* * * * * 19 votes

Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Steam

#12751 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

As one of the few druggists on this forum, let me just say, your local governments need to increase the level of antidepressants and benzos in your water supply.

Sober people take life way too seriously.

#12752 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

I had a crazy ass online relationship, then she online dumped me cause her ex proposed to her, what a bitch. I thought online relationships were stupid, then I found myself in one. I should have listened to myself, they are stupid.

Back in undergrad one of my friends was in an online relationship with a guy in Calgary.  She ended up leaving school and emigrating to Canada to be with him.  I think they broke up within a couple of years, but she's still living in Canada last I heard.

Sorry dude. I tried, but I have no idea. The only one I can make out though is the yellow and black one, the other ones are too hard for me to see.

I can make them out.  I just don't know what they are.  I'm going to guess they aren't generally available near me.

My condolences dude. I actually can relate to that a

Back just before I started undergrad I tried getting together with a girl who just started working at the place I'd been working at.  We went on a date, but she was interested in someone else and said she didn't want a relationship.  That changed with another date, though.  Of course, by then I had gone off to college, so we ended up starting out with seeing each other some weekends while talking on the phone a lot.  (It was 1994.  She had no internet yet.)  Later she was off to college and I was back home, then I ended up at a college in the same town where her college was.  Finally I moved a couple of states away for grad school while still in a relationship with her and we did the online/phone thing for a year.  It worked out, though.  She moved down with me after a year, we got married a year later, and now we've been married for almost fourteen years.

But that one relationship had the "I like you but I'm interested in someone else thing" and was a long-distance relationship both pre-internet and internet stretches.  It wasn't a relationship that started online, however.  It started in person.  I don't doubt that makes a huge difference.  I do have some good friends that I've met online; a couple of them actually from pre-internet BBSs.

#12753 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

When the hell did this place turn into eHarmony? The only relationship talk we need to be hearing is about waifu.

#12754 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8842 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

You could have just asked me.

s-JON-STEWART-DICK-MOVE-OF-THE-WEEK-larg

It's from Bones (tv crime-comedy drama).  I wasn't sure how many people would get a Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs) pic.

A -lot- more people would've gotten a Silence of the Lambs joke since it's an older film and there's a bigger chance of people having seen that than a random episode of Bones (which isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I watch the show and didn't get the reference.) Just post a gif of Bill dancing or something.

The quality of the picture led me to believe that it was from one of those videos where people get mutilated or worse.

Was reporting the post a dick move? Maybe, but not everyone is okay with that sort of images, real or not, and it was the fastest way to get it off the page. It wasn't anything personal, I just wanted it off the thread, fast.

---

About the other topic at hand: I don't believe in online / long distance relationships. A lot of things can go and usually will go wrong with those. A couple should interact with each other to get to know their personal quirks because you might not know if the other person will be compatible enough for you to be with - in terms of personality, hobbies, attitude, habits, etc.

I do know people who've been lucky and gotten great relationships from them... but they're fairly rare. Most I've seen have gone very badly.

#12755 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6275 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Sober people take life way too seriously.

Depends on how sober we're talking. My experience with drugs is pretty well limited to ritalin and adderall (use as prescribed) when I was a kid. (This is mostly due to a weird/sensitive sense of taste and smell—I don't even like coffee, tea, or soda, so I'm even caffeine-free.) My life of virtually total sobriety has left me completely insane to compensate.

#12756 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21406 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

I didn't say it was terrible, but I still don't think its as good as it is in SoD. From our talks about SoD, you didn't play very far yourself. Ammo can be fairly scarce in SoD depending on how you handle things and set up outposts. Backpacks hold limited items and weight, and you can't stack ammo very high per backpack slot. When a horde comes down on you and you start needing to shoot, you will burn through ammo so fast it's crazy. Not to mention that gun use can sometimes spell yoir fate in SoD, as certain powerful guns make a lot of noise, and draw MORE zombies to your position. That's how I got my one and only death in my game, when an underequipped survivor with low HP and low skills got jumped by a feral close to base. Couldn't escape, had to try to shoot my way out with a slow loading gun I didnt expect to use, and the gunfire drew too big of a horde combined with the feral, and munch munch, there's the death acheivement.

I don't mean any offense to Infestation, but it's really not fair to compare the two games to be honest.

But you just described Infestation! That's why I don't think you can really speak to it because everything you said (from limited backpack slots to noise drawing more zombies to you) are the same issues you face in Infestation with guns, except that there is NO ammo to be found there outside of the one already loaded in whatever gun you found.  The games ARE both about zombies and survival so it is fair to compare them both.  That and Indef was only saying he had more fun in Infestation.  

#12757 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6197 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

I don't think most people read those things honestly. I think the masses will just see cheap game and not realize there's a new improved uber deluxe version that you have to pay for separately coming out soon. To me this is more or less like a game going on sale just before they know it's coming out in a bundle. A last ditch attempt to make some extra money before putting the game on sale will be pretty much worthless.

