- - - - -

Disc To Digital Forum - Your D2D Needs Serviced Here! Bluray and DVD UV

Bluray D2D UV DVD Vudu

#1 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Looking to start a thread for Disc to Digital Service where CAG's can discuss purchasing movies for their UV collections at a discounted price. Reliable and customer oriented CAG's only. If using Vudu, you must have the Vudu to Go app installed to purchase D2D. Thread would be started under trading section. Just looking to garner some support first.

#2 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Flixster also has a service similar to this. They charge $2 per disc. AFAIK, this rate pertains to DVD and Blu-Ray. What does V2G (Vudu To Go) charge?

Aug 2015 Current Shows (TV, not airing): The Flash, Mad Men, Farscape, House of Cards; (TV, airing): Killjoys, Hell on Wheels, Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, The Strain

Aug 2015 Current Games: The Forest, Witcher 2, Jade Empire, Outlast, Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, Guild Wars 2, Team Fortress 2

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing_[BC], Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#3 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

V2G charges $2 per DVD and Blu-Ray as well, but after 10 copies they charge only $1. That's the reason I tend to stick with Vudu more when it comes to D2D. Vudu also is constantly adding films to their eligible D2D list, a plus in my book. I have been able to save a ton of money by just buying from other people's libraries of movies. For them and anyone that has an extensive movie collection on hand, it's a great way to make an additional bit of money on the side. 

#4 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

V2G charges $2 per DVD and Blu-Ray as well, but after 10 copies they charge only $1. That's the reason I tend to stick with Vudu more when it comes to D2D. Vudu also is constantly adding films to their eligible D2D list, a plus in my book. I have been able to save a ton of money by just buying from other people's libraries of movies. For them and anyone that has an extensive movie collection on hand, it's a great way to make an additional bit of money on the side. 

I wonder if they can do full seasons of shows under this service.

Aug 2015 Current Shows (TV, not airing): The Flash, Mad Men, Farscape, House of Cards; (TV, airing): Killjoys, Hell on Wheels, Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, The Strain

Aug 2015 Current Games: The Forest, Witcher 2, Jade Empire, Outlast, Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, Guild Wars 2, Team Fortress 2

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing_[BC], Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#5 Will   Official CAG Asshole CAGiversary!   6157 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Dumb question....how does this work?

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#6 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

I think with the DRM that a lot of movie discs have (even though there's software you can download the circumvents that and allows you to copy the movie but you break the law doing so), these services may ask you to put in the disk, let it read, the software scans it and identifies it somehow...and then you pay and unlock the digital copy.

#7 tyron3biggum5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

tyron3biggum5

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

I'm assuming you pay a fee for the seller to load titles into your Vudu account. You can than log into the Vudu2Go app and complete the transaction. The good thing about this, is that you can "save" the titles in the app until you are ready to make the purchase. If you have at least 10 titles at one time to convert, you save 50% and only pay $1 for the conversion. That fee would be in addition to wait you paid the seller to add the title to your account. There are ways to work around giving out your Vudu login info.

I'd be interested in contributing to this as a seller.

#8 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

I believe that you can do full seasons of shows under this service as well. I have come across some sellers who are generous enough to sometimes even give you a few movies for free, and all you end up paying is the Vudu fees. I was rather surprised to see that CAG yet had a forum for this kind of service, as it is much cheaper and works the exact same way as purchading individual IV codes. I am a member of the google+ forums for UV trading and D2D trading. Some of the people there are CAG's as well, and I felt the need to talk to some people about it on here and see what we could start.

#9 omarv31  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

I just added 15 movies last night 13$.
First timers get a 2$ credit

#10 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

Not a deal.

#11 omarv31  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

Kick-Ass [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Prometheus [Collector's Edition] [4 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] [3D] [UltraViolet] [Includes Digital Copy] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
The A-Team (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] [Unrated Extended Cut] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Terminator 2: Judgment Day [Skynet Edition] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
How to Train Your Dragon [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Rise of the Planet of the Apes [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [UltraViolet] [2D/3D] [Blu-ray - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa [WS] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs [3D] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00

Terminator Salvation [WS] [Director's Cut] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
The Simpsons: The Movie [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Rio [4 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [3D] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Fight Club [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Meet the Spartans [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Subtotal for 16 Items
$ 16.00
Credit
$ -2.00
TOTAL
$ 14.00

#12 Mutemonster  

Mutemonster

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Thank fully I can reply to this topic
I haven't been able to reply to the ultraviolet thread and have no idear why?
have bought codes from a cople of members it's been great
I'm from the UK but I buy USA codes for several reasons

They are more reliable load up better on my roku
Available before the uk
And there is a much bigger selection ( riddick was not avalible in uk ect...)

