* * * * * 19 votes

Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Steam

#6841 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10321 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

thelostminer your alt account?  I pictured you as older.

Sleed neep.

#6842 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10460 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

It would be hilarious if someone tried to mod the Asian out of the game though.

I just crank up the contrast and brightness until everyone is a uniform shade of glaring white.

#6843 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8219 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Page_1_http_www_indybay_org_uploads_2010

Aren't xenophobes by definition anti-immigrant? Or is it implying that not all people opposed to open-borders immigration are xenophobes (something I can agree with personally).

Your reviews are like the polar opposite of SecretSquirrel's, but appreciated. Thanks to thelostminer for the laugh as well.

You may be spot-on about him not taking his meds today. From thelostminer's Steam profile ->

you probably know my regular account, haydron, yes i'm haydron, the kid with the problems with the built-in mic in my computer. Im a person who wants to have fun, likes playing games, looking for the next-gen of entertainment, having some great ideas of entertainment, and technology. a creative person, yet something is still missing in my life though i have no clue what. on another note i might possibly have a letsplay channel with a friend of mine on twitch and/or youtube so ill try to show updates on the progress. (:

Info

And from a comment on his profile:

bbk6566 Feb 9 @ 7:52pm 
U know,, i hav a rly depressing stori to tell u all... ok so 1 night i come home from schol and nobides in my house cus the devil came to my hous and took my parnts and i told al my friends on steam and nobody rlly belived me expect lad it was rly sad and then i startd becomin rly edgy and then lad ttok me out of edgyression. thank u based lad, i hav anothr stori for u guys...... ok bar with me here,,, but i met lad in a skiel server and i askd him if he could mentor me and i paid him 3 buds to mentor me at scout and now im rlly good thank u lad

I just crank up the contrast and brightness until everyone is a uniform shade of glaring white.

I was thinking more along the lines of a bad anime dub where all the asian food is hot dogs, hamburgers and pb&js. Completely whitewashed locale/dialogue.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#6844 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13764 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

thelostminer your alt account?  I pictured you as older.

you probably know my regular account, haydron, yes i'm haydron, the kid with the problems with the built-in mic in my computer. Im a person who wants to have fun, likes playing games, looking for the next-gen of entertainment, having some great ideas of entertainment, and technology. a creative person, yet something is still missing in my life though i have no clue what. on another note i might possibly have a letsplay channel with a friend of mine on twitch and/or youtube so ill try to show updates on the progress. (:

It's called a girlfriend.

#6845 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3885 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

n00b. The way to play games is to crank the contrast and brightness all the way down. Or better yet, turn off your monitor.

Once you go black, you never go back.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#6846 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8219 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:36 AM

thelostminer your alt account?  I pictured you as older.<%2

And here I thought that MysterD was the only erroring toaster around here. :-P

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#6847 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10499 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

great, now i have to watch robocop 

You say that like watching Robocop is ever not imperative

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#6848 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5224 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

You say that like watching Robocop is ever not imperative

As long as it's this one

zp91hRF.png

and not this one

jLM4n8g.png

#completelyunnecessaryremakes

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6849 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

As long as it's this one

Spoiler

and not this one

Spoiler

The new Robocop looks more like Cyclops from X-Men.

JZX0f3z.jpg

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#6850 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

But most of my games won't run on Robocopse or Iron Mang.

uLNpWnq.png

#6851 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

As long as it's this one

zp91hRF.png

and not this one

jLM4n8g.png

I wanna know why these originals were remade:

District B13 -> Brick Mansions;

Let the Right One In -> Let Me In.

Girl WIth the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version) -> Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (USA version);

Oldboy (foreign version) -> Oldboy (USA version).

EDIT:

The new Robocop looks more like Cyclops from X-Men.

JZX0f3z.jpg

That Windows version - did EA make that? ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#6852 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Nice retrospective on Eurogamer on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines....

w/ Brian Mitsoda formerly of Troika Games (lead writer on Bloodlines; currently working on indie-game Dead State);

and " Wesp5" Werner Spahl (the maker of his Unofficial Patches for Vampire: Bloodlines, White Gold + The Precursors).

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#6853 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5328 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

I wanna know why these originals were remade:

District B13 -> Brick Mansions;

David Belle is Leito in both. :shock:

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#6854 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

David Belle is Leito in both. :shock:

Yes, I know - but that STILL doesn't mean that an awesome movie needs to be redone, though.

#6855 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10460 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

I tried playing V:tM Bloodlines once and remember it being ugly and clunky, even with the recommended 3rd party patch.  Maybe I should try revisiting it some day since it gets lauded so often but Steam tells me that I only made it 72 minutes in last time.

#6856 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

@Syntax

Bloodlines opens up a bit, after the tutorials. There's A LOT of hand-holding, in the tutorial. Unfortunately - that hand-holding could turn people off. I do think - gamers should give it a chance and get through the tutorial; just like any other game that has a tutorial.

