* * * * - 16 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Deals Figures

#5341 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

So in order to play the 2.0 playsets I need to have a 2.0 base and the 2.0 game? Seems like a waste to have multiple bases sitting around.

No, any base 1.0-3.0 (besides Xbox 360) will work fine... To play the playsets you will need a copy/download of either 1.0-3.0 depending on which playset your trying to play

#5342 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

Ok pre-ordered my second saga playset. 20 seems like a pretty great deal. Now just 1 day to play it!

#5343 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

Anyone playing 3.0 on X1 have frame rate issues when coming back from suspend? Like, start, stop, start, stop, start, stop every second or two? First time I loaded up Twilight of the Republic and the crawl came up it was like reading off of an old dot matrix printer. Seems to be fine as long as I quit completely out of the game after a play session. Not the biggest hassle, but still...

#5344 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

I am impressed with the Toy Box this time around. The content is fun, and, with a few exceptions (being trapped in a room with no escape in the Hoth level) all work properly and can be completed. Not sure if it's a better tutorial, or an overall superior engine, but while there are still progress resets by stepping into the wrong section of a level, I haven't noticed nearly as many trigger fails or playsets that top out without notifying you that you've done all there is to do. Sabine's mission and that Boss Rush are especially good, and the two Arenas (a regular and Star Wars) are a good place to hone my skills and level up my characters with combat more intense than that which you typically find in the playsets.

#5345 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

and level up my characters 

... you mean you actually take the time to level them up?

Seriously man... Spark Generators ftw.  Turn on some football, and every other commercial break (roughly) is a 1 to 20 character.... plus the money it generates as well.  

Honestly, it's the best way to earn the money to unlock all the stuff the kid wants to play/place in the Toybox, but without the actual time consumption of actually levelling.

#5346 1badta   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

Anyone playing 3.0 on X1 have frame rate issues when coming back from suspend? Like, start, stop, start, stop, start, stop every second or two? First time I loaded up Twilight of the Republic and the crawl came up it was like reading off of an old dot matrix printer. Seems to be fine as long as I quit completely out of the game after a play session. Not the biggest hassle, but still...

Same problem here. If I go to suspend and come back it is a lagging stuttering mess. Have to quit completely and  restart game. Kind of weird that this is the only xbox one game I have had trouble with.

#5347 elmo-m  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

So in order to play the 2.0 playsets I need to have a 2.0 base and the 2.0 game? Seems like a waste to have multiple bases sitting around.

Not at all, any of the bases will work with any of the versions (as long as it's compatible with the same console)

#5348 lewchief   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

Same problem here. If I go to suspend and come back it is a lagging stuttering mess. Have to quit completely and restart game. Kind of weird that this is the only xbox one game I have had trouble with.

Does your audio ever cut out too? Mine will drop all the dialogue and only play the background music. I have to completely close out and come back to fix it.

#5349 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Does your audio ever cut out too? Mine will drop all the dialogue and only play the background music. I have to completely close out and come back to fix it.

My audio gets "fuzzy" (for lack of a better word) but I haven't had it cut out completely. Then again, I only got the game yesterday.

#5350 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

Pretty sad that the XB1 version is the one with the problems. Are developers still having issues with it? Kinda reminds me of how the early PS3 sports games were crappier than their PS2 counterparts due to bugs like this. 

#5351 1badta   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

Yep my audio cuts in and out. Hopefully a patch comes out this fixes this. I use the suspend feature all the time (watch Netflix or Hulu then go right back to where I was in my game almost instantly).

#5352 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

Just wondering...did anybody here order a 3.0 Starter Pack from Best Buy during the 50% off glitch earlier this year and if so did you try to get a free figure this week with the promo? Wondering if it's even worth trying to call their CS about it.

#5353 were8kosh  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3 71.99/57.59 best buy
got for the figures and discs. the stand i really dont want but wth for the price
http://www.bestbuy.c...7&skuId=8102008

#5354 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

Just wondering...did anybody here order a 3.0 Starter Pack from Best Buy during the 50% off glitch earlier this year and if so did you try to get a free figure this week with the promo? Wondering if it's even worth trying to call their CS about it.

Yes. Be nice and spell it out for them. Tell them that it's in their weekly promo. Have them add the starter set and the figure to their cart. Then you should be golden.

#5355 sbaker44  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

Went and picked up the saga bundle today. I let my 3 year old pick out the free character. Figured he'd go with Olaf or Mickey. He chose Darth Vader. Proud papa moment!

#5356 elmo-m  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:45 AM

Vadar looks amazing too, hard to hold off until the light fx

#5357 1badta   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

Vadar looks amazing too, hard to hold off until the light fx

Yeah, I have never paid full price for a figure but the Vadar figure is so tempting. Hopefully someone has a sale soon or I may cave lol.

