(In-store only)$15 Giftcard w/Pur of Dark Souls 2, $1.75 soda(Coke products) & a $5 Pack Perky Jerky @ BestBuy

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
IN-STORE ONLY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/dark-souls-ii-offer-119716

The CE should stack with this if scanned my guess is since it`s sold out online that`s why it`s not showing. You can always make a post of the forums one of the mods there can make it right.

Not sure how much Perky Jerky cost but I`d guess $5ish & soda`s are close to $2 I think never bought food from BB except candy as a filler to meet a spending requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the Perky Jerky cost this could be a free $10 or so after a trade in if they give this $40 like they did for South Park.

Cancelled my pre-order/pickup copy...just so I can get some beef jerky, pop, and a gift-card when I come home to play Dark Souls Thursday night :D

Was DS2 not one of the pre-order and get a $10 cert games?  Thought it was but it's not on the list.  Was going to run over there and pre-order if it was.

Never heard of perky jerky, I always buy the Golden Island ones (for pork jerky) and Kirkland signature steak strips (for beef jerky) from Costco. 

Does perky jerky make me better at Dark Souls 2?

Never heard of perky jerky, I always buy the Golden Island ones (for pork jerky) and Kirkland signature steak strips (for beef jerky) from Costco.

I think it's one of those caffiene infused things because marketing. If anything I think being twitchy and then crashing would be a bad way to play DS2. :whee:

it is suppose to be some post-workout protein food.

It doesn't appear to be, which sucks. Infamous isn't on the list either, which is another game I'd be willing to pre-order. This $10 gcu promo has been a letdown so far this year. And best buy was expecting non-members to sign up for something like $120 per year? What the hell were they thinking?
the $10 promo is available to everyone for free, who preorder the select titles. it is not exclusive to gcu.

It doesn't appear to be, which sucks. Infamous isn't on the list either, which is another game I'd be willing to pre-order. This $10 gcu promo has been a letdown so far this year. And best buy was expecting non-members to sign up for something like $120 per year? What the hell were they thinking?
Shame. Wonder if I pre-order anyway if I'll get the steelbook still or if it's too late for that? Really didn't realize that it was this week and not sure if I'm going to keep my CE pre-order.

Yeah, it's there. Just not available for store pick-up. I'm gonna try it, worst thing is they say no.
Doesn't appear in the search at all for me but that wouldn't be the first thing recently.

It's a good thing best buy is making a run at the lucrative confections industry. Worked out well for blockbuster.

Oh, yeah. Guess I forgot about that change from $20 to $10. lol.
Well it is huge margin product for them and an impulse purchase so stocking snacks is well worth it only if they sell a couple things a day. Most times I'm in line and there's at least a half dozen people ahead of me two or three are grabbing something which makes the whole thing worthwhile for them. I'm sure they get a healthy kick back from Coke and whoever it is that owns the jerky too.

Shame. Wonder if I pre-order anyway if I'll get the steelbook still or if it's too late for that? Really didn't realize that it was this week and not sure if I'm going to keep my CE pre-order.
i would think the store would honor the $15 , seeing as promotion just say dark souls II purchase, with Perky Jerky and a Coke will qualify.

Doesn't appear in the search at all for me but that wouldn't be the first thing recently.
Have to type 'dark souls ii' and not a 2. I think. Seems to be a good deal, you're basically gonna pay $7-$8 for a $15 GC. I may cancel my CE and go with the regular. And I think someone said the metal case would be plentiful, IIRC.

i would think the store would honor the $15 , seeing as promotion just say dark souls II purchase, with Perky Jerky and a Coke will qualify.
Well you won't get the $15 until Tuesday when you actually buy the game and the jerky and Coke then since pre-ordering it isn't the same as buying it and wouldn't trigger anything in the system. I was talking about the $10 cert that apparently is on every other big spring release except this one and the black armor pre-order steelbook.

Have to type 'dark souls ii' and not a 2. I think. Seems to be a good deal, you're basically gonna pay $7-$8 for a $15 GC. I may cancel my CE and go with the regular. And I think someone said the metal case would be plentiful, IIRC.