I'd be very interested in this service but I don't know how I could check out ? I think vudu needs a USA credit card
Also do they go in to the ultraviolet locker vuuv ?
As I'd need to play vi flixter on my roku as vudu is not avalible in uk on the roku

#13 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

Thank fully I can reply to this topic
I haven't been able to reply to the ultraviolet thread and have no idear why?
have bought codes from a cople of members it's been great
I'm from the UK but I buy USA codes for several reasons

They are more reliable load up better on my roku
Available before the uk
And there is a much bigger selection ( riddick was not avalible in uk ect...)

I'd be very interested in this service but I don't know how I could check out ? I think vudu needs a USA credit card
Also do they go in to the ultraviolet locker vuuv ?
As I'd need to play vi flixter on my roku as vudu is not avalible in uk on the roku

I wasn't able to reply to that thread for a while as well, most likely has to do with feedback and recent membership status choices by the moderators. You should be able to soon. I haven't had any experience with anyone outside of the US trying to use Vudu services, so anyone's answer is as good as mine. I do know that they will go into your ultraviolet account regardless of whether or not you used a code or purchased disc to digital. The main reason I like D2D much better is the fact that they are so many more movies accessible at much cheaper rates than buying just the codes from others who have purchased the dvd's or bluray's themselves. 

#14 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

Kick-Ass [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Prometheus [Collector's Edition] [4 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] [3D] [UltraViolet] [Includes Digital Copy] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
The A-Team (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] [Unrated Extended Cut] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Terminator 2: Judgment Day [Skynet Edition] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
How to Train Your Dragon [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Rise of the Planet of the Apes [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [UltraViolet] [2D/3D] [Blu-ray - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa [WS] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs [3D] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00

Terminator Salvation [WS] [Director's Cut] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
The Simpsons: The Movie [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Rio [4 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [3D] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Fight Club [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Meet the Spartans [Blu-ray] - BLURAY
HDX
$ 1.00
Subtotal for 16 Items
$ 16.00
Credit
$ -2.00
TOTAL
$ 14.00

Some good movies there, might have to add them to my collection someday soon! I have 118 movies now and I have only had my Vudu and UV accounts for a month now...  :-

#15 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

Not a deal.

Please clarify? 

#16 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

I may or may not work for Vudu.

Interested way to use the D2D.

This is new.

Be advised that Disney/Marvel movies are not part of the D2D service and will not transfer from Vudu to any other service.

Or TV shows, they are not part of D2D at this time.

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist 3DS/PS4 Games FirewatchPokemon

#17 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

I may or may not work for Vudu.

Interested way to use the D2D.

This is new.

Be advised that Disney/Marvel movies are not part of the D2D service and will not transfer from Vudu to any other service.

Or TV shows, they are not part of D2D at this time.

I was unaware of the Disney/Marvel exclusion at this moment in time. Hopefully they add those and work with Disney/Marvel in the near future. Most of the Disney movies are impossible to find Uv codes for unless they are new releases. 

#18 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

Cause Disney is trying to create their own service and don't wanna join.

Give it a year or two and it will happen, IMO.

Any questions about the service, let me know.

pk.jpg

#19 OrchestratedHtz  

OrchestratedHtz

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

Just to make it clear to everyone, here is the breakdown....

Disc to Digital:

DVD to SD Digital - $2

DVD to HD/HDX Digital - $5

Blu-Ray to HD/HDX Digital - $2

*First time use of the program gets you a $2 discount at checkout

*Covert 10+ titles during the same transaction and get 50% off your entire order

I have done this a few times with my DVD collection. Obviously, if you have a way to load Blu-Ray discs, than that will be the better way to go but even converting DVDs to HDX is cheaper than what most people are offering them for on the site. Especially, the newer releases. Convert 10 titles at a time and you get the 50% off which puts it down to $2.50 a title. That's not bad at all when you think about it and you can use the 50% as many times as you want. And if I'm not mistaken, you can only use the 50% once a day

#20 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

Nope the 50% can be used as many times a day as you can use it.

Though do it in batches of 10 so the program doesn't get overloaded.

Also some movies may through back a needs to verify.

That means the program failed, so try another computer or your local Walmart, though you wont get the discount.

pk.jpg

#21 OrchestratedHtz  

OrchestratedHtz

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

Do you still get the 50% at Walmart when you take them in-store?

Also, just to let everyone know, you HAVE to have the case in order to do an in-store disc to digital transfer. Or at least a kool employee to bypass the barcode scan (if that's possible?)

