* * * * - 16 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Deals Figures

#5431 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3628 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

The trailer is up too - it's a brawler

Thanks for that, it looks pretty great. That said, I get kinda frustrated with these packs including a lot of custom functionality that can't be replicated in Toy Box. On that note, I'm still trying to find if I can even change the lighting in an Interior to make it dark like it gets in the in Haunted House room addition. Anyone know if that's even possible?

#5432 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11434 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

While I don't like the idea of rehashing characters, this figure sculpt is fantastic.

Thats a badass pose.

#5433 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

So basically it's Powerstone with Infinity figures? Hell yeah! Hopefully, that tourney fighter option gets unlocked in the toybox too!

I just hope that new pose isn't the start of something. It would especially suck if he has an identical moveset to the original, and be even worse if they made the old version incompatible, or nerfed him into uselessness, to encourage people to get the new one.

#5434 BlanketFort  

BlanketFort

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

Well that's kinda...underwhelming. Even if they give him a different moveset and different supers or whatever, I still kind of see it as a letdown and more of a "variant" than a new character. There are so many more characters in the Marvel universe they could have picked. And if they wanted to promote Avengers they could have given us Vision.

JV posted on Twitter that the Cap variant isn't one of the planned figures. Marvel just had them add it to the game. The the four unannounced Marvel figures that they initially mentioned is still totaled at four. So this Cap didn't take up one of their spots, it's just a bonus figure!

#5435 Kargg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:15 AM

I just bought 2.0 at best buy for like 15 bucks. What has been the best deals on the 2.0 play sets and 1.0/2.0 figures?

#5436 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3628 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

I just bought 2.0 at best buy for like 15 bucks. What has been the best deals on the 2.0 play sets and 1.0/2.0 figures?

Even if you don't have a Vita the Vita version comes with the Spidey playset, an exlcusive spiderman figure, and two game discs (hexagon discs that have actual games instead of vehicles or other items). That stuff is around 50 on it's own. Otherwise CAG and Slickdeals list random clearance level prices for some 1.0 and 2.0 characters (anywhere from 3-5 bucks) every month or so.

#5437 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

JV posted on Twitter that the Cap variant isn't one of the planned figures. Marvel just had them add it to the game. The the four unannounced Marvel figures that they initially mentioned is still totaled at four. So this Cap didn't take up one of their spots, it's just a bonus figure!

Gimme my MODOK you assholes, he was in the Avengers playset and the first 2.0 trailer!

#5438 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5013 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:17 AM

Best non-fluke 2.0 playset prices have been 12-15 while figures would be about $6.

#5439 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:19 AM

There has to be a trade list for these figures on CAG... but I can't seem to find it.  Any help?

#5440 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:13 AM

There has to be a trade list for these figures on CAG... but I can't seem to find it. Any help?

Nope. Very little need for a trade list as all figures have been very easy to find over the course of the 3 games.

#5441 1888  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:11 AM

BB in-store has Sorcerer's Mickey 2.0 for $4.99 ($3.99 GCU).

Ioho0bX.jpg?1

#5442 elmo-m  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:16 AM

More to be shown on Saturday, not sure if they're showing any other figures or just the playset but hope they show ant man soon he's teased for soooo long. Cap looked good in the toy box tv video.
Also for those who haven't seen it he comes with the playset pack

#5443 spookyhurst   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

spookyhurst

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

Who are the best characters for the Spiderman and Guardian of the Galaxy playsets? I'm guessing Venom is probably one.

#5444 elmo-m  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:02 AM

Venom is like a mix of spidy and hulk so if you like those 2 then he's a definite buy imo. To me dead is the best guardian but he's nothing special imo. It's all personal preference

#5445 elmo-m  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:03 AM

Edit : sorry double post

#5446 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Nope. Very little need for a trade list as all figures have been very easy to find over the course of the 3 games.

We trade/sell everything else when we are done with them...  do we also trade/sell figures?  

#5447 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

We trade/sell everything else when we are done with them... do we also trade/sell figures?

You certainly can. I don't personally plan on ever getting rid of mine as I find them to be great display figures, but I can see how others might want to clear some room.

If there isn't already a master trading thread for figures, I'd say go ahead and start one. There is a power disc trading thread already, you could also post in there.

#5448 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

So I am late to the infinity party and starting with 2.0 as it had that BestBuy DOTD last week,

Now my question is about the figures, I see BB has the 2.0 figs on sale this week for 9.99 (7.99 with GCU), I picked up all the Avengers playset related figures and eventually would like the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Spiderman, not really interested on the Disney Originals for now.

