* * * - - 2 votes

Xenoblade Chronicles - New in stock ~$64 at Video Games Plus!

Wii RPG

#1 kingdarian   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kingdarian

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

I just got an email from Video Games Plus, advertising a restock of the hard to find Wii RPG Xenoblade Chronicles. They have the game brand new, and are offering it at the nice price of $69.99CAD, which is around $64USD. If you want the game in new condition, and don't want to spend $100+ for a copy, now's your chance!

They are based in Canada, but offer fairly cheap shipping to the US.

https://www.videogam...oducts_id=19956

#2 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Those reprints for $60 at GameStop are "brand new" also. ;)

#3 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Apparently these are *actually* new though. Nintendo Life covered it as well.

http://www.nintendol...n_north_america

#4 Rozz   OG CAG CAGiversary!   9531 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing NBA Elite 11
PS3

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

The Gamestop copies are mint and complete anyway. The "collectors" that buy sealed games to never open are usually loony people that don't use games for what they were intended for - to play.

CAG support:

Spoiler

#5 miyamotorola  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

:x me so glad me buy at launch. Me pay cheap and me get art book. Me so lonely

#6 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6553 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

The Gamestop copies are mint and complete anyway. The "collectors" that buy sealed games to never open are usually loony people that don't use games for what they were intended for - to play.

Or they play them using emulation guidelines. 

538822.png

#7 Corpekata   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yeah but you're paying almost the same price at Gamestop anyway.

Wonder how long until the "Gamestop and Nintendo didn't reprint this, it's all legit, they just hoarded pristine copies with unused Club Nintendo codes" brigade will appear.

#8 YellowGameboyColor   CAGBooty CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I can use my games any way I want

#9 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

#10 ricoraney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ricoraney

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

And why are they loony? Because they choose to collect. So that means everyone else who collects anything and does not use what they collect for their general purpose is loony.

#11 MushaOne   etc. and so forth... CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

And why are they loony? Because they choose to collect. So that means everyone else who collects anything and does not use what they collect for their general purpose is loony.

Ive always thought so. Haha. Maybe not so much loony as desperate for attention. But I dont mind, to each their own.

#12 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   2636 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Superman
N64

The Dead Texan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Except you're not using them at all. 

#13 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

For show :P

Edit:  I bit. I'll lets youse guys know how it is...Oh wait, I'm not going to open it :booty:

Now Playing:

:wiiu:  Pushmo World, Hyrule Warriors

:ps3:  Bioshock, Chrono Trigger

:3ds:  Kirby Triple Deluxe       

:ds:  Professor Layton: Curious Village

#14 Hemi   One with the never-ending backlog. CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Same mindset of people who buy mint condition extremely rare comics they never read, (way overblown comparison I know) or classic cars they never drive. Which is why the general mindset of buying two or three comes into play, one to keep sealed, one to play, and sometimes 1 to re sell to lower the impact of the first two.

#15 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

Gamestop games sometimes come with scratches. I purchased a Too Human "NEW" at Gamestop that wasn't sealed, sold it to a buyer, and he said it had scratches.

#16 Deathmore10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Deathmore10

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Whether someone keeps it sealed or not, really shouldn't matter. Now, I'm going to purchase this game from videogameplus.ca for $4 more + shipping, so that I not only get it with an actual seal, but so I also don't have to support Gamestop.

I'm sure that it's a difficult to grasp concept, seeing as how they're obviously angels. :]

I'll be delighted to see sealed copies of this game come back down to earth after this, as well as enjoyable to watch hoarders scramble to sell off their copies.

#17 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

If this game is new shouldn't it be $49.99?

#18 gutter2d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

gutter2d

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

According to their website, GameStop only has pre-owned copies available for this game and they are priced at $50.

#19 Rozz   OG CAG CAGiversary!   9531 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing NBA Elite 11
PS3

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

Yeah but you're paying almost the same price at Gamestop anyway.

It's $59.99 base at Gamestop. Combine that with your discount card and a birthday coupon and you're paying much less. Also, the copy I got at Gamestop is completely mint and complete.

Also, in addition to playing the game disc, I can read and enjoy the instruction manual and inner case art printed on the back of the cover... something that sealed game collectors can't.

CAG support:

Spoiler

#20 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

According to their website, GameStop only has pre-owned copies available for this game and they are priced at $50.

I read your comment then looked at your username. For some reason I first read it as "gutted" Folks who know the history of this game at GS will know why I did that.

#21 jholden3249   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

jholden3249

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

I'm one of those "loonies". But I do play them. I buy 2 copies- one to play, the other to keep sealed. 

#22 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

I'm one of those "loonies". But I do play them. I buy 2 copies- one to play, the other to keep sealed. 

So you like to pay $120.00 per game huh? Thinking of making millions on those sealed games? Two copies of Madden 25, Dance Party, Gran Trusimo 5, LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Kinect Sports.... all sealed hmm..

#23 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

i hope one day i can play this on wiiu using the pro controller

is the combat real time like kingdom of amlura or turned based like FF?

#24 Kev Cypunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Kev Cypunk

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

If by some divine miracle this game is actually cheap one day I'll buy it, but it's not worth the price it's going for even now.

#25 Supplice   Mmhmm CAGiversary!   1689 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

Makes me happy that I got this at launch. Love my steelbook version. ;)

#26 YellowGameboyColor   CAGBooty CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

So you like to pay $120.00 per game huh? Thinking of making millions on those sealed games? Two copies of Madden 25, Dance Party, Gran Trusimo 5, LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Kinect Sports.... all sealed hmm..

Lmao obviously we're not idiots and keep stuff that will obviously lower in price sealed. And who the hell pays retail for sealed copies like the ones you just mentioned? What website are you on?

#27 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Or less than MSRP for a used game to use and wait for a sale on a game to keep sealed...
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#28 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12373 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

And yet people could have bought this sealed for $50 at GS at any point in 2012 but didn't do it & now have to live with the 2nd hand & collector markets.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#29 Tarskidx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Makes me happy that I got this at launch. Love my steelbook version. ;)

Steelbook version? Where was that if you don't mind me asking? At GameStop? I got mine at GS and got the artbook only. The one I really wanted was the UK version with Red Controller, but since the system is not Region Free, I did not want to jump on this at the price they were asking?

#30 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Steelbook version? Where was that if you don't mind me asking? At GameStop? I got mine at GS and got the artbook only. The one I really wanted was the UK version with Red Controller, but since the system is not Region Free, I did not want to jump on this at the price they were asking?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the steelbook was a Europe(more specific France) exclusive.