Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

dvgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/april-cover-revealed-2014-1039752374.aspx?utm_content=bufferd6e1e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The developer that made Arkham a household name is back. Rocksteady Studios' Arkham Asylum innovated with the freeflow combat system and stalking gameplay in 2009, and the team blew it all out to an open world in 2011's Arkham City. Rocksteady is hoping to raise the bar even higher on what will be its final Arkham game. Set after the events of Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Knight may just end the Dark Knight's journey.

As you've probably guessed from the cover imagery, the Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman's gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.

Arkham Knight will release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

No tacked on multiplayer

Kevin Conroy will be Batman

Set 1 year after Arkham City, will take place in part of Gotham City which is about 5x bigger than Arkham City.

You'll be able to drive the bat mobile around the city, some Riddler challenges will require it.

Arkham Knight is suppose to represent a militarized version of Batman who will be one of the villians. Other villians include Penguin, Two Face, and Harley Quinn

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/arkham-knight-has-no-multiplayer-kevin-conroy-returns-as-batman

Last edited by a moderator:
So jazzed for this and glad to see Rocksteady return to the franchise for one last story.  Origins was decent, but ultimately was a disappointment.  I am surprised it is coming this year, but at least there is another reason for me to invest in an X1 this fall.

So jazzed for this and glad to see Rocksteady return to the franchise for one last story. Origins was decent, but ultimately was a disappointment. I am surprised it is coming this year, but at least there is another reason for me to invest in an X1 this fall.
They have been working on it since Arkham City.... seems like enough time, it will be almost two years in development.

Too damn soon.  They should have skipped Origin and just let this one be a follow up.  Can't say I'm excited at all.

Congrats Rocksteady, for you will likely be the ones responsible for making me upgrade at last. Currently the only games announced for the new systems that I would upgrade for are Dragon Age 3 and this and the first is getting a current console release but it looks like this isn't.

Stoked they are doing this so they can finally do Beyond. WB Studios will still be there to give us original setting Arkham games as well as spinoffd (Suicide Squad evidenced by credits in Origins) so everyone wins.

I am disappointed that this isn't a PS3/360 game since that will make up a real trilogy. There are people saying that the new tech won't hobble this game because more power means more of Gotham City to explore. However, Arkham Knight better include a lot things to do instead of merely just beating up thugs/gunmen, collecting Riddler trophies, and doing physical challenges. If the PS4 and Xbox One can do so much more, why the hell are Western games so devoted to just gunning toward the end of the story? With this supposedly better tech, I want to play as Batman in Gotham City in the daylight or nighttime AND I want to be able to do a variety of things like interact with NPC citizenry, eat, drink, race and whatnot. Hell, why not have a mission where Alfred goes to town?

More info came out, might have heard already, but to those that haven't..

No tacked on multiplayer

Set 1 year after Arkham City, will take place in part of Gotham City which is about 5x bigger than Arkham City.

You'll be able to drive the bat mobile around the city, some Riddler challenges will require it. 

Arkham Knight is suppose to represent a militarized version of Batman who will be one of the villians. Other villians include Penguin, Two Face, and Harley Quinn

Hoping for Man-Bat, Red Hood, and Prometheus this time around. Mr. Freeze's story was kinda concluded in City and he's getting his own DLC in Origins so I don't think he'll be used again. Ivy would be nice again too.

They should just go ahead a make a cgi movie. The games are a bit played out at this point.
You shut your whore mouth! About th games being played out. They're some of the best games ever made.

I'm calling this new Batman villain as Red Hood. The guy has a military version of the Batsuit and has Batman's skills.

They're gonna bring back all the villains. Including Freeze, Bane, and I'm guessing The Joker. I know they said he's dead, but I'm still saying it.

They can have 50 enemies on screen and there's more polygons in the Batmobile than a whole area of Arkham Asylum. Plus Gotham will be 5x the size of previous games.

So stoked.

Beyond excited for this. I know a lot of people are gonna complain about the quick turnaround between this and Origins, but I've been anxiously awaiting Rocksteady's next entry. Origins was ok, but it just felt like a larger Arkham City. Hopefully, Rocksteady will do it right and actually bring Gotham to life.