If you dug Deus Ex 1 - stick with it. Just like that game, it does take a little bit to get going; namely, once you get out the tutorial level.

Yes, V:TM-B is a bit clunky, combat-wise - just like Deus Ex 1; especially when compared to modern games. And yes - V:TM-B relies too much on dice-rolls and stat-checks - especially when you're shooting things in the face and getting same amount of damage as if you shot someone in the leg, chest, or anywhere else. But, many of the early mixes of RPG's and FPS's/TPS's were doing this, back then. Hell - even Mass Effect 1 and Alpha Protocol also relied to heavily on stat-checks + dice-rolls, given the way the combat feels (i.e. like a FPS, when shooting things).

Hell - if you don't like the gun-based combat and think that's too clunky, you might wanna focus on melee weapons. Control-wise - that always felt smoother here.

V:TM-B's storytelling, prose, dialogue, writing, narrative, decision-making, licensed music, traditional score music, and voice-acting is superb. This is the real reason to stick w/ the game. If you appreciate that stuff - I suggest you do give it a chance.

Some of my favorite moments in gaming - the final result(s) of the quest-line about The Two Sisters running the Asylum bar and especially the Ocean View Haunted House level - they've come from this game.

EDIT:

Fixed the "hold-handing" and "hand-holding" slip-up.

#6857 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I just finished DA:O - Leilana's Song DLC.

While I did like the DLC (took around 4-5 hours for me, approximately), I'm only disappointed that there wasn't a real song from her. ;) For a bard/rogue, that felt so missing. ;)

Unless I should be counting that credits song... ;)

#6858 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10460 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

RE: V:tM-B

Yeah, I'm sure it gets all the praise for a reason.  I think that a sad fact of gaming is that some games that excel in plot or whatever suffer for graphics and mechanics as they age and it can be a hard hurdle to get back into them if you weren't there when they released and before they aged.  I don't remember specific complaints that turned me off and I'm familiar with and like the White Wolf World of Darkness setting so there should be an immediate hook there (I still own the old 1st ed V:tM source book) but apparently I played 72 minutes of it and moved on.  It probably deserves a second look.

#6859 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4482 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Page_1_http_www_indybay_org_uploads_2010

There is a glaring lack of a meme/gif of Joseph Mccarthy saying "That's Marxist!"  If I knew more about making them, I'd make one.

#6860 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

For those who voted for Battlepillars, you have until tomorrow to reserve your copy:

http://steamcommunit...956360960861165

and for those who didn't read my older posts, yes I'll sort you out if you miss the redemption period.

#6861 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5177 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Daily Deal
Sleeping Dogs - $19.99 $3.99

Damn, any cheaper and it will be in a bundle... 

Live with your OCD or don't. We can not help you.

But we can and WILL mock you if you cave...  Steam Deal or gtfo...  (Actually, not sure if you have redbox or something similar up their but a few bucks to rent on the PS4 would be a fairly savvy move.)

I don't doubt anyone else's experiences but you people have had about a bajillion times more trouble with Uplay than I ever have.

Guessing you're the smart guy who doesn't use it? :)  (In all honesty, I don't use it often but I've never had much issue with it...  partying up in Trials Evolution for MP was horribly done.)

great, now i have to watch robocop 

I got the remastered version on Blu-Ray before the remake came out...  Well, worth it.  and highly recommended.

#6862 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

There's A LOT of hold-handing, in the tutorial. Unfortunately - that hold-handing could turn people off.

wut.

steam | uplay | rockstar | bnet: zenii#1523

#6863 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hmm, Steam summer sale will be pretty soon after Watch Dogs launch. Maybe I should wait after all. Less than 3 months, presumably. :-k

I'm gonna buy Rayman Legends in the sale too.

76561197996799113.png

#6864 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

wut.

Thanks.

Slip-up.

Should read hand-holding.

#6865 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

MysterD dun goofed!

76561197996799113.png

#6866 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Damn, any cheaper and it will be in a bundle... 

Dammit - where the hell is that Squeenix Humble Bundle?

#6867 spoderman  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

u bitches got hold-handed

GUtUP1U.jpg

#6868 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

MysterD dun goofed!

Wouldn't be the first time.

I am a Cylon - we ain't perfect, you know.

EDIT:

u bitches got hold-handed

So, CAG is now turning into a rom-com?

WTH?

#6869 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10460 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hmm, Steam summer sale will be pretty soon after Watch Dogs launch. Maybe I should wait after all. Less than 3 months, presumably. :-k

Assuming it sells well, Steam Summer Sale will be like 15% off on it (20% for the Daily!) or something lame like that.

#6870 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Daily Deal
Don't Starve - $14.99 $5.09

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?