Amazon Has PS4s right now!

When the ps3 first launched the slim didn't come out until about 3 years later so if they follow the same pattern you looking at around November 2016 for a slim
I'm pretty sure there will be a sale way before that even happens...it will be awesome if Sony does a bundle like Microsoft is doing with the Xbox One and Titanfall

I'm pretty sure there will be a sale way before that even happens...it will be awesome if Sony does a bundle like Microsoft is doing with the Xbox One and Titanfall
Think they are only doing that cause the X1 isn't selling out like, anywhere. No stores sold out of the X1 near me ever since release date while the PS4 was out of stock for around 1.5 months.

They do. The famous bundle is releasing in Europe for $400 us $ march 21 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HZBST7S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1393982912&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
But unfortunately it look like the us version of the bundle is going to be a GameStop exclusive at least for now for $570 http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/113945

Since when have they been in low supply? Every store, every kmart, every target, has had these in stock all last month.
"They've" as in Amazon. Online has been sold out for most of the last month. I don't know about in stores. Sounds like it's YMMV depending on where you're looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people having such a hard time finding PS4s? Every time I walk by a game stop they have a sign saying they are in stock. Even the BB I was in about a week ago had a sign saying the samething. I've yet to see Target have any though.

Tampa, FL

Since when have they been in low supply? Every store, every kmart, every target, has had these in stock all last month.
Hm.. Pretty much every Best Buy, Target and Gamestop around me has it in stock now. If only they would go on sale

Judging by all my local stores I thought this wasn't hard to find anymore as everyone has had them in stock for a couple weeks now.

The obligatory "All the stores where I live have 'em" comments.

Not saying you're lying but there hasn't been one retailer that has had stock at their .com for more then 1-2 days (that's being generous---for most it's a matter of hours or minutes at a time) since launch.

Just because you see a few when you happen to do your rounds doesn't mean your stores have been flush that entire time and it certainly doesn't mean that is common. If it was then these wouldn't be reselling for significantly more then MSRP

Why are people having such a hard time finding PS4s? Every time I walk by a game stop they have a sign saying they are in stock. Even the BB I was in about a week ago had a sign saying the samething. I've yet to see Target have any though.

Tampa, FL

Yeah my gamestop said they could get me one too... if I was willing to buy a $600+ MSRPfest bundle

Tampa, FL
You do realize there is a lot more to this country (thank god) than just the part of Florida you live in right?

Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking for one of these.  Or at least one that costs under $500 and doesn't come with a bunch of crap I don't want or need.  Yoink!

Remember that since AMZ has them in stock AWD will have actual discounted trade ins (the revious prices when OOS were over $400 as it goes by average of other systems posted at that time) until AMZ runs out of stock.

When the ps3 first launched the slim didn't come out until about 3 years later so if they follow the same pattern you looking at around November 2016 for a slim
I imagine the PS4 will drop to $299 around Gamescom 2015 (August) and hopefully hit $199 (probably $249) with a slim model around mid-2017

in LA, CA it's pretty difficult to still find a PS4. 2 recent events, this past saturday, a gamestop in the mall had a couple of ps4's in stock, I called just to make sure and by the time I was ready to head out, I called again to confirm, and sold out. Today, Target listed some in stock, this time I did a store pick up on the site and well it looks like it sold out and the inventory hadn't shown to reflect that so it was canceled about a minute after. 

id rather die than buy a ps4 right now
Well with PS+ the free games can at least justify buying the system early.
Contrast, Resogun, Outlast, and Dead Nation.

Microsoft has had some great exclusives but given us nothing for free.

Nice to see more people getting one if they want one. Though gotta love Amazon Warehouse got myself a $270 PS4 ^_^

I am surprised people aren't waiting a few more months for e3, there is probably going to be a bundle released around that time that will be at the $400 price point. At least that's what I am hoping for. But if you can get a PS4 for $275 that's a great deal

It would have been nice if Sony released an official Second Son bundle, but I guess when you sell 6 million of these things there really is no need to pack in your most anticipated game.

It would have been nice if Sony released an official Second Son bundle, but I guess when you sell 6 million of these things there really is no need to pack in your most anticipated game.
Well they have to sell us something, not really any other first party releases anywhere close on the Horizon (please correct me if I'm wrong) other than Second Son. I'm a little unsure about it, and may just play Infamous 2 and once i'm done with it see what the price for Second Son is.

Excellent. I was able to score one from Amazon.

As for my area, which is 20 miles south of Austin Texas, I haven't seen a PS4 sitting in a store display since launch, and every time I notice one is available for sale and try to get to the Gamestop or Walmart in question, they are sold out.  I'm just not willing to drive to somewhere like Hutto Texas or San Antonio (over 50 miles to 100 miles away) for a CONSOLE.

I'm glad I was able to pick one up finally, as I really want to try out Resogun and really loved Dead Nation on PS3.  If I don't score them now with my Plus account, I may never end up picking them up.  In addition my wife is home on maternity leave and she would love to play something new before she goes back to work in April.  So in my /specific/ case, getting one now makes sense.

Honest question for those of you picking up PS4s: What games are you picking up with it? I'm looking at the library on the PSN/SEN store and it's pretty slim pickins thus far.

Just curious as to what you folks are grabbing the PS4 to play.

Excellent. I was able to score one from Amazon.

As for my area, which is 20 miles south of Austin Texas, I haven't seen a PS4 sitting in a store display since launch, and every time I notice one is available for sale and try to get to the Gamestop or Walmart in question, they are sold out. I'm just not willing to drive to somewhere like Hutto Texas or San Antonio (over 50 miles to 100 miles away) for a CONSOLE.

I'm glad I was able to pick one up finally, as I really want to try out Resogun and really loved Dead Nation on PS3. If I don't score them now with my Plus account, I may never end up picking them up. In addition my wife is home on maternity leave and she would love to play something new before she goes back to work in April. So in my /specific/ case, getting one now makes sense.
Where do you live, in San Marcos? The Best Buy at 290 and Mopac usually has them on Sundays when they list them in the ad. Are you going to the GS and Walmart in South Park Meadows, because they never seem to have anything in-stock?

Well they have to sell us something, not really any other first party releases anywhere close on the Horizon (please correct me if I'm wrong) other than Second Son. I'm a little unsure about it, and may just play Infamous 2 and once i'm done with it see what the price for Second Son is.
MLB the Show looks incredible and is releasing in May IIRC. Only MLB game coming out this year.

I assume most parts of the country outside metro areas would have them in stock.  Income is low and so are jobs jobs.  In the DC Metro Area, ps4s are like a unicorn.  There is a reason why most online retailers are sold out and ps3 has sold 6 million in little over 3months.  Sony said their production can only make a million a month, even then that's whole lot of ps4s.

Where do you live, in San Marcos? The Best Buy at 290 and Mopac usually has them on Sundays when they list them in the ad. Are you going to the GS and Walmart in South Park Meadows, because they never seem to have anything in-stock?
I live in the depths of Buda. 290 and Mopac is still pretty far for me and would be a special trip.

I assume most parts of the country outside metro areas would have them in stock. Income is low and so are jobs jobs. In the DC Metro Area, ps4s are like a unicorn. There is a reason why most online retailers are sold out and ps3 has sold 6 million in little over 3months. Sony said their production can only make a million a month, even then that's whole lot of ps4s.
Wow, that's pretty interesting!

Tampa, FL
It must just be Florida, then, because like you... I see PS4s everywhere. That isn't to say I don't see a hell of a lot more Xbones.

bread's done
Back