* * * * * 2 votes

Reason for User Ban

#91 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   44527 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

But as you can see, even when directly addressed and asked questions, Cheapy and the mods have completely ignored just about every comment here. The system sucks and it isn't going to change.

If that's your view on the situation, why stay around the site any longer?  It's obvious you have issue with the situation and as you don't seem to be getting any satisfaction, why stay and complain about it any longer?

#92 cyrus386  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

If that's your view on the situation, why stay around the site any longer?  It's obvious you have issue with the situation and as you don't seem to be getting any satisfaction, why stay and complain about it any longer?

For the community, obviously.  You can't find this group of people just anywhere.

#93 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

I was replying to Reds303. I've more or less accepted how things are here. It's lame, it sucks, but that's how it is and how it's going to stay. When I'm making posts like that I'm more just painting an accurate picture of  things to someone who's asking or talking about the state of things, rather than complaining.

And yeah, just because the system sucks doesn't mean I don't enjoy the community. Am I getting any satisfaction with the modding system? No, not at all. It's negatively affected me, and it's taken waiting and Cheapy's intervention to reverse every wrongful action against me, and it's also resulted in people I know getting wrongfully silenced and banned as well. Do I get satisfaction from certain parts of the community here? Absolutely.

Just because the system sucks doesn't mean I have to pack my bags and go. I have friends here and I even enjoy the discussions with some people who aren't my friends. I actually did leave for awhile when I was fed up with the nonsense (the second time Trakan silenced me totally out of nowhere for no reason), but I came back for the community.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#94 Reds303  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

I should repeat that I'm not trying to step on any toes here, but I think that you took his reply wrong. Most of us that use CAG are happy here, and there is really no other site like it on the internet in my opinion. Open and transparent discussion is healthy for the site at any rate, even if us users don't agree with something, it does not mean that we dislike CAG or the community at all.

#95 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

I should repeat that I'm not trying to step on any toes here, but I think that you took his reply wrong. Most of us that use CAG are happy here, and there is really no other site like it on the internet in my opinion. Open and transparent discussion is healthy for the site at any rate, even if us users don't agree with something, it does not mean that we dislike CAG or the community at all.

Absolutely. I don't hate the community nor do I hate the idea behind the site. The only thing I've ever spoken badly of is the moderating, and even then, I haven't simply badmouthed it and "complained", I've given a lot of reasonable suggestions and criticism to making things better.

But if those comments are all one and the same to the moderators and Cheapy, and ignored all the same, there's not much point.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#96 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2192 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

This site seems pretty laid back IMHO. And if I get banned I'll just go somewhere else. There are plenty of forums in the sea. 

Hell, I was banned from another forum just today for PG-13 stuff. It's not the end of the world.