* * * * * 1 votes

Dark Souls 2 Strategy Guide $21 Amazon FSSS

#1 cruzadel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

cruzadel

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

My first time OP. Sorry if posted already. I'm so pumped for this game. But I won't use this guide, just for my collection. It's $35 at BB, about $30 if u buy a game with it.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/0744015472

#2 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

You're missing the link, but thanks for posting.  I'm super stoked for this game as well.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3 Wario64  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

Added a link to your post. It's been this price for a while actually in case anyone is interested

#4 cruzadel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

cruzadel

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for adding link. Sorry, forgot.

#5 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9330 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

Future Press made the first Dark Souls guide right?

#6 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   27886 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Future Press made the first Dark Souls guide right?

Yup, and they're making this one.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y :ps4: Geometry Wars 3; MGS V: Ground Zeroes; Shadow Warrior  :vita: La-Mulana EX; LEGO Chima; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Kung Fury: Street Rage (4.5/5) :vita: XBlaze Lost: Memories (4.0/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#7 Earthbound_X   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Earthbound_X

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

Hey nice, I won't have the game for a while, but I loved the first game's guide.

Thanks OP.

#8 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11574 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Hopefully they do a much better job this time of actually creating a walkthrough.  The last guide was helpful, but put together terribly.  To get any sense of a walkthrough you'd be flipping pages constantly.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#9 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   27886 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hopefully they do a much better job this time of actually creating a walkthrough.  The last guide was helpful, but put together terribly.  To get any sense of a walkthrough you'd be flipping pages constantly.

The last guide had exactly one purpose: To be resold for $70 to weird people within the past few months. :roll:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y :ps4: Geometry Wars 3; MGS V: Ground Zeroes; Shadow Warrior  :vita: La-Mulana EX; LEGO Chima; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Kung Fury: Street Rage (4.5/5) :vita: XBlaze Lost: Memories (4.0/5)

#10 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1694 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

The last guide had exactly one purpose: To be resold for $70 to weird people within the past few months. :roll:

Hmm I still have that guide in mint condition. Got it from amazon for $12 I think. Anyone still buying them for that much?
bleedingwicked.png

#11 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   27886 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hmm I still have that guide in mint condition. Got it from amazon for $12 I think. Anyone still buying them for that much?

See for yourself how high people are pricing it. If you want it to actually sell, I'd go for $80-$90 if yours is sealed, possibly $60 if it's open but mint.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#12 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8931 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

Jesus, I might consider selling mine. Its not sealed but its mint (Or atleast extremely close)

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#13 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:40 AM

Didn't several portions of the 1st game's guide become completely invalid because of changes the dev's made through patches?

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#14 myka22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:42 AM

The first one has been selling for a high price for quite awhile actually. I like mine too much to let go of it though. Future Press guides seem to hold there value pretty well.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#15 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

The first one has been selling for a high price for quite awhile actually. I like mine too much to let go of it though. Future Press guides seem to hold there value pretty well.

Geez, very surprised.  Got a couple from Amazon at about $27 total (forgot how that worked) and later on, GS had them on sale for $10.  Still have one mint sealed.  Sold my used one to a buddy for $7 last year.  Guess I should have picked up extras when GS was blowing them out.

Guess I'll pick up at least one from Amazon and maybe from BB when I pick up my order.

I also wasn't terribly thrilled with the layout and the area maps were pretty vague as far as finding stuff.

#16 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10100 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Dark souls 1 guide are going for $100 new, damn lol. Forgot I still have a sealed copy of the guide and steelbook of Dark Souls 1 that is unopened too!

They were going for about $15 on amazon and gamestop in store a few years back.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#17 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1694 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

Think I'll just hold onto mine. Maybe the price will go up. Still have the Red Dead GOTY, FallOut3, and Skyrim CE guides too.
bleedingwicked.png

#18 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   27886 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Didn't several portions of the 1st game's guide become completely invalid because of changes the dev's made through patches?

Did I mention the weird people?

Cloud_Squall78.png

#19 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Did I mention the weird people?

Yes you did.  But the maps (has vague as they were) were still valid.  The equipment stats/sections were changed quite a bit so that info was outdated shortly after the patch(es).

#20 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Dark souls 1 guide are going for $100 new, damn lol. Forgot I still have a sealed copy of the guide and steelbook of Dark Souls 1 that is unopened too!

They were going for about $15 on amazon and gamestop in store a few years back.

It's up to $120... Time to let one go then.  Glad I bought 2.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#21 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4671 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

somewhat glad I "overpaid" (ie deal at release) for several copies of the original first print misprint of Dark Souls CE guide.  also better that they were shipped from retailers and not left out to be (more) contaminated at an actual store.

Chech out my hard to find NA amiibo lowball!  Some are still under MSRP!

Can pickup official Nintendo merch (clothing, import stuff, PLUSHIES, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.

Interested in art/craft supplies including stuff to customize amiibo?  PM if interested!

#22 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

My first time OP. Sorry if posted already. I'm so pumped for this game. But I won't use this guide, just for my collection. It's $35 at BB, about $30 if u buy a game with it.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/0744015472

Thanks for this!

Also, be sure to vote and check out the Dark Souls II pre order thread on CAG.I have a poll going on where people reserved their copies. I'm interested in the results after release. Adding this to the thread, I'll be sure to give credit to OP. 

Thread: http://www.cheapassg...tion-pre-order/

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talkā€¦ Have at you!