Hopefully they have plenty since it doesn't look like it's going to be a separate thing like with the Arkham Origins case.

Well you won't get the $15 until Tuesday when you actually buy the game and the jerky and Coke then since pre-ordering it isn't the same as buying it and wouldn't trigger anything in the system. I was talking about the $10 cert that apparently is on every other big spring release except this one and the black armor pre-order steelbook.

Hopefully they have plenty since it doesn't look like it's going to be a separate thing like with the Arkham Origins case.
That was my concern initially, I dont mind going with standard over CE to get the $15 GC as long as I could still get the case. I can't remember the forum, but there were some pretty solid comments about this one not being like the last one, the supply would be there at launch.

They still had the preorder cards up for the black armor edition, so I preordered today.  I can't believe I hadn't preordered this yet, time flies..  I am hoping this stacks with the GCU %20 off.

Btw, the perky jerky is $4.99, saw it on my way to the register.

I put $5 down for the pre-order at bestbuy. Can I just take a coke and jerky to customer service when I pay the rest, or do I have to rebuy it or something?

I put $5 down for the pre-order at bestbuy. Can I just take a coke and jerky to customer service with I pay the rest, or do I have to rebuy it or something?
Just take it when you go buy the rest. It works like your just buying the game but then they refund the $5 deposit and put it towards the game.

the actual game is in the metal-steelbook case, dark souls II was never on the $10 cert promo. what i meant to say, is on release when you go pick up your CE, you show them the promo, and have them grab you the coca cola, and perky jerky. They will mostly likely honor the promo, and give your $15, or discount $15 off the entire purchase.

They still had the preorder cards up for the black armor edition, so I preordered today. I can't believe I hadn't preordered this yet, time flies.. I am hoping this stacks with the GCU %20 off.

Btw, the perky jerky is $4.99, saw it on my way to the register.
so basically a $8 gift card. LOL

also is the perky jerky like regular dorito / potato chips size ?

Edit: i wonder if we have to purchase coca cola, or can we switch out the drink for something else of the same value.

the actual game is in the metal-steelbook case, dark souls II was never on the $10 cert promo. what i meant to say, is on release when you go pick up your CE, you should them the promo, and have them grab you the coca cola, and perky jerky. They will mostly likely honor the promo, and give your $15, or discount $15 off the entire purchase.
Gotcha.

so basically a $8 gift card. LOL

An $8 GC plus free poison!

the actual game is in the metal-steelbook case, dark souls II was never on the $10 cert promo. what i meant to say, is on release when you go pick up your CE, you show them the promo, and have them grab you the coca cola, and perky jerky. They will mostly likely honor the promo, and give your $15, or discount $15 off the entire purchase.
I want to keep my CE and try this, but I did shipping and cant change it. Paid with a combination of GC's, reward certs, and debit card so dont want to go through the hassle of canceling and reordering. Think I could take it to the store, do a return/rebuy and get it? Or that's going to be a mess too, because of the payment varieties.

I want to keep my CE and try this, but I did shipping and cant change it. Paid with a combination of GC's, reward certs, and debit card so dont want to go through the hassle of canceling and reordering. Think I could take it to the store, do a return/rebuy and get it? Or that's going to be a mess too, because of the payment varieties.
yes, you can take it in store to do return/rebuy, but i would advise against it, if you are gcu member, becuase it counts against you in their 3 game limit rule. i would suggest pulling up the promo on the smart phone, and going into your local bestbuy store, and show it to the manager. and ask him to let you just purchase the perky jerky($4.99 price confirmed), along with the coca cola, to receive a $15 gift card, with your dark souls II CE receipt/ online confirmation as proof you qualify for the promotion. if you run into any issues, post it on their forum http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/bd-p/Gaming-Support

yes, you can take it in store to do return/rebuy, but i would advise against it, if you are gcu member, becuase it counts against you in their 3 game limit rule. i would suggest pulling up the promo on the smart phone, and going into your local bestbuy store, and show it to the manager. and ask him to let you just purchase the perky jerky($4.99 price confirmed), along with the coca cola, to receive a $15 gift card, with your dark souls II CE receipt/ online confirmation as proof you qualify for the promotion. if you run into any issues, post it on their forum http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/bd-p/Gaming-Support
Sounds like a plan, thanks!

