Dredd 3D Blu-ray $6.99 at Best Buy

It's actually pretty decent, worth owning imo especially at this price.  I found it more entertaining that the first Thor movie if we're making comic book movie comparisons.  You just have to get over the fact the plot at it's core is The Raid in the Judge Dredd universe.  It's still good and Carl Urban made a great Judge Dredd.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually pretty decent, worth owning imo especially at this price. I found it more entertaining that the first Thor movie if we're making comic book movie comparisons. You just have to get over the fact the plot at it's core is The Raid in the Judge Dredd universe. It's still good and Carl Urban made a great Judge Dredd.
And there's a sequel being planned. That's always assuring. I bought it for $10 during the holidays. It's one of those movies where if you show your support by owning it and getting the word out about how you enjoyed it, it'll get the buzz needed to stay alive.

It's actually pretty decent, worth owning imo especially at this price. I found it more entertaining that the first Thor movie if we're making comic book movie comparisons. You just have to get over the fact the plot at it's core is The Raid in the Judge Dredd universe. It's still good and Carl Urban made a great Judge Dredd.
It's better than The Raid so that's not hard to get over.

Not that The Raid isn't good. Dredd is just better.

I can 100% confirm this also plays in a standard 2D Blu-ray player. I got it for the 3D, but I also took it to a buddy's house and watched it over there as well, and his player is 2D.

Wish I knew about this deal when I was at Best Buy yesterday for something else. Would have saved some gas.  Its a great movie thanks for the heads up. 

You're a little late on this, it was posted around a week ago.
Well I didnt see it then but I see this now so he helped me get a deal id have missed before. So no need to be like the dog that walks into the neighbors yard jut to take a shit in it and then stroll off.

It's better than The Raid so that's not hard to get over.

Not that The Raid isn't good. Dredd is just better.
if you bought the raid on blu-ray and even slightly enjoyed it, make sure you check out the extras on the disc. there is a claymation feature on it you need to see.

combo packs for under 10$ are a no brainer, especially for an old school dredd head like myself lol. ill get one later today !
It's actually not a combo pack; it's got both the 2-D and 3-D versions on the same disc, just like Avatar.

As for the movie itself, it's a throwback to one of those ultra-violent action films they made so many of in the 80's, but better. Just remember, this is a film attempting to faithfully recreate the COMIC version of JD, and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the awful 1995 Sylvester Stallone movie.

It's actually not a combo pack; it's got both the 2-D and 3-D versions on the same disc, just like Avatar.

As for the movie itself, it's a throwback to one of those ultra-violent action films they made so many of in the 80's, but better. Just remember, this is a film attempting to faithfully recreate the COMIC version of JD, and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the awful 1995 Sylvester Stallone movie.
both on one disk, i see. thanks for telling me that. and yea it looks super violent which is old school lol, cant wait to see it !

both on one disk, i see. thanks for telling me that. and yea it looks super violent which is old school lol, cant wait to see it !
The digital copy's a UV copy, so if you activate it on Flixster, link it to your UV account, and link your UV account with other services like Vudu, it should unlock fully.

In an attempt to finally ditch physical media, the fact that the UV copy isn't 3D makes me hesitant. I loved the movie though (2D is on netflix), but shelf space is a precious commodity.

In an attempt to finally ditch physical media, the fact that the UV copy isn't 3D makes me hesitant. I loved the movie though (2D is on netflix), but shelf space is a precious commodity.
It is nice to see that blu-rays include Digital HD now.

While nice that this is digital HD... I have not found any android app that will download movies in HD. I have only been able to redeem HD movies on iTunes. And yes the download is in HD.

bread's done
Back