* * * * - 12 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II (3.0 Announced! Star Wars Incoming! Guard your wallet!)

Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Deals Figures

#4741 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5414 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:54 PM

Artificial scarcity has been very profitable for Nintendo, and don't think Disney, who loves money as much, if not more, isn't paying attention. Teary-eyed kids at there being no Olafs does not register positive on their cross-benefit analysis, but Sabine, an obscure character only fanboys know about, now they may have something there, despite what J.V. has been saying about them filling the shelves, and making every character available.

I don't think they are causing short supply by choice. Stores only have limited shelf space and they don't want to over-order. So they are playing it self. None of the figures are sold out online, so you can easily get them for shipping, unlike said Amiibos.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4742 Gooter   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:08 PM

So the Toy Box preorder bonus is gone now at Best Buy?  I also thought you had up until midnight the day before to preorder.

EDIT:  nevermind, realized release day is today and not monday.  doh!

#4743 XSpark210X   Yeah... CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:19 PM

Does anyone know how the target preorders work? I did one at the store, do they put aside a toy box takeover for you, or is it first come first serve? I don't know when I can get there today.

Yes they put 1 on hold for you. Cause technically they're only for pre-orders. then they will be street dated for the wide release later. Unfortunately the targets in my city didn't get any toy box takeover so maybe tommorow they come in?

#4744 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3063 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted Today, 04:23 PM

Hated gameplay of 2.0, but now that it's star wars Im loving it!

Twilight of the republic seems pretty good sofar. But most of the sidequests seem REALLY dumb, like walk 2 feet from quest giver, press square button and you're done. No challenge, no combat

#4745 Gillbob316   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Gillbob316

Posted Today, 04:36 PM

So I'm currently standing in my local Best Buy fuming, because they have ALL their 3.0 stock locked behind the service desk, the shelves have 3.0 space allotted,but it's completely empty. And the clueless employees are under the impression it's all been preordered, and won't allow any to be sold until they do a complete inventory on all preorders.

I tried explaining to them there's no way in hell every last piece of 3.0 merch was preordered. I mean I can go to bestbuy.com right now and order items for in store pickup at the store I'm standing in.

This is the most f'ed up release I've ever encountered of any game at any store. Preorders should have been inventoried and set aside last night, and the damn product should be on the shelves and ready to buy NOW. This is asinine.

#4746 Wanderlai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   734 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:38 PM

When does the B3G1 free start?

#4747 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   6753 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:39 PM

So I'm currently standing in my local Best Buy fuming, because they have ALL their 3.0 stock locked behind the service desk, the shelves have 3.0 space allotted,but it's completely empty. And the clueless employees are under the impression it's all been preordered, and won't allow any to be sold until they do a complete inventory on all preorders.

I tried explaining to them there's no way in hell every last piece of 3.0 merch was preordered. I mean I can go to bestbuy.com right now and order items for in store pickup at the store I'm standing in.

This is the most f'ed up release I've ever encountered of any game at any store. Preorders should have been inventoried and set aside last night, and the damn product should be on the shelves and ready to buy NOW. This is asinine.

You must have never tried to get a non Madden or COD game at a Walmart on launch day before, because they are always worse. For Swap Force me and another guy had to pretty much set up the display for them all they did was bring it unopened from the back for us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------