Then again Stardock still keeps putting Fallen Enchantress on sale even though Legendary Heroes is out so who knows maybe they'll find some more clueless people to pawn customers to sell those old versions to even after the new ones come out.

I think most of those masses you talk about will likely just be happy with the game...  Hell, most of the masses play the games they buy.

As for it being a last ditch effort to get some extra money before the game becomes worthless...  A) I don't agree with it becoming worthless...  By your estimation on newer being better means Doom 3 is worthless because of Doom BFG, and that CoD 4 is worthless because of Call of Duty: Ghost, etc.  Newer means just that...  Its newer.  Its not synonymous with better.  B) Ah, what's wrong with a company making money?  

Anyhow, I would have gotten Last Light on this sale by now if I could get fucking steamtrades to work...  Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've never used it before but I cannot sign in via steam (page never loads) and there doesn't seem to be another way to register.  

#12758 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Vault Boy thinks that bachelor weekend is going well:

14130482808_37d903ac97.jpg

Edit: free copy of contagion to any regular that can name the 3 beers Vault Boy has consumed

Ok, too hard. Just name the breweries. 2 of 3 are NC breweries, while the third is known nationwide.

#12759 - Glenn -  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

So with all this talk of infestation & private servers my question is this:  do you have to rent these servers, or can you set one up permanently for when you and a few friends want to jump in & play without worrying about griefers?  If it's the latter, I may give it a shot.  If it's the former, I am sure my money is better spent elsewhere...

#12760 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8842 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

And RE: Drugs...

I've seen enough of my childhood friends turn into toothless skeletons with skin on top. I'll stick to caffeine.

#12761 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21406 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

So with all this talk of infestation & private servers my question is this:  do you have to rent these servers, or can you set one up permanently for when you and a few friends want to jump in & play without worrying about griefers?  If it's the latter, I may give it a shot.  If it's the former, I am sure my money is better spent elsewhere...

You have to rent them and they are too expensive so save your money.  

On another note, Groupees has Ampu-Tea and Manhunter keys up and Ampu-Tea has cards that are currently still decently priced. 

#12762 - Glenn -  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

You have to rent them and they are too expensive so save your money.  

Well!  That settles that then!  I can safely ignore all other Infestation posts!  Thanks. 

#12763 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21406 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well!  That settles that then!  I can safely ignore all other Infestation posts!  Thanks. 

Yeah, I have to see if I can find a survival game with free private servers.  I haven't tried Rust so if they have that, then that will put them over the edge.  The Forest is single player only.  Stomping Ground is MP.  I need to look into 7 Days to Die more to see if it has any MP. 

#12764 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1933 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Arma 2 CO with DayZ mod, you can run your own server.

#12765 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I have to see if I can find a survival game with free private servers. I haven't tried Rust so if they have that, then that will put them over the edge. The Forest is single player only. Stomping Ground is MP. I need to look into 7 Days to Die more to see if it has any MP.

Rust doesn't have private servers yet, but they plan on implementing it. 7 Days to Die is coop only I believe, but should allow running a listen server. Not 100% sure on that one though.

#12766 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

I do know people who've been lucky and gotten great relationships from them... but they're fairly rare. Most I've seen have gone very badly.

So you're saying they're just like real life relationships. :razz:

#12767 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   5030 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Goat Simulator is about to drop a free upgrade patch which includes a new map, new goats, more achievements and local split screen multi-player.

Sounds udderly awesome

IGN trying the update here

#12768 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21406 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Arma 2 CO with DayZ mod, you can run your own server.

I should install that again.  It is the original.  

Rust doesn't have private servers yet, but they plan on implementing it. 7 Days to Die is coop only I believe, but should allow running a listen server. Not 100% sure on that one though.

Good to know.  Free private servers would put Rust back at the top of my buy list.  

Goat Simulator is about to drop a free upgrade patch which includes a new map, new goats, more achievements and local split screen multi-player.

Sounds udderly awesome

IGN trying the update here

Just when I thought I was done with my addiction, they have to go and pull me back in!

#12769 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10175 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Could be 5 dollars, no doubting that.  but its never been lower...  Its been this price before but that was without all the DLC.

Really its not a bad deal for someone interested in the game whose PC sucks a bit too much to run redux... (Like me.)

The Complete version has been $8 at Humble Store during the first day of the Spring Sale, iirc. That's what I meant by lower.

How many drugs was everybody on last night?

Just alcohol like MysterD.

Mirc and icq gets no love here. :(

MIRC was too dead by the time I found it. Never really used ICQ, but was always under the impression it was mostly for foreigners based on the little experience I had with it.

Ahh, ok, that makes me feel a bit better it, I guess.  I used to watch bones, but stopped around the time the artist (angela?) & the millionaire got together.  I probably would have recognized anything from Silence of the Lambs or even the new Hannibal show - but I didn't even know people still watched Bones. ;p

--------

So... if both people are at "the same place mentally" in the relationship then these things can work out.. if not one of them will get hurt.  Either way, sooner of later that relationship has to jump from online to RL, and you have to click IRL as well, otherwise you're both just spining your wheels.

