* * * * * 19 votes

Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Steam

#7321 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Richard Donner's Superman laid the foundation for all superhero flicks.  Tim Burton's Batman films are two of my all-time favorite movies.  I cannot understand how Warner Brothers, who owns these two characters, has fallen so low as to give them both to a hack director like Snyder.  It's like the studio just gave up after Bryan Singer's Supe-reboot, and said "screw it, let's find a director who will work cheap".

Warner Bros was looking for a director who A) Hates women, and B) Hates women. That way they can keep saying that a Wonder Woman movie would never work. They can point at all Snyder's movies and say, "Women are just props, man!"

#7322 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

it sucks

You're very articulate.

#7323 spoderman  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for your help. I want a physical copy because the person I'm giving it to has a shitty Internet connection and can't download the game. You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.

You can, but he'd still have to download any updates through Steam..

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7324 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.

Sometimes yes, sometimes yes with a shit-ton of hoops to jump through.

Sleed neep.

#7325 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5604 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

While waiting for Paranormal State, I ended up getting a copy through a Gala bundle. Here's an extra:

YWHAZ-MWATF-G83JI

#7326 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

While waiting for Paranormal State, I ended up getting a copy through a Gala bundle. Here's an extra:

YWHAZ-MWATF-G83JI

Thanks!

• hal likes this

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7327 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

Grid 2 Soundtrack (free)

Credit to Carlmundo.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#7328 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Grid 2 Soundtrack (free)

Credit to Carlmundo.

Thanks. I spent many long nights on that soundtrack.

#7329 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for your help. I want a physical copy because the person I'm giving it to has a shitty Internet connection and can't download the game. You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.

You can, but he'd still have to download any updates through Steam..

If his connection won't allow any connection to Steam at all, he's hosed.  If he can connect for the occasional "authentication check", then he can play it -- but only after it's been patched with whatever updates weren't on the disc.

If your friend is close enough to you to come over to your house, and your own Internet connection is good, here's what I would suggest:

1) Have him come over and log in to his Steam account at your house.

2) Buy him the game (or install it from the disc).

3) Let the game install, register to his account, and download whatever patches are necessary.

4) Use the "Back up games" function to save LP3 to compressed files.

5) Copy those compressed files to a thumbdrive or DVD or portable HDD -- something he can take home with him.

6) Make sure he logs out of his Steam account before leaving.

7) When he gets home, he logs into Steam, and then uses the "Restore games" function to install the game from the compressed files.

8) Tell Steam not to download any more updates for the game.

9) After starting the game once, he should be able to put Steam into offline mode and play it from there.  (Steam sometimes ignores the "do not download" setting, so playing offline ensures that no additional patches will get installed.)

#7330 spoderman  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

If his connection won't allow any connection to Steam at all, he's hosed.  If he can connect for the occasional "authentication check", then he can play it -- but only after it's been patched with whatever updates weren't on the disc.

If your friend is close enough to you to come over to your house, and your own Internet connection is good, here's what I would suggest:

1) Have him come over and log in to his Steam account at your house.

2) Buy him the game (or install it from the disc).

3) Let the game install, register to his account, and download whatever patches are necessary.

4) Use the "Back up games" function to save LP3 to compressed files.

5) Copy those compressed files to a thumbdrive or DVD or portable HDD -- something he can take home with him.

6) Make sure he logs out of his Steam account before leaving.

7) When he gets home, he logs into Steam, and then uses the "Restore games" function to install the game from the compressed files.

8) Tell Steam not to download any more updates for the game.

9) After starting the game once, he should be able to put Steam into offline mode and play it from there.  (Steam sometimes ignores the "do not download" setting, so playing offline ensures that no additional patches will get installed.)

I really doubt Lost Planet 3 is worth all of that effort though..

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7331 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Well, I was going to say that it probably doesn't have much in the way of updates outside of minor bug fixes.

#7332 spoderman  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

So.. the lamest cash grab I've noticed today is this.

The differences seem to be commentary, achievements, steam cloud, soundtrack, and trading cards.. all of which could've been patched into the original game.

I bet they didn't even fix any of the bugs that were in the original.. This is just pathetic.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7333 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Got my Paranormal State key, does this game have cards or should I not bother installing it?

Oh, it does have cards.

Thanks for thinking aloud again! 

You're easy to please

No kidding, I didn't even have to buy him dinner.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7334 laneroo   kitty kitty spank spank CAGiversary!   590 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

I regret looking at the Steam/Origin/Desura BTS thread..

I can't unsee the $6 Prison Architect  :cry:

#7335 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (50% off at $4.99) is free if you own both Serious Sam Classic games.

The game is in Early Access but it comes with Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter.

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#7336 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

I dont think we need anymore Serious Sam games. pls go Sam

Now Playing:  :3ds: Shovel Knight, Zelda: ALBW, Kirby Triple Deluxe    :ps3: RE5 Gold, Mafia II, Bayonetta, RE4   :ps4: GTA V 

:xb1: Watch_Dogs, Evil Within, Sleeping Dogs, Dead Rising 3, Shadow Warrior, Far Cry 4, Alien, Halo MCC  

:wiiu: Shovel Knight NG+, RE Revelations, Darksiders II, Batman Arkham Origins, Shantae & The Pirate's Curse, Captain Toad, Bayo 2, Ducktales Remastered

solidSNAKE231989.png

768817.png

#7337 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (50% off at $4.99) is free if you own both Serious Sam Classic games.

