- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/30 to 4/5)

#61 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

#Twitter, Is the girl at the door alright? (Read it with a British Accent)

#62 Snake Eater   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Snake Eater

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

:o how much do those greeters make an hour?

Minimum wage

#63 elvis731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'll take this thread over the other one any day of the week...

#64 AngryNerdJosh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

AngryNerdJosh

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

South park is well worth $40. I skipped my 150+ backlog to play it. I'd say it's 12-14 hours long but likely little to do after it's over. I only play games once though so no big deal.

#65 roomtemperature  

roomtemperature

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Who knows how bad the drop off was in sales the next week though

I think its like that week Target had Mario 3d World on sale. Nintendo is giving retailers discounts on the popular titles a while after to keep them stocking Wii Us and software. Same thing will happen with Mario Kart with another place. Count on it

#66 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

not to mention that it sold around 100,000 copys in the u.s the first week from what ive read. with millions of ps3s and 360s out there in the u.s thats terrible. if it released a year earlier it would have faired much better imo as i think the excitment of the new consoles made people forget about this game. hope they port it over to next gen like they did with rayman !

It`s still did well overall though, an estimated 500,000 week one worldwide in a crowed week with dark souls 2 & titanfall releasing plus all 3 CE`s too.

#67 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

It's up to you, really--first-party games on Nintendo systems don't tend to drop in price very quickly.

Counterpoint to this argument: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on sale for $39.99. Uh. ???

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Yikes, DK alrready getting a sale? I know it sold 130k in 7 days in February via NPD, kinda odd to see a sale so soon if it sold that good. (For reference, Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World sold about the same in 2 weeks or more)

This isn't the first time it's been on sale.  I don't wanna speculate how it's doing but, let's be honest here, it's an overpriced 2D Platformer that doesn't have Mario stamped on it.  I doubt the sales are good.....

Though I know it's already sold like 5 or 6 times what Wii Fit U sold  :rofl:

#69 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12297 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

This isn't the first time it's been on sale. I don't wanna speculate how it's doing but, let's be honest here, it's an overpriced 2D Platformer that doesn't have Mario stamped on it. I doubt the sales are good.....

Though I know it's already sold like 5 or 6 times what Wii Fit U sold :rofl:

the last dk did around 10 million though so the lack of sales for this game surprises me, even with the lacking wii u sales. i always have love for platformers !!

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

the last dk did around 10 million though so the lack of sales for this game surprises me, even with the lacking wii u sales. i always have love for platformers !!

Source?  Aside from VG chartz (which says 6 million) I can't find anything that says they even sold half of that amount.  Which seems very, very high for a game like DK.

#71 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12297 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Source? Aside from VG chartz (which says 6 million) I can't find anything that says they even sold half of that amount. Which seems very, very high for a game like DK.

i wish i could find it again but i read around 10 million. theres over 100 wii's out there and the wii u is backwards compatible so i wouldnt be surprised if it hit that # by now. oh and its on the 3ds too

#72 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Source?  Aside from VG chartz (which says 6 million) I can't find anything that says they even sold half of that amount.  Which seems very, very high for a game like DK.

According to nintendo it sold 4 million in it`s 1st month of release the article is from Jan 2011 so the VGchartz sales seem about right 6-7 million
http://www.nintendol...lion_in_a_month

#73 Makeshift Gray   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Makeshift Gray

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Are Best Buy gift card deals like the Wii U deal usually available for shipping online?

#74 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

If I return a ps4 game that I don't want anymore after buying 2 to get teh $15 gift card, will I have to return the gift card?

#75 SangesTheLurker   This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck... CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SangesTheLurker

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

If I return a ps4 game that I don't want anymore after buying 2 to get teh $15 gift card, will I have to return the gift card?

I could be wrong, I thought they deduct part (half in this case) of the gift card. I know with Target it tells you this right on the receipt what your returned item is worth.

#76 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

This is the slowest beginning of the year I can recall. I haven't seen a good sale in ages.

#77 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

I could be wrong, I thought they deduct part (half in this case) of the gift card. I know with Target it tells you this right on the receipt what your returned item is worth.

oh i already spent it on diablo 3 from them LOL!

#78 SangesTheLurker   This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck... CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SangesTheLurker

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

oh i already spent it on diablo 3 from them LOL!

I think you missed what I was saying, bringing back one of the games that got you a bonus gift card will net you the price you paid for that game game MINUS half of the gift card's total (ex. $40 game & $40 game with $15 gc, bring back one of those $40 games and they'll give you $32.50) got it now? I didn't literally mean they'll physically ask for half of your gift card.

#79 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I think you missed what I was saying, bringing back one of the games that got you a bonus gift card will net you the price you paid for that game game MINUS half of the gift card's total (ex. $40 game & $40 game with $15 gc, bring back one of those $40 games and they'll give you $32.50) got it now? I didn't literally mean they'll physically ask for half of your gift card.

Had to laugh at this.  Thanks for the morning giggle. 

#80 ssjjfar  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Nothing for me this week

#81 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Awesome. Using my newly acquired $10 RZ from Titanfall preorder for DKCTF!

#82 qualityman13  

qualityman13

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:35 AM

Getting south park for $40 is a great deal.  May pick up donkey kong also

#83 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

Well sadly I don't have the GCU, but I think trading in some games (that might be worth it) to WM and then PM the game and get it even cheaper. Even still, $40 for this game is pretty good. If it's dropping by $10 this fast, I'm wondering if it'll be worth the wait to see if it ever drops to $30..  :-k

Nah. I'll get it this weekend. :bouncy:

#84 jholden3249   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

jholden3249

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Awesome. Using my newly acquired $10 RZ from Titanfall preorder for DKCTF!

Observe ladies and gentlemen, this individual knows good games! Titanfall and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Two completely different games, on completely different consoles, aimed at completely different types of gamers. Yet you can enjoy both of them...Rarely do I see anyone with such a diverse taste in gaming anymore- I salute you!

#85 CappinA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

I just noticed a lot more shipping availability on many games on the Best Buy website. I've been watching some Wii U games all week, but the only one they had available to ship was Super Mario 3D World.  Today, they also had Pikmin 3 and Windwaker HD, so I finally had my three games.

#86 Tdog987   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Does the deals for this ad online start at 10 pm pacific on Saturday like it does for the dotd?

#87 codenamelenny   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

codenamelenny

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

Observe ladies and gentlemen, this individual knows good games! Titanfall and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Two completely different games, on completely different consoles, aimed at completely different types of gamers. Yet you can enjoy both of them...Rarely do I see anyone with such a diverse taste in gaming anymore- I salute you!

I have and enjoy both games. People should learn to be open-minded and play any great game no matter what platform it is on. :)

Also I wished sonic lost world was going to be cheaper than $40.

#88 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7220 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

This is the definitive Best Buy thread. All others don't deserve to exist because they don't include a story of Twitter's narrow escape from the blue shirts.

#89 SonicGamer   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

good deal on DK but considering i got that game free nothing beats free lol 

#90 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

I took advantage of the $40 Xbox One trade deal last week, so I think I'll finally get DK. My Wii U deserves some love.