The Digital Game Store - Next Generation Spring Sale

I think many people will be interested to hear about your experience.  I remember seeing a post about this place a week or two back.  In that thread people were a bit dubious.  The account registration page is not encrypted which isn't a good sign.  After taking another look at the page I noticed that they still have Thief labeled as "preorder" which doesn't exactly scream "professional storefront."  I personally don't feel comfortable with this site.

Yeah, I had a few qualms as well -- I contacted their support and asked for a bit of comfort before purchasing. I've been able to nab a PS4 so I really wanted to do so, but wanted to be safe. They gave me a good response and I decided to use a card with Fraud Protection...JUST IN CASE! ;)
Let us know how that goes. I was the one who posted about it before and we saw that it was a very suspicious site.

Hey guys, this is Shane from Kotaku Deals here with a friendly "don't do it." Not worth it to risk your financial information, and we just had an issue with this site falsely representing itself as a "partner" of Kotaku.

Hey guys, this is Shane from Kotaku Deals here with a friendly "don't do it." Not worth it to risk your financial information, and we just had an issue with this site falsely representing itself as a "partner" of Kotaku.
You do good work, Shane.

Thanks for stopping by CAG.

Well just FYI, this website now redirects to a new URL, nextgengameshop.com, which has only been active for one day. Looks like they're trying to hide the original scammy URL by just shifting over to a new one. Did you get your PS4, SoulVision? I'm guessing not, or we would have seen an update to this thread.

And again, the same warning from Scamadvisor applies for the new URL:

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectancy, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent and fake selling websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man the website owner's name sounds so familiar. I swear I've seen Alexander Poole's name before. Good or bad I can't recall exactly but I'm guessing bad from what I've seen here so far.

I quickly reported on this site the last time someone mentioned a sale.  I took a more thorough look at it then.  None of their site was encrypted - account registration, checkout, etc.  DO NOT give this site any of your personal information. 

Man the website owner's name sounds so familiar. I swear I've seen Alexander Poole's name before. Good or bad I can't recall exactly but I'm guessing bad from what I've seen here so far.
You know what's really funny? The new URL owner (nextgengameshop) is "Alexander Draves" not Poole! Phoney names for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.

I pre-ordered Titanfall and still have yet to receive my code.  I also has a buddy who did the same and he has not gotten his code either.  I have disputed through Paypal to get my money back and reported them as fraudulent.  The last email I received from their "Customer Support" was on Saturday and they are not answering back anymore.  

bread's done
Back