#22 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

You will NOT get the 50% off.

The 50% off is to get users to use the D2D program, because it's still in Beta.

pk.jpg

#23 OrchestratedHtz  

OrchestratedHtz

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

Figured as much. Thanx for clearing that up though

#24 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Just to make it clear to everyone, here is the breakdown....

Disc to Digital:

DVD to SD Digital - $2

DVD to HD/HDX Digital - $5

Blu-Ray to HD/HDX Digital - $2

*First time use of the program gets you a $2 discount at checkout

*Covert 10+ titles during the same transaction and get 50% off your entire order

I have done this a few times with my DVD collection. Obviously, if you have a way to load Blu-Ray discs, than that will be the better way to go but even converting DVDs to HDX is cheaper than what most people are offering them for on the site. Especially, the newer releases. Convert 10 titles at a time and you get the 50% off which puts it down to $2.50 a title. That's not bad at all when you think about it and you can use the 50% as many times as you want. And if I'm not mistaken, you can only use the 50% once a day

Thank you for clarifying that, I have come to find some people that say there is a loophole in getting dvd's to convert to HDX for only a dollar. I didn't know if anyone knew anything more about this? Not sure how or why it works exactly? I still have my gateway laptop that I have been using for roughly 4 or 5 years now, doesn't have bluray capability  :dvd:

#25 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

You will NOT get the 50% off.

The 50% off is to get users to use the D2D program, because it's still in Beta.

How long do you suppose that D2D will remain in Beta? 

#26 grpcop214   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Cause Disney is trying to create their own service and don't wanna join.

Give it a year or two and it will happen, IMO.

Any questions about the service, let me know.

Hopefully you are correct, Disney movies would be a great addition to the D2D world.

#27 OrchestratedHtz  

OrchestratedHtz

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

Thank you for clarifying that, I have come to find some people that say there is a loophole in getting dvd's to convert to HDX for only a dollar. I didn't know if anyone knew anything more about this? Not sure how or why it works exactly? I still have my gateway laptop that I have been using for roughly 4 or 5 years now, doesn't have bluray capability  :dvd:

I don't think there is a "loophole" in converting DVDs for $1. Unless umbry can clarify that otherwise, they might have been talking about the Blu-Ray D2D. Which if you transfer 10 or more in one transaction, you will indeed be transferring them for $1 a piece at the 50% discount offered.

#28 Mutemonster  

Mutemonster

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Ok for this to be interesting for me
Some one would have to ither log in to the account I've just made for this purpose
And be willing to check out for me! Or sell me a locker with the films in then I could merge it with mine

As an experiment I'd like to buy 10 films at €1.50 each + a €2 service fee there for you would stand to make
There for making a €7 profit if any ones willing to give it a try tell me what films you have n we will talk further
Thank you

#29 OrchestratedHtz  

OrchestratedHtz

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Ok for this to be interesting for me
Some one would have to ither log in to the account I've just made for this purpose
And be willing to check out for me! Or sell me a locker with the films in then I could merge it with mine

As an experiment I'd like to buy 10 films at €1.50 each + a €2 service fee there for you would stand to make
There for making a €7 profit if any ones willing to give it a try tell me what films you have n we will talk further
Thank you

I would like to back you up on this although I can't offer anything other than DVDs transferred to HDX digital, which will be $2.50 after the 10 title minimum required for the 50% discount. Still not a bad price when you consider the average of $4-5 that merchants are offering them for in the other trade topics.

Either way, if people don't mind the extra $1.50 per title, I don't mind helping people out. I have a collection of over 500+ movies (not to include my TV shows, which I haven't tried converting any yet....) and I know of at least 10 of them I can convert to HDX. Although, please do understand that just because you have the disc, doesn't mean the system will accept it to be converted. I had went through about 20-30 disc to get the 10 that were accepted to be converted but were some good titles none the less

I'm in the process of making a definitive list of the DVDs in my collection that are able to be converted to HDX. Hopefully, should be able to have something by the end of the day, if not sooner. For anyone wondering, these are the 10 in my shopping cart that were accepted:

:dvd: Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls [HDX]

:dvd: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [HDX]

:dvd: Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets [HDX]

:dvd: Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban [HDX]

:dvd: Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire [HDX]

:dvd: Inception [HDX]

:dvd: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [HDX]

:dvd: Men in Black 2 [HDX]

:dvd: Role Models [HDX]

:dvd: Zombieland [HDX]

#30 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

If you do the d2d do you have to send a disc in anywhere?