Yeah, I would have spotted it easily if it had anything to do with the Hannibal films/show. Never got into Bones, was always one of those procedurals that bored me (feel the same way about CSI too).

+1 to everything in bold. Very good advice. And congrats on beating the odds, you're very lucky.

So, bleh.

You definitely need one of these. :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about what happened. Sounds pretty rough.

Hopefully you can get back on the horse someday.

When the hell did this place turn into eHarmony? The only relationship talk we need to be hearing is about waifu.

I think it's because enough of us have opened up about it, that nobody's really embarrassed or singled out by sharing their experiences. Providing a rare opportunity to talk about something you might usually be too hesitant to talk about.

By the way, those two haikus by Jonny are pretty funny. Are those the best ones?

Have you ever managed to get lucky in Groupees chat?

Serious question.

I've gotten "lucky" in stranger places. I met my baby mama 6 years ago in a Chatango for a detective show anime.

#12770 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Daily Deal

Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

#12771 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

And RE: Drugs...

I've seen enough of my childhood friends turn into toothless skeletons with skin on top. I'll stick to caffeine.

I've seen too many of my childhood friends turn into caffeine junkies who act like mindless zombies until they get their fix that I'm staying the hell away from that drug.

#12772 sch0oldaze   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Ok, too hard. Just name the breweries. 2 of 3 are NC breweries, while the third is known nationwide.

How about we pretend I told them to you through a PM and you hook a brotha up.  I don't drink so honestly I have no clue, and just kidding about hooking me up that would not be fair to someone who is diligently looking them up right now.

#12773 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8839 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

I've seen too many of my childhood friends turn into caffeine junkies who act like mindless zombies until they get their fix that I'm staying the hell away from that drug.

caffeine is addictive as hell. waking up everyday with a massive headache til i get black tea or coffee in me is a bitch

#12774 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

I should install that again. It is the original.

Good to know. Free private servers would put Rust back at the top of my buy list.

Just when I thought I was done with my addiction, they have to go and pull me back in!

Honestly, Rust is pretty boring on low population servers. The environment provides no challenge, so the only fun to be had is from other players.

How about we pretend I told them to you through a PM and you hook a brotha up. I don't drink so honestly I have no clue, and just kidding about hooking me up that would not be fair to someone who is diligently looking them up right now.

No handouts for not working here! What do I look like? The US govt?

#12775 CarnivalMadness   silent but deadly CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

CarnivalMadness

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Gamefly continues its Summer Sale for up to 75% off, and runs until 6/9.

Day 3 Flash Deals (End 6/2)Summer Sale Deals (End 6/9) 

Day 2 Flash Deals (End 6/1) 
Day 1 Flash Deals (End 5/31) 

Games activate on Steam unless otherwise noted.  Check DRM on product page.

Use coupon code JUN15OFF for an additional 15% off at checkout. (UKJUN15OFF for UK customers.)

#12776 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

By the way, those two haikus by Jonny are pretty funny. Are those the best ones?

Here are the rest of them. Now you don't need to buy the Groupees Community bundle since that was the main draw. And actually, looking at the rest of the lineup that just might be true.

Also, apparently there's some internet drama between Groupees and Blink Bundle. How did I miss that?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

PS - Tinypic made me watch tampon commercials before it would let me upload some of these. You're welcome.

#12777 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10175 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Sweet. Looks like I lucked out, I have a close friend in NC who frequents local breweries.

The one with Clint Eastwood on it is from Lonerider Brewery in Raleigh. Will get back to you with the others.

Edit: Okay some of those are pretty funny.

Not bad for haikus he pulled out of his ass.

What's the drama with Blink? Did Jonny say something mean about Casey? :whee:

#12778 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

A -lot- more people would've gotten a Silence of the Lambs joke since it's an older film and there's a bigger chance of people having seen that than a random episode of Bones (which isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I watch the show and didn't get the reference.) Just post a gif of Bill dancing or something.

The quality of the picture led me to believe that it was from one of those videos where people get mutilated or worse.

Was reporting the post a dick move? Maybe, but not everyone is okay with that sort of images, real or not, and it was the fastest way to get it off the page. It wasn't anything personal, I just wanted it off the thread, fast.

The issue with reporting is that the mods often take a nuke it from orbit approach to the thread when they swoop in.  We got lucky this time.

a948f5e36da222b4f031851543b68384.jpg

#12779 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

PS - Tinypic made me watch tampon commercials before it would let me upload some of these. You're welcome.

LOL

I like http://postimage.org/ for it's simple interface.  I've never seen ads there (but I run AdBlock....)

#12780 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

The issue with reporting is that the mods often take a nuke it from orbit approach to the thread when they swoop in.  We got lucky this time.

Yes this. The mods here, well let's just say they don't spend time and effort to look into things and tend to get a a wee bit overzealous. If you call them to remove one post, you may end up with pages of posts gone.

LOL

I like http://postimage.org/ for it's simple interface.  I've never seen ads there (but I run AdBlock....)

I'll have to try that because the alternative is

2ly0unb.jpg