Titanfall Xbox One bundle $475 @ Microsoft Store

The 5% off discount does seem generic for all items, it doesn't really list any fine print along with the text message. It's one-time use so can't share it

Last edited by a moderator:
6 out of 10 of the most populated U.S. states are charged tax at Amazon. I think there are 20 total states that are charged tax from them. This is a nice deal for anybody in those states.

Most states don't have tax on Amazon.
They DO, you just lie on your tax return and commit fraud.

But I realize most people do this and will always consider it tax free even though you are supposed to report these items on tax returns and are subject to a "use tax" in 46 states.

They DO, you just lie on your tax return and commit fraud.

But I realize most people do this and will always consider it tax free even though you are supposed to report these items on tax returns and are subject to a "use tax" in 46 states.
I keep hearing people say that but I thought sales tax was only paid when you buy from a business that has a warehouse or store in that particular state. Do you have any sources to cite? I hear all sorts of things but no one has shown me official proof that everyone who buys from Amazon.com has to make a note of that and pay the taxes later.

I keep hearing people say that but I thought sales tax was only paid when you buy from a business that has a warehouse or store in that particular state. Do you have any sources to cite? I hear all sorts of things but no one has shown me official proof that everyone who buys from Amazon.com has to make a note of that and pay the taxes later.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200962600

There's a wealth of info for you. I live in IL and, thus far, am not charged tax automatically by Amazon. I am supposed to report it at year's end though on my own.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200962600

There's a wealth of info for you. I live in IL and, thus far, am not charged tax automatically by Amazon. I am supposed to report it at year's end though on my own.
Yes, all states are like this I believe. But hey, if they're too lazy to properly enforce it, what do they think people will do? No one will keep track of all their online purchasing that is tax free.

Oh, while we're talking about taking, please take my game (see below)... plug.

There is no ONE place for this. Every state has it's own rule. Here is New York's for example. http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/st/st141.pdf

and here is Texas http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/01-156.pdf

However I'm sure the basics are the same in almost every state (provided the state itself has a sales tax, there are a few that don't). Regardless of whether the business you are dealing with COLLECTS the tax on your behalf, you owe the tax. If it isnt' collected, then it's up to you to remit it directly to the state. In practice, something like 1% of people go out of their way to report this. It was probably a non-issue 20 years ago since the total market for online or catalogue shopping was relative peanuts. However with giant internet retailers taking a huge piece of the pie, states are going after them to COLLECT the tax up front, rather than rely on individuals to do this (since obviously 99% of individuals either won't, or have no idea how to).

Everybody is getting taxed over time because the IRS is fed up with online shoppers committing tax fraud. If you don't directly pay taxes for your online purchases, you're supposed to report that you are an out of state online buyer on your tax return. You aren't expected to keep track of your taxable amount. Standardized tax software programs like Turbo Tax apply a general tax cost for individuals and households. When I reported myself on my tax form back when Amazon was tax free for CA residents, my assigned estimated tax amount came out to be a measly $50. As a CAG that's peanuts and I still got away with avoiding a lot of tax charges.

The problem was I'm the minority that reported. A lot of people assumed that reporting online sales tax required repaying every single dollar owed but that simply was never the case. Now, IRS says eventually everybody will pay for their negligence. If people complain about having to pay taxes from sites like Amazon and NewEgg, they are hypocritical if they never bothered to click the "online tax free purchases" item on their tax return. If everybody had reported it, we'd at least have avoided this tax legislation for much longer if even at all.

tl;dr - if ya'll just paid your $50, you'd have avoided online sale taxes.

Everybody is getting taxed over time because the IRS is fed up with online shoppers committing tax fraud. If you don't directly pay taxes for your online purchases, you're supposed to report that you are an out of state online buyer on your tax return. You aren't expected to keep track of your taxable amount. Standardized tax software programs like Turbo Tax apply a general tax cost for individuals and households. When I reported myself on my tax form back when Amazon was tax free for CA residents, my assigned estimated tax amount came out to be a measly $50. As a CAG that's peanuts and I still got away with avoiding a lot of tax charges.