Batman: More of the Exact Same... Nah, I'm happy for the fans of this series, it looks like a pretty slick game. Wish I could be excited for it too, but by the end of City I was just bored and tired of it, especially the combat. City was a big comedown from Asylum for me. I was hoping for something different from this game, like a Justice League team-up maybe. Get some Superman and Wonder Woman gameplay up in here. Something like that would have brought me back.

I am disappointed that this isn't a PS3/360 game since that will make up a real trilogy. There are people saying that the new tech won't hobble this game because more power means more of Gotham City to explore. However, Arkham Knight better include a lot things to do instead of merely just beating up thugs/gunmen, collecting Riddler trophies, and doing physical challenges. If the PS4 and Xbox One can do so much more, why the hell are Western games so devoted to just gunning toward the end of the story? With this supposedly better tech, I want to play as Batman in Gotham City in the daylight or nighttime AND I want to be able to do a variety of things like interact with NPC citizenry, eat, drink, race and whatnot. Hell, why not have a mission where Alfred goes to town?
You must not actually be a Batman fan... Batman does not do daylight. And to the citizenry part, looks like Gotham will be abandoned per the trailer and everyone evacuating. You get the Batmobile, that is an upgrade. I will wait for a gameplay trailer to write this game off and what next gen will bring. All I can say is I am super stoked for this!

Day one purchase for me. Love Rocksteady and their games. Origins was a disappointment but I can easily wipe that from my memory...this will be a fantastic game!

This is a game that will get me to go Next Gen.  The one I've been waiting for.  Hope the XBOne drops a little by then, the wife wants to do some of that fitness stuff with Shaun T and Tony Horton so it will help that she buys into the idea.  I also liked Origins quite a bit, never really got the hate on it, yeah it was just Arkham City Remix with a new story, but as much as I loved Arkham City that's fine by me, give me more of that.  The boss battles were also fun and interesting, and I liked the use of villains that are less well known.

I don't really get the whole 50 vs. 1 feature they are talking about, honestly the big battles in Origins (notably one that was like 20-25 on one) seemed like plenty.  They still have to limit the number of enemies that will actively attack you at once or it would be unplayable.  It will still be like one on three or four with a line waiting.  Yes, they will look great but playability is still going to limit it.

You must not actually be a Batman fan... Batman does not do daylight. And to the citizenry part, looks like Gotham will be abandoned per the trailer and everyone evacuating. You get the Batmobile, that is an upgrade. I will wait for a gameplay trailer to write this game off and what next gen will bring. All I can say is I am super stoked for this!
I'm not a rabid Batman fan, and I didn't like the Nolan movies that much.

Anyway, having an evacuated Gotham means the environment must be exactly like Arkham City's but bigger. That's not very exciting for a PS4/Xbox One game. I'm sure the story will be just as thrilling and amazing as usual though.

I'm not a rabid Batman fan, and I didn't like the Nolan movies that much.

Anyway, having an evacuated Gotham means the environment must be exactly like Arkham City's but bigger. That's not very exciting for a PS4/Xbox One game. I'm sure the story will be just as thrilling and amazing as usual though.
First game on next gen only for them, I am sure bigger takes a lot. Their next game after this will take even more advantage and I could see them maybe do Superman or Justice league and then having citizens will make more sense. I am just excited for them to continue the story...

As much as I would like to see a populated Gotham, an evacuated city probably solves more than a few problems.  I won't have to worry about Batman running down innocent pedestrians with the Batmobile.  Even in RDR, I accidentally trampled a few farmers with my horse.

So they finally gave in to all the whiners bitching about not being able to drive the Batmobile huh. You don't have to be an expert in games to understand why they never did it in the first place since the Arkham games were never built to have drivable environments. It's really that simple as if they wanted to make it so you could drive on the go environments would have to be built all around that. RS make stealth/puzzle games, not driving games too so it would be a new front for them to try implementing. I can only hope they do good on the driving mechanics in this game and nothing feels forced, novice, or clunky. Of course if they don't do it good the same sad cases that raised hell for years about these games not having driving will be the first to bitch guaran-fucking-teed.

This is the first DLC I've heard of other than the Harley Quinn pack.

batman-arkham-kngiht-preorder.png

This is great and all, but why did they let origins be released?