So, would it be a good deal to pick up all the Marvel 2.0 figures now with GCU and wait for the playsets to be on sale or is this price a common deal for Disney Infinity?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

#5449 elmo-m  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

The live panel at comic con just finished, no new figure info but lots of battleground info. Black suit Spider-Man MAY get a stand alone figure depending on how a meeting about it goes this week. 4 player co op achieved with 1 base (place a figure then once it's loaded, remove it and place another etc)

#5450 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

Crap I wished I had jumped on the BB DoTD  :wall:

#5451 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

So I am late to the infinity party and starting with 2.0 as it had that BestBuy DOTD last week,
Now my question is about the figures, I see BB has the 2.0 figs on sale this week for 9.99 (7.99 with GCU), I picked up all the Avengers playset related figures and eventually would like the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Spiderman, not really interested on the Disney Originals for now.
So, would it be a good deal to pick up all the Marvel 2.0 figures now with GCU and wait for the playsets to be on sale or is this price a common deal for Disney Infinity?

The $10/8 price has been offered a lot in the months leading up to 3.0, but less often since its release.

#5452 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

The $10/8 price has been offered a lot in the months leading up to 3.0, but less often since its release.

Thanks for the reply!

I think I will just go ahead and buy them, I am even more inclined now with the battlegrounds stuff coming out soon, will just wait for a decent/better price on those other playsets.

#5453 CucoGordo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

The live panel at comic con just finished, no new figure info but lots of battleground info. Black suit Spider-Man MAY get a stand alone figure depending on how a meeting about it goes this week. 4 player co op achieved with 1 base (place a figure then once it's loaded, remove it and place another etc)

You forgot to brag about getting the Hulkbuster figure free and 3-4 weeks early!! lol I'm liking him, it's a pretty cool figure. Also the Cap figure was confirmed as an "extra" figure and not one of the planned release ones. 

#5454 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

Me too! I just picked up 3.0 a couple weeks ago when BB had the Saga bundle for $90. $72 with a free figure was too good a deal to pass up! So, I just started diving in and BB runs Marvel 2.0 for $20 ($16 GCU) this week. OK, I'm all in now! LOL

Anyway, I went ahead and picked up 6 figures for 2.0 at BB also this week (Captain America, Hulk, Venom, Groot, Drax, and Rocket Racoon). That's pretty much everyone I wanted for Marvel, and at $8 with GCU, that's almost half price. Best price I've seen since I started following Infinity.

Who usually puts the play sets on sale most often? I need the Guardians and Spider-Man 2.0 sets, and I was kinda hoping Best Buy would put them on sale with all the other 2.0 stuff they've been discounting, but no dice, so far. Obviously, BB with GCU is the way to go, but I was curious as to any better deals I should be on the lookout for?

Learned a lot already from this thread. Thanks everyone!

#5455 doubledown   Funky Daddy CAGiversary!   11758 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Cartwheel is 40% playsets

#5456 wolfhunt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

wolfhunt

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

Toysrus has DI 1 and 2 figures on sale. Looks like DI 1 figures are $7, DI 2 figures are $9 with free shipping. Power discs were $1.50

I finally pulled the trigger for the crystal figures because I really need more figures to add to the shelf. :)

Found this online, not sure about in store prices

#5457 elmo-m  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

You forgot to brag about getting the Hulkbuster figure free and 3-4 weeks early!! lol I'm liking him, it's a pretty cool figure. Also the Cap figure was confirmed as an "extra" figure and not one of the planned release ones.

Oh I wasn't there (I wish!!) lol I just watched the live stream. Yea JV confirmed that on Twitter the other day as well when there was backlash over it.
They also said some Star Wars info coming next week I believe, assume that'll just be discs not playset info

#5458 CucoGordo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Oh I wasn't there (I wish!!) lol I just watched the live stream. Yea JV confirmed that on Twitter the other day as well when there was backlash over it. They also said some Star Wars info coming next week I believe, assume that'll just be discs not playset info

Oh ok, sorry that you weren't there, it was cool.  Sat in that damn hall from 2pm until the start of the DI panel at 4pm.  Glad I did now that I have my Hulkbuster.  The news might be more about the new Star Wars movie figures, maybe? 

#5459 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

How is Darth Vader in game on 3.0?

#5460 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

Me too! I just picked up 3.0 a couple weeks ago when BB had the Saga bundle for $90. $72 with a free figure was too good a deal to pass up! So, I just started diving in and BB runs Marvel 2.0 for $20 ($16 GCU) this week. OK, I'm all in now! LOL

Anyway, I went ahead and picked up 6 figures for 2.0 at BB also this week (Captain America, Hulk, Venom, Groot, Drax, and Rocket Racoon). That's pretty much everyone I wanted for Marvel, and at $8 with GCU, that's almost half price. Best price I've seen since I started following Infinity.

Who usually puts the play sets on sale most often? I need the Guardians and Spider-Man 2.0 sets, and I was kinda hoping Best Buy would put them on sale with all the other 2.0 stuff they've been discounting, but no dice, so far. Obviously, BB with GCU is the way to go, but I was curious as to any better deals I should be on the lookout for?

Learned a lot already from this thread. Thanks everyone!

Cartwheel is 40% playsets

And there it is, I thought I was done with DI 2.0 for a little while, but I guess once it grabs you it will just feast on your wallet, good thing SSB amiibos are almost.

Thanks for the heads up on that 40% off Cartwheel, gives me about a week to pick up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney Infinity, Disney, Infinity, Disney Infinity Deals, Figures