Call of Duty Ghosts X360/PS3 $20, XBO/PS4 $30 at Newegg

Wow pretty good price on those games. I'm surprised that CoD seems to be reacting to Titanfall as much as they seem to be.

I know they call it a CoD killer, but honestly it's a new dev game where the 360 version is being ported by a third party. I didn't think they would try to hook people as much as they are for a new dev, even if it has some good MW2 developers in it.

I say this because they are discounting Digital versions this week, dropping prices of physical copies etc

And to all those that will come in here and just try to down the game. Yeh, its not the best CoD, but the devs ARE listening. They are revamping the game from topics they hear and feedback they get.

This is the first time I actually think the dev is actively listening to the public and TRYING to give them what they want.

To those that have it, the new patch made the Maniac Jug OPed. They slowed it down some and gave it an SC-2010. Can't scavenge or pick up other weapons so you get 90 ammo, but still it's OPed. You can roll jugs like crazy now after you get the first one. It's like the MW2 gunner

Last edited by a moderator:
Put in cart, checked out, & then hit cancel. Why would I buy this now, with TitanFall 360 coming out in a few weeks?

If you don't do the online, its up in the air. The campaign is pretty good. Better than most at least.

They do also have a "Zombie-esque" mode that you can solo play which is close to 3ARC zombie modes.

I would say wait till it goes lower, but CoDs have a way of never dropping below $20 for a good few years. Since you haven't done BLOPS2 then you should probably pass unless you want a larger backlog for the fun of it.

Very tempting. I used to really enjoy the close quarters multiplayer of Call of Duty but haven't gotten into one since MW2. I did play the campaign for Ghosts on PS3 and enjoyed it. I might have to consider this.

Never seen a Call of Duty drop this low before, usually they never drop below $50 let alone $30.
BLOPS 1 and 2 hit this price, but after about 9-10 months in it's cycle and only for a week I believe. No where near as fast as this iteration.

Just seems like the perfect storm for this one to flop. Well as much as a CoD can flop. It was made lackluster. They tried to "fix" too many past problems that people complained about and made new ones (too small of maps in BO2, not enough variance in weapons, too many Quickscopers etc). They then tried to copy Zombies and ,although its decent, it feels like a they were trying to copy 3arc. They created it for previous gen and then ported to next gen, but made map sizes for ground war (18 player maps) so they hedged on both sides making it better on neither. Etc etc.

So now Titanfall is primed to come in and take a large percentage of the base away.

If Amazon matched, please bump this thread. I will do the same if I spot it first as well.

I only play the campaign anyways, so seems like a good deal, I will beat it and sell it.

Extinction mode is really fun. I actually like it way better than zombies. As a long time cod fan, I couldn't get into the mp like I have with the other games. Don't know exactly why, just never sucked me in. The campaign is pretty good as well.

Chatted with an Amazon rep and she said they'd only pricematch TVs. If I call maybe I'll get a different outcome.
Not how amazon pricematching works, you can submit lower prices and they mark down the actual price of the item to match it, instead of a case by case basis.

This looks like a great deal seeing as I never see these for less than 15 used even on Gamefly. I never played BLOPS2 but really enjoyed playing the previous games on Veteran for the explosions and achievements. Hows are the achievements and explosions in this one?

I got it for $16 at launch thanks to all my GameStop preorder bonus trade ins but this just goes to show CoD's getting cheap now that it's facing competition. I'll definitely wait a bit after the next one comes out to get it for a fair price. This year's all about Destiny for me anyway.

As a huge fan of this series since release day of the original on PC, I highly advise to stay clear of this game.  Even for $20.  There's a good reason it's already $20 (the first COD game ever to hit this price so shortly after release.

It blows.

For instance...patch 1.09 was just released on PS3 after a huge delay.  And it is swamped with major bugs/glitches.  For instance, the Juggernaut Maniac is now a glitched OP Killstreak where he carries an AR instead of the knife, but also runs at regular soldier speed.

Another goof is Squads Mode bot difficulties Hardened and Veteran are missing from the options.  Spawns were not fixed, instead they are worse.  Lag. Cheaters up the arse, and hacked lobbies galore.

This new "Infinity Ward" has severely dropped the ball.  Personally, I'm hoping for BBY to do another 100% bonus Trade In.  But seeing as this is already at $20...I may just cut my losses and trade it in for the current $18.  I'm just thankful I got it during BF for $35. 

EDIT:  I'd also like to point out that this is coming from someone that never trades in games. 

Played every COD campaign since Modern Warfare, but I just can't bring myself to care about this one. It just looks super lame. Plus it only trades back in to Amazon for $9. :/

the campaign is fun but cheesy as hell. who comes up with the stories for these? "you ain't no ghost Imma real ghost" "no you ain't Imma ghost"

Well I'm not getting Titanfall so I'll drop $20 to play CoD multiplayer for a few hours.  Still no tax from NewEgg which is a nice bonus.

Thanks OP.

IMO Ghosts is worth $30. The single player campaign is worth playing even though the story is the dumbest, most senseless one they've come up with yet. Took me a while to get into MP, but I finally got it going once I understood the maps. You just can't go running and gunning in this MP -- most of us hate campers but frankly it's the only way to be successful at it. Stake out a portion of the map, fire up iED's, and wait. Running around is a recipe for disaster in this game.

no wii u? :(

think it's $30 at tru but $20 would have been my sweet spot, esp now with the freefall dlc update

Thanks OP!  Picking it up to try out the "slasher" mode.  Refuse to call it "Michael Myers" since I never remember him using an hatchet in any of the films. 

Does Ghosts have the same amount of "Hoo Rah!" military jingoism and overall horrific war imagery that Black Ops II did or does it lean more towards the PG-13 side of things?

GS has next gen Ghosts for $40 starting today through next Tuesday just in case NewEgg sells out or if you have GS credit.

I really enjoyed the campaign. It'll be a free rental since you should easily be able to offload this on craigslist

The amount of the deals on cod leading up to titanfall leads me to believe activision is a little worried.  Remember there is a free cod: ghosts weekend this weekend.

[quote name="FlyingAce39" post="11583885" timestamp="1394041158"]I just picked up a copy today from a guy on Craigslist for $10. LOL[/quote]

Yep, that's the price I'm waiting for at least to play campaign.

bread's done
Back