I was not aware they have been making this game for two years,  that's what origins lacked.  Now I'm excited again.

Some in-game screenshot. I like the new Bat suit!

1394852906-4.jpg

1394852907-1.jpg

1394852906-3.jpg

1394852905-8.jpg

1394852902-6.jpg

1394852905-7.jpg

1394852902-5.jpg

Some in-game screenshot. I like the new Bat suit!

1394852906-4.jpg

1394852907-1.jpg

1394852906-3.jpg

1394852905-8.jpg

1394852902-6.jpg

1394852905-7.jpg

1394852902-5.jpg
Love me some Nolan North as Penguin!

Yea they wanted to turn the series into COD, so they did the same thing as COD and got another developer and are doing 2 games at once with the turn around time being two year. So every year we should get a similar game. My money on this is that a justice league or Superman game is next to coincide with Batman Vs Superman next year.

Love me some Nolan North as Penguin!

Yea they wanted to turn the series into COD, so they did the same thing as COD and got another developer and are doing 2 games at once with the turn around time being two year. So every year we should get a similar game. My money on this is that a justice league or Superman game is next to coincide with Batman Vs Superman next year.
Batman vs. Superman was kicked back to May 2016 ...

Love that the Riddler is looking a little worn and rattled now.  I know they are intentionally keeping Scarecrow under wraps for now, but I'm curious to see what they have done with him.  I always liked his portrayal in the first two games, so I almost hope they don't mess with it much.

Love that the Riddler is looking a little worn and rattled now. I know they are intentionally keeping Scarecrow under wraps for now, but I'm curious to see what they have done with him. I always liked his portrayal in the first two games, so I almost hope they don't mess with it much.
Honestly, I dont even remember him in Arkham City.

Yeah, you're right...I think he was referenced and there were some easter eggs about him, but he didn't actually appear in AC. :dunce:

Things all start to blur together after a while I guess.
Haha I remember the references but I don't remember seeing him which was a bummer cause I was hoping to.

Personally, I hope Arkham Knight doesn't include Joker. I'm more than ready for a batman game where someone else steps up as the prime villain for a change.

Haha I remember the references but I don't remember seeing him which was a bummer cause I was hoping to.

Personally, I hope Arkham Knight doesn't include Joker. I'm more than ready for a batman game where someone else steps up as the prime villain for a change.
Completely, 100% in agreement. The Joker showing up almost feels cheap at this point. One of the big (only) things that drew me to Origins was that the villain was advertised as Black Mask. I thought that was an original and ballsy direction. And look how all that turned out.

So, let's cross our fingers that Rocksteady can give us something new with this final installment. Anyone up for a next-gen King Tut?

VICTOR+BUONO+KING+TUT.jpg

More info came out, might have heard already, but to those that haven't..

No tacked on multiplayer
Kevin Conroy?! Awesome. I guess any reports of Mark Hamill will mean a cameo of the Joker.

Please tell me you aren't referring to SW characters in that dumbass statement about depth.
Please tell me you don't think Star Wars characters had real depth.

I love Star Wars and all, but it isn't exactly deep. Harrison Ford himself actually several years back said he wouldn't go back to Han Solo because he really felt the character was "thin" on depth. I'm not sure how they managed to talk him back into part 7 - probably has something to do with the new guard. Alec Guiness also is well known for not having high regard for his character, arguably the "deepest" in the series.

Please don't confuse "deep" and "enjoyable". Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura are some of my guilty pleasures, as are many similar movies which I will almost always watch if they are on. Well written or acted does not equal "good movie". I still have my large collection of Star Wars figures from my childhood sitting in their Darth Vader head storage case in a place of honor in my man room and a giant framed poster from Episode 4 hanging on the wall. It's not like I'm just some hater.

Mark Hamill captured the very soul of the Joker better than anyone else using just his voice (although Heath Ledger was very good). It was way better done than his take on a whiny teenager on a desert planet who becomes a master of his art after a grueling three day training course taught by a Muppet.

So where is the best place to get this game based on pre order bonuses? I saw Gamestop has red hood story pack and harley quinn + 4 maps. I dont usually buy games from gamestop, but if this is the only place i can get these bonuses i might have to.

bread's done
Back