Batman Arkham Origins Black Gate Vita 19.99 Amazon.com

Bought this a few months ago from AWD. It just sat on my shelf, unplayed, until I finally sold it. Heard the map was absolutely wretched.

18.99 too much.
That seems like a wee bit of hyperbole. Terrible map, irritating that it needs to be played through three times almost exactly the same to see all of the endings, fighting isn't as stellar as the console counterparts - but it's not the worst Batman game I've ever played.

How is this game on 3DS?  Been meaning to check it out but I haven't even bit on the console version yet...

tylerh1701, get in here and tell us how bad the map display is! :lol:

Thanks anyway, OP.
RAGE!!!!!

It's so beyond infuriatingly useless, especially since it's so necessary since backtracking is such a major part of the 2nd half of the game.

$19.99 is too much for it. $16 at Best Buy GCU is still too much. At this point wait for the digital version and see if they were able to completely overhaul the map!

YES! Pulled up OPs link and noticed my Used copy isn't for sell anymore. Means someone bought it! Woohoo!!!!!! As long as it doesn't get stuck in Pending Purgatory I'll be rid of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mentioned in the PSN thread I paid $10 cash and $10 PSN PS4 Credit for this on PSN.  I played a bit got stuck and gave up for weeks.  Picked it up and finally completed the game.   Got lost for hours at a time running around trying to figure out how to get to the next area.   I missed a few of the collectibles and briefly thought about going back for them.

Instead I deleted it from my memory card and moved on.  I have ZERO desire to play this again.  Horrible map / level design.  The backtracking SUCKS.

I wish I had waited for it to be cheaper physically so I could maybe sell or trade it when done or just waited for the updated console version with hopefully a useful map.

Unless you have a ton of patience or really really love Batman I would think long and hard about spending $20 for it physical or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone doesn't know, there is a console version of this coming out for PS3/360 next month digitally if you want to play this but don't have a handheld or don't like want to play it that way.

I played through it (once) and enjoyed it, but there is no defending that map.  It's about as good a scaled down 2.5D version of the Arkham games as we could reasonably expect, I think.  

I'm glad I sold my copy when I did. I knew the values would be affected with the news of this thing getting a console release.

Wow. The game is really that bad? Compare to Castlevania Mirrors of Fate. Which would you guys choose.

bread's done
Back