* * * * - 16 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Deals Figures

#5161 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

It was in the ad here and online. Ordered Kanan and Ezra this morning. Now I am caught up with this batch of figures.

http://www.bestbuy.c...1&type=category

Regional deal?

#5162 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

It was in the ad here and online. Ordered Kanan and Ezra this morning. Now I am caught up with this batch of figures.

http://www.bestbuy.c...1&type=category

I like how it specifically mentions and shows Han yet you can't even order him with the deal.

#5163 1badta   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Looks like if you want more than 2 you have to make two separate orders.

#5164 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

Picked up Sabine and Ezra, now I have all the Star Wars ones available. Still passing on all the others though like Mickey and Mulan and all the Inside Out ones. $9.19 a figure is nice but I am in no rush for those and so hopefully I can get them for even cheaper down the line. 

#5165 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

Looks like if you want more than 2 you have to make two separate orders.

Usually the case with BB.

Odd it wasn't in the ad, and no indications in store whatsoever the deal was going on, but it rang up anyway.

#5166 CrusaderForever   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

CrusaderForever

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

My son and I had a bummer happen to us today. I went to Walmart and price matched the buy 2 single characters and get $5 off and they had Chewbacca!!! My son was so excited! So was I but....they couldn't sell it to us because he isn't suppose to be on the floor until the end of the month. Chewbacca looks amazing! Can't wait to get him. Walmart price matched and we picked up Olaf and Mickey for $23! So it wasn't all bad. Great game!

#5167 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

My son and I had a bummer happen to us today. I went to Walmart and price matched the buy 2 single characters and get $5 off and they had Chewbacca!!! My son was so excited! So was I but....they couldn't sell it to us because he isn't suppose to be on the floor until the end of the month. Chewbacca looks amazing! Can't wait to get him. Walmart price matched and we picked up Olaf and Mickey for $23! So it wasn't all bad. Great game!

9 more days! Gonna be hard to resist that set when it comes out. Chewie and Han would make a great pairing, should someone offer a deal like this.

#5168 Gillbob316   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Gillbob316

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:33 AM

I just want to say, since I've seen a couple posts now about people finding Han, Chewie, and the Rise Playset on shelves, but being denied at the register...

I miss the days when a stupid employee putting things out before the street date meant you could luck out and buy them before you were supposed to... and the computers didn't know better and correct their mistakes for them.

THEN AGAIN...

It is much easier these days when a stupid employee tries to deny you a sale/coupon with an argument you know is incorrect, but then you have them scan the items in question into the computer anyway, and it automatically corrects their mistakes for them, proving you right and putting the dumb employee soundly in their place, leaving you with a smug sense of satisfaction in your triumph.

So it's one of life's little trade-offs I suppose...

Sometimes the computers being smarter than the employees gets in the way... But sometimes it saves you from their ignorance too.

#5169 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:02 AM

The Inside Out Feelings are kind of crappy outside their playset. They all have the same ball attack, the difference between them is the color of it, and simple melee attacks. No throw, combos, air attacks, or the other nice stuff the other 3.0 characters have. They do have some nice animations, but if you don't own the playset, there's no reason to get them right now.

#5170 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

The Inside Out Feelings are kind of crappy outside their playset. They all have the same ball attack, the difference between them is the color of it, and simple melee attacks. No throw, combos, air attacks, or the other nice stuff the other 3.0 characters have. They do have some nice animations, but if you don't own the playset, there's no reason to get them right now.

Thanks for saying that because I was only buying it because the BB sale is so good but I'll be strong and wait for more star wars... Hopefully a good sale too

#5171 k20em1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

2.0 starter packs are DOTD at BB incase you haven't seen the post, great deal for the figures.  This is a double bonus for me as I didn't know the x1 2/3.0 base wouldn't work on x360.  Now I can play pirates! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.c...ter-packs-14617

#5172 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

The Inside Out Feelings are kind of crappy outside their playset. They all have the same ball attack, the difference between them is the color of it, and simple melee attacks. No throw, combos, air attacks, or the other nice stuff the other 3.0 characters have. They do have some nice animations, but if you don't own the playset, there's no reason to get them right now.

But how fun is that darned playset, amirite?  That playset is one of my favorites.  No having to deal with stupid enemies (so far) that I need to worry about  It's a platforming dream.

#5173 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

But how fun is that darned playset, amirite?  That playset is one of my favorites.  No having to deal with stupid enemies (so far) that I need to worry about  It's a platforming dream.

