who know the history of this game at GS will know why I did that.

I'm one of those "loonies". But I do play them. I buy 2 copies- one to play, the other to keep sealed.

I'm one of those "loonies". But I do play them. I buy 2 copies- one to play, the other to keep sealed.
So you like to pay $120.00 per game huh? Thinking of making millions on those sealed games? Two copies of Madden 25, Dance Party, Gran Trusimo 5, LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Kinect Sports.... all sealed hmm..

So you like to pay $120.00 per game huh? Thinking of making millions on those sealed games? Two copies of Madden 25, Dance Party, Gran Trusimo 5, LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Kinect Sports.... all sealed hmm..
Lmao obviously we're not idiots and keep stuff that will obviously lower in price sealed. And who the hell pays retail for sealed copies like the ones you just mentioned? What website are you on?

Or less than MSRP for a used game to use and wait for a sale on a game to keep sealed...

And yet people could have bought this sealed for $50 at GS at any point in 2012 but didn't do it & now have to live with the 2nd hand & collector markets.

Makes me happy that I got this at launch. Love my steelbook version. ;)
Steelbook version? Where was that if you don't mind me asking? At GameStop? I got mine at GS and got the artbook only. The one I really wanted was the UK version with Red Controller, but since the system is not Region Free, I did not want to jump on this at the price they were asking?

Steelbook version? Where was that if you don't mind me asking? At GameStop? I got mine at GS and got the artbook only. The one I really wanted was the UK version with Red Controller, but since the system is not Region Free, I did not want to jump on this at the price they were asking?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the steelbook was a Europe(more specific France) exclusive.

How do we know it's a factory seal, and not a reseal? Besides, it doesn't matter. The GameStop copies are essentially new anyway. Some people have even gone to GameStop, requested a copy, and the had the cashier bro pull out of a sealed copy and then open it and ring it up.

Really? I haven't seen a post about opening new copies at GameStop. I've read that they were opened at the warehouse before shipment.

Just got mine and can confirm it is a legit (looking) sealed copy. They packed it very well and it shipped surprisingly quickly. Thanks OP!

Just got mine and can confirm it is a legit (looking) sealed copy. They packed it very well and it shipped surprisingly quickly. Thanks OP!
Ah dang, forgot to comment too. I got mine Tuesday. Ahhhh the crinkles and white minty fresh plastic. VGP shipped in a sturdy cardboard mailer made for modern media cases #Satisfied

please post pictures, especially if opened.

I wonder if these are leftover from the reprint Gamestop requested?  Does anyone know if Gamestop/EB Canada got reprinted copies month ago just like in the US?

I somewhat hoped the reprints had at least some marking distinguishing aside from the inside case being Nintendo" stamped.

please post pictures, especially if opened.

I wonder if these are leftover from the reprint Gamestop requested? Does anyone know if Gamestop/EB Canada got reprinted copies month ago just like in the US?

I somewhat hoped the reprints had at least some marking distinguishing aside from the inside case being Nintendo" stamped.
As much as I want to know too, I don't plan on opening mine. I already assumed it's a reprint before purchasing.

Two worst case scenarios are: 1) VGP took new but opened re-printed EB games/Gamestop copies and Y-fold re-sealed them. or 2) VGP switched the reprinted cases that say "Nintendo" with minty ones that say "Wii" and Y-fold re-sealed them.

I'll let some guru collector be the one to call me out down the road I guess if I ever end up selling this later on :^o. My loss at that point and I guess I would deserve it, as it was a gamble the entire time. Just a foolish deal from the start lol

The only differences I've found between 1st print/reprints are the Wii/Nintendo inside case and the reversible game cover that the pre-order came with which I'm pretty sure this doesn't have...Maybe it does? I can't tell. Knowing better, I tried putting the case up to the light like an idiot to see if I could see anything unusal inside with no success lol I'm somehow satisfied with this unknown ordeal.

EDIT: Pictures! http://imgur.com/a/ZEqYF

Ive always thought so. Haha. Maybe not so much loony as desperate for attention. But I dont mind, to each their own.
I have heard there is a guy around Tulsa that owns a warehouse with one model of every Shelby( not sure if all of them or just the mustangs) ever made. He orders , has them trucked straight there never possibly to see daylight again. The Shelby club regularly has national events in Tulsa so it stands to reason a wealthy member is probably there.

That said, Its strange Nintendo store has never restocked.

When the reprint happened I knew sealed copies would somehow pop-up. I'd still love to know the inside scoop on the reprint (how many copies, how much was paid, etc...).

BTW, was Xenoblade a GameStop exclusive in Canada as well? 

My gamestop copy that I ordered on Black Friday had pieces of shrinkwrap attached to it, so I know someone somewhere purposely opened them so they could either sell them as used, or make sure resellers don't buy them up to hoard copies of a sealed game.

As much as I want to know too, I don't plan on opening mine. I already assumed it's a reprint before purchasing.