Well they do have the right to say no to that since he ordered it online and it does say in store only on the promo. That and just giving GCs like that looks really bad.

Well they do have the right to say no to that since he ordered it online and it does say in store only on the promo. That and just giving GCs like that looks really bad.
I think I could use the old "Alright, I'll just return it for a refund then" line as leverage. It just irks me that they would take the old Amazon approach and offer the promo for $60 version of the game, but not the $120.

i know, i never said it will work. that is why i posted the bby forum, in case he runs into issues. the only exprience i have with bestbuy pricematching online promo with giftcard offer , was the xcom enemy unknown $15 gift card bestbuy.com online only offer. I went a few days, before release date, and asked to speak to a manager, and show him the promo on my smartphone. He agreed to pricematch the online only offer, since it is bestbuy.com, because they typically do not pricematch gift card offer.

I think I could use the old "Alright, I'll just return it for a refund then" line as leverage. It just irks me that they would take the old Amazon approach and offer the promo for $60 version of the game, but not the $120.
or you can try to SD way, which is to call bestbuy corporate 1800 #, and complain. if the manager does not honor the offer in store. but remember to ask to speak to a manager, because you will their override/ approval anyways. the regular employees cannot decide it. just be prepare to waste a few hours of your time, if things does not go smooth.

I pre-ordered from BBY because of GCU and $10 Reward Cert. The collector edition was only $92 after discounts and tax.

Same here.

Plus that $92 spent just adds more to getting more Reward Certs.

Can't beat that price.
I'm really confused now. Was Dark Souls II initially part of the $10 rz cert promo and removed? Were they never part of it and these people are mistaken? What's going on?

I'm really confused now. Was Dark Souls II initially part of the $10 rz cert promo and removed? Were they never part of it and these people are mistaken? What's going on?

I thought it was but I was probably misremembering some other promo.

Yeah, I've got the $102 price for the CE, but didn't know it was on the $10 list at any point. Would be nice though.
it never was, i had been watching the $10 promo closely, since they finished/changed it from $20 certf promo. alot of posters on here discussed as wanting it being on the $10 promo list in the bestbuy preorder thread. but bestbuy never did

it never was, i had been watching the $10 promo closely, since they finished/changed it from $20 certf promo. alot of posters on here discussed as wanting it being on the $10 promo list in the bestbuy preorder thread. but bestbuy never did
I'm probably remembering some other game being featured for it or DS2 being a part of some other promo or something I'm sure.

Oh yeah I didn't even catch that. I just meant the GCU price. I was getting mixed up since I am getting Titanfall as well.

Either way GCU and then that purchase adding to future Reward Certs is why I got mine there.

I had a $10 cert that was going to expire so I used it on my CE. Dark Souls 2 was never part of the $10 promo. Sorry for any confusion.

The CE isn't even on their website any longer so it may still work with it if you felt like trying a return/rebuy.

As long as it's still going when you get the game I don't see why not.
You have to search Dark Souls ii and not use the number 2, but the letter "i" twice. It's there

Should be a hammer instead of soda so you can destroy the game when you rage quit.
Sadly I think Dark Souls 2 will be easier then 1. It's being hyped a lot in main stream and that worries me that they will cater it more to the casual.

Oh well. Will grab day 1 for $40 and some poison for my body ($48-$15+$7= $40, or something like that). If I don't like then I'll trade back in.

Just not too happy it comes out the same day as TitanFall as my attention will probably go to TF since it was a system seller for me.

Picking up my Black Armor Edition tomorrow morning so i'll just return rebuy while at the counter to get the deal.

Going when they open and hoping for a CE guide as well since I have a 50% off guide coupon laying here. Can't go tonight working 12hrs. :/

bread's done
Back