The problem was I'm the minority that reported. A lot of people assumed that reporting online sales tax required repaying every single dollar owed but that simply was never the case. Now, IRS says eventually everybody will pay for their negligence. If people complain about having to pay taxes from sites like Amazon and NewEgg, they are hypocritical if they never bothered to click the "online tax free purchases" item on their tax return. If everybody had reported it, we'd at least have avoided this tax legislation for much longer if even at all.

Hell no you wouldn't....

You'd still have B&M stores like BB, WM, Target, and GS lobbying to level out the playing field.

The reality is that the IRS could give fuck all about $50, but I bet you the stores listed above care about the billions in loses b/c of the tax incentives from buying from Amazon, Newegg, etc...

I buy most of my stuff from amazon and other online retailers, and the only reason I keep my gaming purchases w/ BB is b/c they have discover cashback and RZ points.

Um, yes it would have. 

The states even agreed to it so long as people would report their taxes as that's how the tax laws were written to be followed.  Problem was nobody bothered to and was too misinformed to assume they had to pay every cent owed.  Tax authorities do not have the resources to audit and dictate every single purchase for every taxable amount.  So they eventually got the retailers like Amazon to agree to just taxing everybody outright.  It's actually the fair way to do it since B&M stores would at least have a more fair chance to online competition.  Had it just gone as planned, as I said, this whole tax issue would have been delayed at the very least. 

With cashback sites and such, B&M retailers like Best Buy are better buys than places like Amazon.  The average consumer just doesn't know how to maximize a purchase.

Um, yes it would have.

The states even agreed to it so long as people would report their taxes as that's how the tax laws were written to be followed. Problem was nobody bothered to and was too misinformed to assume they had to pay every cent owed. Tax authorities do not have the resources to audit and dictate every single purchase for every taxable amount. So they eventually got the retailers like Amazon to agree to just taxing everybody outright. It's actually the fair way to do it since B&M stores would at least have a more fair chance to online competition. Had it just gone as planned, as I said, this whole tax issue would have been delayed at the very least.

With cashback sites and such, B&M retailers like Best Buy are better buys than places like Amazon. The average consumer just doesn't know how to maximize a purchase.
You think that the honor system and taxes go together, of course MOST people won't report their purchases, and for anyone to think that they would has no understanding of how people think or act. No way I believe that politicians are that empty.

ok no one cares about all that legal stuff, you can also avoid the whole fiasco by avoiding the failbox180 and titanfail altogether.

You don't belong here. I made a fanboy thread.
has nothing to do with being a fanboy, im here to help people out and steer them away from bad overpriced products with shady policy's. if they were so confident that titanfall was going to be such a success, they wouldnt be giving away the game for free just so you buy the vcr.

has nothing to do with being a fanboy, im here to help people out and steer them away from bad overpriced products with shady policy's. if they were so confident that titanfall was going to be such a success, they wouldnt be giving away the game for free just so you buy the vcr.
Policies*

And sure it probably has nothing to do with the fact that Titanfall is multiplayer only and the version they are including is downloadable...... :roll:

No offense, but nothing you say will steer anyone away, just as nothing I say would steer anyone towards. There are much more credible sources of information if people want to research buying any system. Or if they don't, use cumulative reviews online.

Glad to see the tax debate alive and well in another thread. There is no "no tax" purchases (at least in this case). Just because a business doesn't charge you doesn't mean you don't owe it. Yes use taxes are on the honor system at the moment but you better believe that states are figuring out how to get a handle on them. It's literally billions of dollars not being collected on. It's a revenue stream that is not being ignored I can assure you.

Man, the way things are looking between these deals and the Europe price drop, we should probably expect a US price drop soon. If that happens, I sure hope MS pulls a Nintendo and does some sort of Ambassador program for the early adopters. It would be pretty shitty if they don't.

I'd like a refund on the useless Kinect. I don't want to use it, it stays in the box, and because of that I have to manually log in to Live every time I turn the system on. Hey Microsoft, how about a buy-back program?

