Xbox One to include free Forza 5

Indiana

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure who would choose this over the Titanfall game for free but at least customers will get a choice.

Coming soon – purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5 (info on Major Nelson website)

Still nothing for Day One users. (sigh)

Microsoft seems to not understand that their loyal followers will not be buying the console preorder next time. (if they have a next time) I don't expect them to provide every new deal they offer to new console buyers to us. But I would like to see discounts or some free indie games. (where is games for gold?)

Microsoft seems to not understand that their loyal followers will not be buying the console preorder next time. (if they have a next time) I don't expect them to provide every new deal they offer to new console buyers to us. But I would like to see discounts or some free indie games. (where is games for gold?)
Yeah, I am sure they will worry about that six to seven years from now. However, they are making moves to encourage users now. And if the deal was good enough for people four or five months ago I am not sure why people complain about it now. There will always be better deal for those that wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's worth noting it has been stated Digital copies of the game will be included with purchases of the console for retail price, this leads me to believe it'll stack with the Titanfall Bundle because he simply states it'll apply to all consoles purchased at retail and doesn't single out the standalone one.

http://majornelson.com/2014/03/06/coming-soon-purchase-xbox-one-in-the-u-s-and-get-forza-motorsport-5/

Don't want to start feeling entitled but it sure is annoying seeing that they're now offering two free games......

(Edit) Nevermind MN said it doesn't stack on Twitter, sounds like this is just a way to clear out old consoles for the new bundles.

Games for gold will be coming to the Xbox one. Right now there just isn't any games to give for free.

Don't buy consoles are launch if you're expecting free stuff or the best deal.

I don't own a One, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. But I think I speak for most when I say no early adopter expected free game bundles to be available 4 months after launch. That's just ridiculous.

Eff you MS. They should just provide this as GAMES FOR GOLD. As least the PS4 gives me free Digital games each month.
I agree with you doubledown. Why not just offer Forza 5 as Games for Gold and let everyone rejoice? I agree that I did take some risk being an early adopter but the lack of games for gold when PS4 has free games totally sucks.

Are people surprised to read that things that are full price can go on sale?  On this site?

You're not entitled to anything.  You've been playing for months with the new toy, and that should be you're only motivation to buy early and at full price.

Are people surprised to read that things that are full price can go on sale? On this site?

You're not entitled to anything. You've been playing for months with the new toy, and that should be you're only motivation to buy early and at full price.
100% this. If it bothers you that much, don't buy it day one next time. Show some backbone and don't get swept up in the new console hoopla. It's hilarious to see people using this "who expected them to give a free game after 4 months?" defense, as though Microsoft (or any other game company) has some set timetable for when to switch things up.

The landscape of console gaming is in an almost constant state of flux right now. 8 months ago, the plan was to hardly have ANY disc based games. Microsoft has had to scramble and change plans a lot in the past year. If this was needed to boost sales, you can bet your ass they're going to do it.

Early adopters paid a premium to have it first. It's the same reason why people pay for beta access to play games that companies used to HIRE people to test. You're paying the most for an experience that isn't complete yet. Accept it...or stop doing it. Bitching about it isn't going to change anything.

Agree with that.

By early adopting you are:

1.  Paying the highest price the console will ever be.

2.  Paying a higher price with knowledge that there will be bundled games in the future, better hardware (slim models, more storage etc).

3.  Buying with the knowledge that there will be a couple good launch games, a bunch of ports and crummy games that were rushed to make the launch window, followed by a pretty good drought most of the first year.

4.  Have the biggest chance of getting a unit that fails as kinks haven't been worked out yet.

And so on.  So it never ceases to amaze me how much some early adopters bitch when price drops, bundles, software droughts happen.  Granted, sometimes drops/bundles happen crazy fast like this Titanfall bundle/free Forza or the 3DS price drop.  But that's just the risk you take for wanting to be the cool kid on the block that has the new console day one despite the high price and lacking game library.

I stopped buying at launch a couple gens ago--other than buying into Wii hype (and regretting is severely).  I'm always behind on game so it makes sense to just keep catching up on current gen games for cheap, while waiting for the next gen consoles to get more games and drop in price or start getting bundles and retailer promos.

Xbox One is the only console I've ever bought at launch other than the PS2, and in each case each system for me was about more than the gaming aspect.

I wanted a DVD player at college and used my PS2 almost every single day, I turned down $500 to sell it I used it that much.

And I've used my Xbox One every day since getting it, I really wanted and love the media hub style it presents. I'm watching tv with my wife, something pops in my head through what I'm watching, and it's instantly flipping to youtube to show her what I just remembered.

They could cut the price to $250 tomorrow and I honestly wouldn't complain at all. I got what I paid for.

I love that they are giving away a game now, the more people on board the better IMO.

yeah the fact that European Day One buyers got a free game while US buyers got nothing and now people are getting Titanfall or Forza 5 for free and again we get nothing, definitely should give us some perk

In recent sales report looks like the Wii U outsold the Xbox One last Month
That's not what the article I read said. It said Nintendo sold more HARDWARE...which includes the original Wii...and the difference maker in these numbers, the 3DS. This was a counterpoint to the suggestion that Nintendo should abandon hardware manufacturing. That was also in addition to Nintendo having no debt and having $8.6 billion in resources.

