* * * * * 19 votes

Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Steam

#7291 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hm. Well it probably boils down to how well it's written, then. But given that they put the guy who f*cked up the Star Trek franchise at the helm of this, I don't see that prospect boding well for the future of Star Wars

From a parallel universe, Yoda has traveled.  

When nine hundred thirty years old you are, and a different timeline from, look as good you will not.

Excitement.  Adventure.  Continuity.  Hmmph.  A Jedi craves not these things.

My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.  Franchise creates it, makes it grow.  Its profits surround us and bind us.  Luminous characters are we, not this crude screenplay.  You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the set, the director, the intern holding the boom mike, everywhere, yes.

Lens flare.  Lens flare, you must learn lens flare!

The problem with arguing about the new Star Trek movies is that both sides are correct. If only Zack Snyder had directed them, then everyone would be able to agree that they are horrible, and anyone claiming to like them could be quietly eliminated.

Richard Donner's Superman laid the foundation for all superhero flicks.  Tim Burton's Batman films are two of my all-time favorite movies.  I cannot understand how Warner Brothers, who owns these two characters, has fallen so low as to give them both to a hack director like Snyder.  It's like the studio just gave up after Bryan Singer's Supe-reboot, and said "screw it, let's find a director who will work cheap".

Also, is anyone else getting 3-4 random friend requests daily on Steam lately? I have no idea who the hell these people are so I just block em. Never had this issue until the past few weeks, no idea what prompted it.

... have some scraps.

XIKM4-454F0-DICIJ

8ZIYA-9QMV5-KNW4V

FCL9G-F6CZQ-PYRGA

Please don't go.  The lurkers need you.  They look up to you.

#7292 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/gearcrack

Free greenlight game (desura + steam if when greenlit) from WGN again 5000 only.

Go reverse!

#7293 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8205 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Another FREE Game + Deal Roundup

APRIL 30 - CARLMUNDO
FREE Game - GEARCRACK Arena (First 5000 get a copy)

http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/gearcrack/ 
Desura keys will be sent to the first 5000, followed by Steam keys if the game gets greenlit.

Looks like the devs are starting to limit their key batches...

Luckily it's first come-first serve and not some sort of nonsense contest.

Also, the game looks like shit, so I voted no. :-P

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#7294 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

I mean, hell, I could even maybe stomach it if it was promised to pre-orders/day 1 buyers (and available separately after the fact like it is currently).

Just wanted to post that a Child of Light Deluxe Edition (~$27) does exist in certain territories which includes physical media a digital redemption key, some collectables, and the Dark Aurora Customization & Golem's Plight DLC's.

The Light Aurora Customization Pack was offered as a pre-order bonus for both the Steam and physical versions.

Posted Image

#7295 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8205 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Just wanted to post that a Child of Light Deluxe Edition (~$27) does exist in certain territories which includes physical media, some collectables, and the Dark Aurora Customization & Golem's Plight DLC's.

The Light Aurora Customization Pack was offered as a pre-order bonus for both the Steam and physical versions.

That's kinda neat. I more care about Golem's Plight, but at least they offered something. $27 might be a little much, but I'd probably buy it for $20 if it existed here in Americaland.

Edit: Oh shit, it's crossbuy between PS3/PS4/PC, and that artbook is really nice. Okay, I'd pay up to $25. :-P

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#7296 EpicGilgamesh   Let's Put a Smile on That Face CAGiversary!   966 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

EpicGilgamesh

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Has it been confirmed that the Heartbleed is no longer a threat?

aXUM4.gif

#7297 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

That's a good thought but I don't have a single thing on the marketplace right now.

Could be lurkers who want closer access to those "sweet Steam keys" that you have.

Majority of reputable site have already updated.So yes

#7298 spoderman  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Holy shit, I got my Paranormal State steam key in my email just now.. didn't think that was going to happen.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7299 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/gearcrack

Free greenlight game (desura + steam if when greenlit) from WGN again 5000 only.

Go reverse!

I reversed but haven't got my key yet :(

#7300 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Got my Paranormal State key, does this game have cards or should I not bother installing it?

Oh, it does have cards.

76561197996799113.png

#7301 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

As someone who occasionally works on making games as a subset of his wider gaming hobby, I look at this case of DLC this way.

Who's to say, without having played the game, that the golem party member DOES add to the game?  Isn't it possible that it was excised from the plan, along with several other elements, because its inclusion was ultimately unnecessary or a detraction from the story?  But maybe the work pertaining to the golem was far enough along that it could be completed and made an optional inclusion for relatively little additional effort, so it was completed and made available as an option.  That way, when it (possibly) stands out as being a detraction from the flow of the game, it's permissible because the player knows it's not necessarily "supposed" to be part of the plot and flow.

Now just so long as the game doesn't have an NPC come to your camp to sell you on the optional diversion with an in-game link to Bioware's store, no harm done.  Oh, did I become suddenly specific there?  I keep reading about this DLC golem party member, and my mind jumps to one game in particular.

