The Tenth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Sign-ups Open Until March 20 @ 12:15 PM ET

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Note: If you do not wish to give your cell number to Yahoo for SMS ads, this guide offers an alternate method of verification to join.

The First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Annual March Madness contests have gone very well with all of them going down to the wire in determining the winners. I've got a few games to add to the prize pool right now and will be adding more before signups are over, though I would love to have some donated games from generous CAGs to help add to the pool. I'd prefer new, sealed games, but would accept opened games as long as they're mint and complete, [customspoiler='Spoiler']meaning that they look like they've only had the plastic ripped off with little to no scratches on the disc.[/customspoiler] If you'd like to donate games, please PM me. This contest will be conducted through Yahoo's Tourney Pick-'em set-up, which streamlines the process and just lets everyone worry about their picks. You can find the quick link to the group here.

Current Prize Pool

The Amazing Spider-Man - DVD - FriskyTanuki

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - Wii U - FriskyTanuki

Crysis 2 - Xbox 360 - Sealed - laundrymatt

Darksiders II - Xbox 360 - FriskyTanuki

Dishonored - Xbox 360 - FriskyTanuki

Gran Turismo 5 XL - PS3 - FriskyTanuki

Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest - PS3/Move - FriskyTanuki

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - PS3 (German w/English) - FriskyTanuki

Sports Champions 2 - PS3/Move - FriskyTanuki

Star Trek - Xbox 360 - FriskyTanuki

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U - FriskyTanuki

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 20.

Entry Guide: Just head to here to create your bracket and then go here and enter the group ID# (8431) and password (shipwreck) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or Yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you.

If I see people who haven't done this the Wednesday night before the tournament starts (March 20), you will be booted. I will have a list of everyone involved, so you have to be on the list to be eligible to win. I will make a check on the list to line up everyone the night before tipoff and boot anyone I cannot link to a CAG username, so you will have a chance to get back in if you let me know who you are. I will make the final sweep just before tipoff and kick any stragglers left on the list. I thought I didn't need to say this, but only one bracket is allowed per CAG. If I catch anybody with two brackets, both will be kicked out if they do not remove one of them.

Two years ago, Yahoo started allowing people to join groups after the tipoff, so I will be changing the password when tipoff happens to prevent late joiners from crashing the party. I would also prefer that those entering the contest be from the United States and Canada to minimize shipping costs and the chances of shipment errors. I also have the ability to alter the rules if other changes to Yahoo's Tourney rules have been made that interfere with the ones for the contest. The group can hold up to 500 people, so I think we'll have enough for anyone that wants to join. If we do reach that total, I'll create a new group for the rest of the CAGs that want to enter.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes there are, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left. Any donators that win will be barred from choosing their own prizes.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here. Good luck to everyone that enters.

Also, keep your posts civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to repeat this year, fellers! MY TITLE IS UP FOR ALL CHALLENGERS.

I'm Max Overstreet, and my bracket name is El Snaxwell's Bracket. 

I'm really bummed, looked forward to doing this for quite a while now, but apparently my Iphone 3gs can't run the app...

Added a new prize to the pool. Let's keep the entries coming.

What's with Yahoo now requiring you to agree to receive marketing text messages to join this year.
I don't believe there's anything like that to make a bracket. There is something like that to sign up for that $1 billion contest, but that's not part of the sign-up process.

Added a new prize to the pool. Let's keep the entries coming.

I don't believe there's anything like that to make a bracket. There is something like that to sign up for that $1 billion contest, but that's not part of the sign-up process.
It asks for it when I try to join your group id.

Just tried again clicking through the group id link:

By clicking Send SMS, I have reviewed and agree to the E-SIGN Terms
and authorize Yahoo to send me automated, marketing text messages.
I understand no purchase is required (see Terms).

It asks for it when I try to join your group id.

Just tried again clicking through the group id link:

By clicking Send SMS, I have reviewed and agree to the E-SIGN Terms
and authorize Yahoo to send me automated, marketing text messages.
I understand no purchase is required (see Terms).
That's really disappointing since I didn't have anything like this when I created the pool, but after some googling, I found an alternate method of entry where they just call you with a code instead that is at least less annoying:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/tourney-pickem/SLN23346.html

I'll have to reconsider using Yahoo for next year's contest.

OK was able to join - I'll be using the name ilRadd's Madness

Hopefully I will do better than last year...if I remember correctly, I kind of stunk up the place.

Joined. Bracket is same as username, cgw1710.

2013- 48th out of 116

2012- 10th out of 114
2011- 5th out of 141
2009- 21st out of 165
2008- 128th out of 145 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if I can have them call my cellphone with a code rather than signing up for their text messaging?

That's really disappointing since I didn't have anything like this when I created the pool, but after some googling, I found an alternate method of entry where they just call you with a code instead that is at least less annoying:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/tourney-pickem/SLN23346.html

I'll have to reconsider using Yahoo for next year's contest.

bread's done
Back