The playset is great. There are enemies later on but the platforming continues. The kids and I finally got 100% in the playset this weekend. The light bulbs are a pain to get sometimes but the 3rd Topsy Turvy level bulb takes the cake.

#5174 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

Are the Inside Out figures kinda like the Toy Story folks in that all they have for melee is basically just that simple shoulder nudge attack or whatever? 

I was really disappointed when I played the Toy Story characters after having already played the Incredibles playset...because the Incredibles characters had such cool special moves and melee attacks and it kinda made Buzz and Woody feel like a letdown. But then I noticed that my daughter actually seemed to enjoy the Toy Story playset more, because the objectives were based around alot more than just combat. So I guess there is a trade off there. I feel like she didn't like 2.0 quite as much because all of those playsets seemed geared around combat as well. Definitely getting her the Inside Out playset as I think it's going to fit her liking better. 

#5175 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Are the Inside Out figures kinda like the Toy Story folks in that all they have for melee is basically just that simple shoulder nudge attack or whatever? 

They're not that bad. They've got standard melee combos, block breakers, and a lot of other things you see in 2.0, though the "throw" button does not function (in the Toy Box at least), and other things, like the +1 combos, are also absent. This is likely due to the lack of emphasis on combat in their set. I've no doubt they work great in their own set (and any Toyboxes made using their template). If you're a fan of Inside/Out, they can be fun to mess around with, as they've got a lot of personality, great animations, and funny quips, even if only two of the five, Anger and Sadness, are done by the original voice actors. However, they don't last long under intense combat, and are not going to be your stalwart go tos like your Jedis, Hulk, Venom, Merida, and other powerful characters. Their abilities outside their set are also very similar, with no discernible difference whatsoever between their ball attacks. In short, if you're planning on buying the I/O playset at some point, it wouldn't hurt to have one or two in the wings to mess around with, but if you've no interest in the set at all, pass.   

#5176 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

can a ps3 owner and ps4 owner play together?

#5177 elmo-m  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Nope, you can't play cross platform

#5178 elmo-m  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

#5179 elmo-m  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

#5180 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

Press the post/reply button once, no matter how long it takes or how unresponsive it seems. If in doubt, hit refresh first.

#5181 BlanketFort  

BlanketFort

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

But can it play cross-platform?

#5182 KemperJones   MSRP is for suckers. CAGiversary!   1228 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

KemperJones

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

But can it play cross-platform?

Based on earlier replies, I think so.  ;)

#5183 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

Hey you guys just curious do you know what's going on with this rumor is black suit spiderman coming to 3.0, I know it's on the vita version but I heard it was coming to 3.0

#5184 elmo-m  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

Stupid phone sorry for the triple posts guys

#5185 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:00 PM

Hey you guys just curious do you know what's going on with this rumor is black suit spiderman coming to 3.0, I know it's on the vita version but I heard it was coming to 3.0

There is a spot for it in the collection listed as a 3.0 figure on the Marvel tab with Ultron and Hulkbuster Iron Man. I haven't seen an official announcement (probably at the NYCC panel in October), but it seems to imply there is a way to get it as part of the 3.0 release cycle instead of the 2.0 Vita pack-in.

#5186 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2803 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:37 PM

why can't I find the toy box takeover on amazon? Don't they sell it? Do I even need it?

#5187 Ratbelly  

Ratbelly

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

why can't I find the toy box takeover on amazon? Don't they sell it? Do I even need it?

Technically it doesnt come out until October. It came as a preorder bonus, but Target sold me one. I think it is great. I would get it
Think diablo in disney infinity.

#5188 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:17 AM

they've got a lot of personality, great animations, and funny quips, even if only two of the five, Anger and Sadness, are done by the original voice actors.   

honestly Anger is the only one that matters. Less Mindy Kaling is not something I would count as a negative.

#5189 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:51 AM

Is it possible to buy Playset codes to unlock playsets?  Or do you have to buy the full set?  

#5190 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:13 AM

Is it possible to buy Playset codes to unlock playsets? Or do you have to buy the full set?

I don't think you can digitally purchase a playset. It has to recognize the nfc reader thing on the base.

If you need some webcodes for the individual characters to use in thr Ios version of the toybox, I might have some leftover that I can just give you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney Infinity, Disney, Infinity, Disney Infinity Deals, Figures