#7302 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm not familiar with Steam, so forgive me if this is a newbie question, but I want to buy a physical copy of a PC game that requires Steam. It's a UK version and I have a US account. How do I go about finding out if it's region-free or restricted? I checked steamdb but it doesn't seem to have that info.

#7303 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I'm not familiar with Steam, so forgive me if this is a newbie question, but I want to buy a physical copy of a PC game that requires Steam. It's a UK version and I have a US account. How do I go about finding out if it's region-free or restricted? I checked steamdb but it doesn't seem to have that info.

So a slip of paper with numbers and letters on it?

#7304 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

What game?

Sleed neep.

#7305 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Finally got Paranormal Poisoned State key. Seems like others did too.

#7306 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Oh nice, been waiting on that one for a while. Heard it was a great TBS.

It is, really. If you liked Masters of Magic, this game is a very close shot.

#7307 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8228 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

I don't think J.J. Abrams is known for explosions as much as he is for bloom and lens flare.

same thing

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#7308 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Holy shit there are 3 games in my library in addition to paranormal state that have cards, that I didn't know about. This is like Xmas morning, w00t!

76561197996799113.png

#7309 spoderman  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Holy shit there are 3 games in my library in addition to paranormal state that have cards, that I didn't know about. This is like Xmas morning, w00t!

You're easy to please

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7310 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

So a slip of paper with numbers and letters on it?

No, I watched an unboxing video to make sure it wasn't that. If it was, I wouldn't buy it.

What game?

Lost Planet 3. It's not available physically in the US so that's why I have to import it.

#7311 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Lost Planet 3.

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

#7312 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6730 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

No, I watched an unboxing video to make sure it wasn't that. If it was, I wouldn't buy it.

Lost Planet 3. It's not available physically in the US so that's why I have to import it.

Lost Planet sucks

#7313 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one in my city with a physical copy for PC, so it's got exoticness going for it. I've already beaten it and while the shooting mechanics are sub par, it's an enjoyable game.

I checked regionlocks.com and it said I should have no problem. Anyone know how reliable that site is?

#7314 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Croixleur Sigma is on Steam now, if you got it from Groupees Build a Doujin they have keys. It's a fun little game, sort of like a Devil May Cry or Dynasty Warriors. You can beat it in 15 minutes if you want to cross one off the backlog, but there's extra weapon types and another character so you might want to play more than once. Plus weeaboo card$.

uLNpWnq.png

#7315 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

LP3 from the UK should be ok.  There is a Eastern Europe restricted version, however.

Though, I'm not sure why you'd want a disc copy for a game that requires Steam.  I hope it's a damned good price.  To each their own.

Edit: Why do you have to import it?  There are sellers on Amazon US that sell it physically.

Sleed neep.

#7316 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Lost Planet sucks

You're free to your opinion but games that suck don't usually get three installments. It's not Raven Squad. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

#7317 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6730 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one in my city with a physical copy for PC, so it's got exoticness going for it. I've already beaten it and while the shooting mechanics are sub par, it's an enjoyable game.

I checked regionlocks.com and it said I should have no problem. Anyone know how reliable that site is?

it sucks

#7318 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

I don't even know what this Children of Light thing you're all up in arms about, but your 6th grader squabble isn't making me want to google it.

Posting this from dreamer's thread from yesterday. There's some good deals here but noone saw them because it didn't have an awesome [PC] at the start of the title.

Note the APR25OFF coupon gives a further 5% off but is single use. There doesn't actually seem to be a $10 minimum, I picked up Just Cause 2 with the 25% off coupon for $3 including tax.

Only looks good to some deal starved fiend on the GatoHilterGaming thread.

Seriously, the movie didn't come out that long ago. Evangelion's been out like 2 decades at least, so spoilers for that is somewhat understandable.

This is how kids conceived while watching Evangelion turn out.  Next time, don't forget to use protection.

photo-303805.png

You people are ricockulous.  We live in a for profit world.  Even term cash grab itself is stupid as anything you pay for is a cash grab.

Scientology is a non-profit....

Also, is anyone else getting 3-4 random friend requests daily on Steam lately? I have no idea who the hell these people are so I just block em. Never had this issue until the past few weeks, no idea what prompted it.

Probably people who can't afford their crazy pills at the end of the month.

Beware smaller sites.  It will remain a threat on those for a long time.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7319 spoderman  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Croixleur Sigma is on Steam now, if you got it from Groupees Build a Doujin they have keys. It's a fun little game, sort of like a Devil May Cry or Dynasty Warriors. You can beat it in 15 minutes if you want to cross one off the backlog, but there's extra weapon types and another character so you might want to play more than once. Plus weeaboo card$.

They're back up on the Desura client too (if you bought IR debut 2). They ran out of keys before.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7320 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

LP3 from the UK should be ok.  There is a Eastern Europe restricted version, however.

Though, I'm not sure why you'd want a disc copy for a game that requires Steam.  I hope it's a damned good price.  To each their own.

Thanks for your help. I want a physical copy because the person I'm giving it to has a shitty Internet connection and can't download the game. You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.