#5358 doubledown   Funky Daddy CAGiversary!   11758 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:47 AM

I picked up a few figures at Meijer today on clearance.  Some were $2, $4, $6...random prices.  I ended up with Elsa, Woody, Wreck it Ralph, Aladdin, and Maleficent.  I haven't even played the game yet!

#5359 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

I picked up a few figures at Meijer today on clearance.  Some were $2, $4, $6...random prices.  I ended up with Elsa, Woody, Wreck it Ralph, Aladdin, and Maleficent.  I haven't even played the game yet!

That's how it all starts, next thing I know I was buying the starter pack

#5360 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4896 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

Sorry if this is off topic, but I was wondering what the best way to sell off DI and the figures was? My son wants that new Lego game and I told him only if we got rid of Disney infinity first. Thanks!

#5361 spookyhurst   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

spookyhurst

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

Has anyone had a problem with their figures fading? I just started playing 2.0, and discovered my Baymax and Ronan look like they have a whitish coating on them.

Also, what is the best enemy for leveling up? I currently have my enemy generators spitting out large frost giants. Is there someone better?

Thanks!

#5362 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

I think almost all Baymax had a weird white dust on them, just a weird paintjob. Not sure with RoniN I never got him

#5363 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Has anyone had a problem with their figures fading? I just started playing 2.0, and discovered my Baymax and Ronan look like they have a whitish coating on them.

Also, what is the best enemy for leveling up? I currently have my enemy generators spitting out large frost giants. Is there someone better?

Thanks!

Mine are set for random bosses.  2 levels of 9 a piece and with the auto destruct I gain EXP fast.  Mine gains money faster than the spark generator that the other guys developped but theirs gains more XP.  Not sure why and it's honestly not worth figuring out.

#5364 elmo-m  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I have never paid full price for a figure but the Vadar figure is so tempting. Hopefully someone has a sale soon or I may cave lol.

Don't think I paid full price either. GameStop was great for 1.0 £6.97 a figure and offer of 3 for 2 was great

#5365 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

Last year was Marvel, this year was Star Wars, what big thing will be next year? Seeing what Lego Dimensions is doing with crossovers, I think a great direction would be play sets with plots involving the three realms (Disney, Marvel, Star Wars) interacting together. I'd buy one!

#5366 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

Last year was Marvel, this year was Star Wars, what big thing will be next year? Seeing what Lego Dimensions is doing with crossovers, I think a great direction would be play sets with plots involving the three realms (Disney, Marvel, Star Wars) interacting together. I'd buy one!

Personally, I want a return to Disney. There are so many potentially great playsets. Nightmare Before Christmas would be amazing, but Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book and so many others lend themselves well to this style game. A Muppet playset would be great, and would go with the new TV show. A Mickey Mouse clubhouse playset for all the classic Disney characters seems like a no brainer (w/ Goofy and Pluto). I would imagine we will get yearly Star Wars playsets for the yearly Star Wars movie.

Edit: I shouldn't have said "return" to Disney,  as the "Disney" sets have all been Pixar or live action. I want some classic Disney animation playsets.

#5367 were8kosh  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

I want pluto and popeye and brutus. that tag team could smoke starwars guys.

#5368 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:14 PM

Personally, I want a return to Disney. 

I want a Kingdom Hearts style story where-in you can play all those "crappy" "toy box only" characters in a story.   There are so many good ones.  You mentioned Jack Skellington, Phineas and Ferb, Frozen, Tinkerbell, Stitch.  So many good IPs.... but they won't do it because it doesn't sell "new" figures.  But hell sell me a 3 pack $40 expansion only.  I'll buy that crap.  Anything that lets me use the less used figs.

#5369 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Mentioning Tinkerbell, DI has obviously shied away from the "girl" playsets. The Disney Fairies and Frozen are IPs that would make for good playsets and feature some of their most popular characters and yet Disney has not made them. I think that is one of their biggest mistakes. 

As for your Kingdom Hearts style game, I think Toybox Takeover was supposed to be that.

#5370 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

I want a Kingdom Hearts style story where-in you can play all those "crappy" "toy box only" characters in a story.   There are so many good ones.  You mentioned Jack Skellington, Phineas and Ferb, Frozen, Tinkerbell, Stitch.  So many good IPs.... but they won't do it because it doesn't sell "new" figures.  But hell sell me a 3 pack $40 expansion only.  I'll buy that crap.  Anything that lets me use the less used figs.

I'd be happy with more stuff like Toybox Takeover, but longer, much, much longer. Kingdom Hearts IV only on Infinity - that would be something!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney Infinity, Disney, Infinity, Disney Infinity Deals, Figures