Personally, I wish the fanboys for all sides would take a reality check. I don't think any of these companies are on the verge of collapse like some "news sites" would have you believe. Sony put itself in a better position with the PS4 than Microsoft did with the Xbox One. That's hard to dispute..and the sales numbers reflect that. Sony made a similar mistake when the PS3 launched. The PS3 also rebounded and became very successful. Microsoft has plenty of time to do the same thing with the Xbox One.

I say all of this while not really caring for any next gen console at the moment. I've been much more excited about the advancements in PC gaming lately: wider variety of games, lower costs, virtual reality, even bio-feedback games (yes...there's a game coming out that basically employs Nintendo's abandoned "Vitality Sensor" idea...but with a heart-rate monitor). But I can understand that it's not for everybody.

Xbox One is the only console I've ever bought at launch other than the PS2, and in each case each system for me was about more than the gaming aspect.

I wanted a DVD player at college and used my PS2 almost every single day, I turned down $500 to sell it I used it that much.
That's definitely fair, and also true of people who bought PS3s with Bluray as a big reason. It's always been moot for me as I've never liked using consoles for more than gaming--though I did use my 360 for streaming until I got a Bluray player with apps (much quieter, less power usage, less wear and tear on the more expensive console).

With DVD I'd had stand alone players for a good while buy the time the PS2 was out, and it wasn't as good as a good standalone player. The PS3 is a great Bluray player (other than needing an adapter to work with regular universal remotes), but I had no interest in one in 2006 as I didn't have an HDTV and didn't get one until 2008 or 2009. By the time I eventually got a PS3, I'd had a standalone player for several years as it was much cheaper than a PS3 and I was happy just having a 360 and Wii for gaming at the time.

So anyway, for those purely interested in consoles for gaming, buying at launch often isn't worth it IMO for the reasons in my post above. If you use all the multimedia stuff, then yeah it's a more worthwhile investment. Especially the X1 that's targeted much more at casual gamers like you than the hardcore gaming crowd that doesn't care about non-gaming features and wants a lot of Japanese and indie games etc.

That's not what the article I read said. It said Nintendo sold more HARDWARE...which includes the original Wii...and the difference maker in these numbers, the 3DS. This was a counterpoint to the suggestion that Nintendo should abandon hardware manufacturing. That was also in addition to Nintendo having no debt and having $8.6 billion in resources.

Personally, I wish the fanboys for all sides would take a reality check. I don't think any of these companies are on the verge of collapse like some "news sites" would have you believe. Sony put itself in a better position with the PS4 than Microsoft did with the Xbox One. That's hard to dispute..and the sales numbers reflect that. Sony made a similar mistake when the PS3 launched. The PS3 also rebounded and became very successful. Microsoft has plenty of time to do the same thing with the Xbox One.

I say all of this while not really caring for any next gen console at the moment. I've been much more excited about the advancements in PC gaming lately: wider variety of games, lower costs, virtual reality, even bio-feedback games (yes...there's a game coming out that basically employs Nintendo's abandoned "Vitality Sensor" idea...but with a heart-rate monitor). But I can understand that it's not for everybody.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTzs3sqXUUk&feature=youtu.be

Quoted for truth.

Though we need to stop giving into hype. Wait it out a little and you get free shit thrown at you.

If I knew Titanfall would come free and gotten $25 off through the MS store I probably would have waited. Could have gotten DR3, Ryse, etc. cheaper through Amazon as well. I never thought less then a half a year we would see steep discounts already.

I still say Titanfall is the better way to go, but if you rather have racing over FPS It's a great deal.

Microsoft seems to not understand that their loyal followers will not be buying the console preorder next time. (if they have a next time)
Nonsense. Maybe a few will hold off, but there will always be a TON of people who buy day one, and Microsoft throwing in a free game a few months after launch will not change that. They lowered the price on the first Xbox less than 6 months after release and when the 360 launched it was impossible to find for months.

Early adopters will always get the worst deal, and at this point, anyone going to a site like this should know better than to buy on day 1 and expect to get the best experience - be it in price, extra freebies, or actual system performance/features. It's pretty impossible to have any sympathy. If you don't know by now that you are guinea pigs with wallets, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Of course people are saying they won't buy the next console now because they feel "cheated" or whatever. But when the next console is out in 5 years, you shouldn't be shocked to see plenty of those complainers lined up again. Not saying this to anyone specific, but in general gamers have have short memories and next to zero self-control.

Nonsense. Maybe a few will hold off, but there will always be a TON of people who buy day one, and Microsoft throwing in a free game a few months after launch will not change that. They lowered the price on the first Xbox less than 6 months after release and when the 360 launched it was impossible to find for months.

Early adopters will always get the worst deal, and at this point, anyone going to a site like this should know better than to buy on day 1 and expect to get the best experience - be it in price, extra freebies, or actual system performance/features. It's pretty impossible to have any sympathy. If you don't know by now that you are guinea pigs with wallets, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Of course people are saying they won't buy the next console now because they feel "cheated" or whatever. But when the next console is out in 5 years, you shouldn't be shocked to see plenty of those complainers lined up again. Not saying this to anyone specific, but in general gamers have have short memories and next to zero self-control.
If it doesnt matter Nintendo won't offer free games on 3DS. Everyone knows there will be a price drop, but it is a huge difference to see it happen in 3 months versus a year later.

bread's done
Back