The game is in Early Access but it comes with Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter.

I have the HD versions but no classics.

*looks the classics up on Steam*

Yikes!  Why are the classic games so expensive?!?!?!

#7338 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20208 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thanks, but what is the difference between this and Serious Sam 1 and 2 HD?

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#7339 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

I've run into the first game I'm not willing to install for cards... Red Orchestra 2 22GB download. :cry:

76561197996799113.png

#7340 Fatality   Fear Is a Liar CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I've run into the first game I'm not willing to install for cards... Red Orchestra 2 22GB download. :cry:

sam  

#7341 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for thinking aloud again! 

tumblr_n1ef7y7HFU1s749oio3_500.gif

76561197996799113.png

#7342 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

sam 

photo-29209.png?_r=0

76561197996799113.png

#7343 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

tumblr_n1ef7y7HFU1s749oio3_500.gif

IXIR9oF.gif

#7344 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Croixleur Sigma is on Steam now, if you got it from Groupees Build a Doujin they have keys. It's a fun little game, sort of like a Devil May Cry or Dynasty Warriors. You can beat it in 15 minutes if you want to cross one off the backlog, but there's extra weapon types and another character so you might want to play more than once. Plus weeaboo card$.

You forgot to mention that it also gives Playfire Rewards as of today as well. :-P

Available until Tuesday 6 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

We will add more rewards for BloodRayne and Croixleur when we have access to the achievements.

• BloodRayne Betrayal - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Child of Light - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Croixleur Sigma - play for the first time - £0.10

You're free to your opinion but games that suck don't usually get three installments. It's not Raven Squad. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Well, yeah. A game can have a good first and second game, and a terrible third game. But, I'm sure there are SOME bad games that got two sequels, probably a licensed game series.

I enjoyed LP1, LP2 was okay from what I remember, but LP3 was hot trash is what I think people are saying. And I'm inclined to agree.

This is how kids conceived while watching Evangelion turn out.  Next time, don't forget to use protection.

photo-303805.png

*ahem*

Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Shin Seiki Evangerion?, literally "Gospel of a New Century"), commonly referred to as NGE, Evangelion or Eva, is a Japanese science-fantasy mecha dystopia genre animation series that first aired from October 1995 to March 1996.

BobbyTastic's birthday -> Dec 1990

Gonna have to take offense to you calling me 17 - 19 years old, possibly even younger as my parents do not know Japanese.

And for reminding me that I know the day I was conceived, and how disgusting knowing that is. :wall:

I regret looking at the Steam/Origin/Desura BTS thread..

I can't unsee the $6 Prison Architect  :cry:

Yup, it's tempting me too.

Looks like you can't buy the Classics separately any more either. That's okay, they were overpriced to begin with.

Serious Sam sale going on, I only have XXL. Hmm, to buy a Serious Sam bundle off of SteamTrades, or to try and get a cheap price on the Sam collection?

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#7345 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

I know right... I mean used cars cost less... but an old ass 1957 gullwing is totally out of my reach.

Weird... well is says I already own it but it's not in my account details.  (I properly qualify, owning all SS on steam.)

sam  

Pirate!

#7346 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

I pressume most CAGS who own the classic games, bought it from the Serious Sam Humble Weekly or Indie Royale.

Thanks, but what is the difference between this and Serious Sam 1 and 2 HD?

Due to gamespy shutdown, you can't play the original multiplayer online anymore and they added steamworks to 

Revolution.

According to the store page on future updates:

• A brand new campaign with new and exciting enemies, environments and a special ending boss! 
  • The beloved Plasmagun and Minelayer from the Warped mod! 
  • Even more new and refined gamemodes! 
  • Even moooooore achievements, and icons for them! 
  • A fully featured scripting engine for advanced mod creation! 
  • More OpenGL shader integration like post processing and more! 
  • More versus maps and fixes to the current ones based on user feedback! 
  • For modders, we'll be adding a set of tutorial maps to showcase the new features we've added to the engine! 
  • Steam Trading Cards!

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#7347 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

I know right... I mean used cars cost less... but an old ass 1957 gullwing is totally out of my reach.

And it's not even digital!

#7348 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Gonna have to take offense to you calling me 17 - 19 years old, possibly even younger as my parents do not know Japanese.

And for reminding me that I know the day I was conceived, and how disgusting knowing that is. :wall:

You're young, enjoy it while it lasts.  I hated my 20's.  Though, I was in better physical shape than I am now.

I was conceived as a birthday accident surprise for my mom.  Sex...it's kind of a natural (or unnatural if you're into those sorts of things) thing, deal with it..  

Sleed neep.

#7349 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Shin Seiki Evangerion?, literally "Gospel of a New Century"), commonly referred to as NGE, Evangelion or Eva, is a Japanese science-fantasy mecha dystopia genre animation series that first aired from October 1995 to March 1996.

BobbyTastic's birthday -> Dec 1990

And for reminding me that I know the day I was conceived, and how disgusting knowing that is. [self-loathing smiley redacted]

Oh, so you were conceived during the original run of Ranma 1/2...

#7350 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

A friend of mine wouldn't speak to me for a little while after I pointed out that she and her sister, who have birthdays just a few days apart, were born almost exactly 9 months after their dad's birthday.