I'd like a refund on the useless Kinect. I don't want to use it, it stays in the box, and because of that I have to manually log in to Live every time I turn the system on. Hey Microsoft, how about a buy-back program?
Have you checked if Gamestop will let you trade in just the Kinect? I don't see it in the GS TIV thread so I assume no one has tried, no one has reported in, or they don't take them yet. I was thinking about doing that if I ever do decide to get an XB1. It's weird enough when I talk to myself; it's too strange talking to inanimate objects too...

Policies*

And sure it probably has nothing to do with the fact that Titanfall is multiplayer only and the version they are including is downloadable...... :roll:
thanks spellchecker. ps your comment makes no sense so you can use as many ........... as you want and u still come off looking stupid.

Most states don't have tax on Amazon.
Well I don't think most is true anymore. Every state that has an amazon warehouse is starting to charge tax on Amazon. Indiana just started charging taxes so expect every state to have sales tax once Amazon adds more warehouses.

It's on your tax forms. I think they call it a use tax.

Hey, if they wanna get paid taxes for online purchases, then they should have a law requiring those taxes to be collected at the time of purchase. That's on them. "Use tax" is just a sleazy way of screwing the consumer out of their RIGHT to not pay sales tax on interstate purchases where the supplier does not have a nexus in the state of the consumer's residence. They're greedy, and of course the minute they realized the law protects consumers from paying sales tax on these types of purchases, they all slither in some slimy use tax law.

But, one size does NOT fit all, and you cannot preach to everyone here about use tax when the case differs state by state. Some "small purchase" exclusions are granted, and in fact if you check the online policy for use tax with retailers, most will not mention it. Newegg does however, and only lists TWO states that have applicable use tax laws for purchases. Two.

maybe if you had a xbox one instead of the ps4 you would have some games to play and not have made up a stupid quest that in the end makes you look like a retard.

Is this still working? 

I had the code working about 3 days ago... now it's not accepting the code...well it accepts the code but it isn't working on ANYTHING in the store at all... I even texted again and got a new code.

Talked to someone on the Microsoft chat and they said it doesn't work on pre order items.. but it's not working on anything in the store at all now for me.. I even attempted to apply to code to the standard edition and nothing... 

Ugh.

If anyone knows please let me know.. 

Edit: 

I think I missed out before they fixed it. 

I'm not interested in Titanfall. Tempted to grab this at $475 and sell off the download code for $50. Bam. Xbox One for $425.

...but wait, if I'm not interested in Titanfall there isn't really much else on the system worth buying yet.

Why am I even posting here?

Huh.

I'm not interested in Titanfall. Tempted to grab this at $475 and sell off the download code for $50. Bam. Xbox One for $425.

...but wait, if I'm not interested in Titanfall there isn't really much else on the system worth buying yet.

Huh.
Some of the arcade games are actually quite good (Max is a really fun game) but if you aren't into DR3 or Forza, then you're right for now.

Huh.
You could get DR3, Tomb Raider or Thief.

Huh.
trolling? titanfall was so much fun you dont like shooters? or did you pick up a ps4 and wondering why you paid $510 for a nextgen system that has nothing to play? (<- see what i did there lol)

Some of the arcade games are actually quite good (Max is a really fun game) but if you aren't into DR3 or Forza, then you're right for now.
mmm ryse is amazing im shocked when people dont mention it.

trolling? titanfall was so much fun you dont like shooters? or did you pick up a ps4 and wondering why you paid $510 for a nextgen system that has nothing to play? (<- see what i did there lol)

mmm ryse is amazing im shocked when people dont mention it.
I have it and only played it briefly, will get back to it though, just too much to play and got distracted haha...

I have it and only played it briefly, will get back to it though, just too much to play and got distracted haha...
i sat it aside as i was playing other stuff but shit did i get hooked and might be my single player of 2014 for xbox. i think the order will end up being the best single player for ps4 as well.

Have you checked if Gamestop will let you trade in just the Kinect? I don't see it in the GS TIV thread so I assume no one has tried, no one has reported in, or they don't take them yet. I was thinking about doing that if I ever do decide to get an XB1. It's weird enough when I talk to myself; it's too strange talking to inanimate objects too...
Seems pointless to allow xone kinect trade ins when every xone comes with one.

bread's done
Back