Two worst case scenarios are: 1) VGP took new but opened re-printed EB games/Gamestop copies and Y-fold re-sealed them. or 2) VGP switched the reprinted cases that say "Nintendo" with minty ones that say "Wii" and Y-fold re-sealed them.

I'll let some guru collector be the one to call me out down the road I guess if I ever end up selling this later on :^o. My loss at that point and I guess I would deserve it, as it was a gamble the entire time. Just a foolish deal from the start lol

The only differences I've found between 1st print/reprints are the Wii/Nintendo inside case and the reversible game cover that the pre-order came with which I'm pretty sure this doesn't have...Maybe it does? I can't tell. Knowing better, I tried putting the case up to the light like an idiot to see if I could see anything unusal inside with no success lol I'm somehow satisfied with this unknown ordeal.

EDIT: Pictures! http://imgur.com/a/ZEqYF
I'm no expert, but it seems the plastic sticks out a bit near the corners which may be indication of reseal. For example, I bought a "new" copy of that Miku whatever game as a gift back in October. The girl said this is the last one and proceeded to take out some cellophane wrap (which has some adhesive at the ends)! I never saw this before. The other times I was sold a GameStop "new" copy, they either appeared to be actually sealed or the person would put a circular piece of tape to cover the opening area of the case. Not surprised by these shady tactics as I recall workers opening sealed games when I or someone I saw returned before.

Of the several reprint copies I've seena Gamestop, I've only seen "Nintendo" printed on the inside case, the side that houses the disc. I also saw some ones that were likely trade-ins that did not have any printed logo so likely original first prints.

I don't recall any reversible cover though as my copy was only semi-opened as I needed to reach Platinum status with a few hours before the deadline. Actually now that I think about it, the inside of the slip cover is the same art as the pre-order bonus artbook.

Xenoblade topic on VGP facebook:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Videogamesplus/posts/435349389931835?stream_ref=10

Some Dude: "70 bucks for a reprint?!? Thank god for wii homebrew."

VGP:  "We paid a bit more for Nintendo to reprint it for us as the title is discontinued we didn't think people would mind paying $69.99 for a factory sealed y wrapped copy of such a rare game, especially since prices on Amazon and Ebay are $100-200. "

Xenoblade topic on VGP facebook:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Videogamesplus/posts/435349389931835?stream_ref=10

Some Dude: "70 bucks for a reprint?!? Thank god for wii homebrew."

VGP: "We paid a bit more for Nintendo to reprint it for us as the title is discontinued we didn't think people would mind paying $69.99 for a factory sealed y wrapped copy of such a rare game, especially since prices on Amazon and Ebay are $100-200. "
So it comes with a club nintendo code too?

Wasn't hoarding recently classified as a mental condition?

I'm no expert, but it seems the plastic sticks out a bit near the corners which may be indication of reseal. For example, I bought a "new" copy of that Miku whatever game as a gift back in October. The girl said this is the last one and proceeded to take out some cellophane wrap (which has some adhesive at the ends)! I never saw this before. The other times I was sold a GameStop "new" copy, they either appeared to be actually sealed or the person would put a circular piece of tape to cover the opening area of the case. Not surprised by these shady tactics as I recall workers opening sealed games when I or someone I saw returned before.

Of the several reprint copies I've seena Gamestop, I've only seen "Nintendo" printed on the inside case, the side that houses the disc. I also saw some ones that were likely trade-ins that did not have any printed logo so likely original first prints.

I don't recall any reversible cover though as my copy was only semi-opened as I needed to reach Platinum status with a few hours before the deadline. Actually now that I think about it, the inside of the slip cover is the same art as the pre-order bonus artbook.
Yes, the cover was reversible. There was a whole campaign where people "voted" on it (choosing the ugliest one of course :/ ) and everything. It's pretty easy to see, even sealed (or that's how I remember it). If you aren't seeing the artwork on the other side..... well I doubt it's a 1st edition. If that even matters in the slightest.

And for what it's worth, I don't think there are any experts in game seals and wrapping lol

Wonder how long until the "Gamestop and Nintendo didn't reprint this, it's all legit, they just hoarded pristine copies with unused Club Nintendo codes" brigade will appear.
To be fair man, like 90% of the Nintendo trade ins have unused CN codes. I guess nobody uses that PoS rewards program, I know I don't. My time is too valuable to waste an hour filling out surveys for a "free" notepad or shoelaces, and the Platinum prizes that I did get from the earlier days sat on ebay forever (FINALLY managed to sell the playing cards and pins, but only after bundling them together for dirt cheap, so after ebay fees and shipping I barely kept enough money for a small combo meal :whistle2:?). I know the employees at my local stores remove the codes and hoard them because, every once in a while, they are able to sell a bunch to a fanboy for a few bucks. Then again, they hoard (I'm sorry, collect :rofl: ) everything, don't even get me started on the hell I went through to get the Xenoblade "artbook" that was rightfully mine from those bastards.

The point is, unused CN codes don't mean squat. Outside of the hardest of the hardcore (AKA people on sites like this) nobody pays those codes any attention.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back