* * * * - 10 votes

Fanatical (previously Bundle Stars) Thread

PC Steam Bundle Stars

#5011 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

Just FYI: free weekend on Steam for Homefront Revolution.  The steam page has information about the freedom fighter bundle but I am not seeing (and have not for a while) a way to buy the freedom fighter bundle/edition vs buying base game and season pass.  Cheapest right now is fanatical.  Considering base game price on sale on Steam right now is slightly more expensice - buy from fanatical.

#5012 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10148 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

The HF:R DLC is all pretty lame.  Three short linear missions.  If you're buying the complete version for a buck or two more then why not but it's not worth worrying about otherwise.

#5013 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

What about following (for hours) 2 people having a conversation?

The first homefront drove me crazy with all the slow unstoppable dialogue every time I restarted a map/checkpoint.

#5014 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5032 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

The first homefront drove me crazy with all the slow unstoppable dialogue every time I restarted a map/checkpoint.

Why you die?

#5015 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

Why you die?

Was doing the achievements for finishing levels without dying and I'm bad.

#5016 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10148 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

The first Homefront had a garbage campaign.

#5017 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19937 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

I played the first Homefront after finished Homefront: Revolution.  It's your pretty typical on rails FPS.  I mean it wasn't as horrible as people say, but it's certainly not good.  It's short though and I got a small sense of satisfaction at the end. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#5018 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3969 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

I played the first Homefront I mean it wasn't as horrible as people say, but it's certainly not good.

giphy.gif

#5019 spoderman  

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Fanatical sent out emails today with 20% off coupons that work on anything aside from Total War Warhammer 2 and preorders. Yes, that means they work on star deals and bundles.

PS: If you didn't get one, that means you've been naughty this year

GUtUP1U.jpg

#5020 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23046 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

I played the first Homefront after finished Homefront: Revolution.  It's your pretty typical on rails FPS.  I mean it wasn't as horrible as people say, but it's certainly not good.  It's short though and I got a small sense of satisfaction at the end. 

Homefront 1 is nowhere as good as Homefront: The Rev, if you ask me.

Homefront 1 takes too long to get going...and by the time it really gets going, which is in the last 1/3rd or so of the game, the game pretty much then ends...like it does. Homefront 1 was a really nice looking game technically when it came out and unfortunately didn't run that hot or well TBH, but hopefully by now it runs well on most hardware.

Homefront: The Rev, even despite its issues w/ character writing-off and not being that deep on storytelling & character development - there's just plenty to do and feels much more fleshed-out than the original Homefront.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#5021 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Fanatical sent out emails today with 20% off coupons that work on anything aside from Total War Warhammer 2 and preorders. Yes, that means they work on star deals and bundles.

PS: If you didn't get one, that means you've been naughty this year

serious?  I guess I am on the naughty list despite buying stuff from Fanactical/Bundle Stars.  Better luck next time.

#5022 spoderman  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

It was all a test. They changed their named to Fanatical to see what morans would still buy from them. Those that didn't, they sent coupons to

GUtUP1U.jpg

#5023 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23046 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

serious?  I guess I am on the naughty list despite buying stuff from Fanactical/Bundle Stars.  Better luck next time.

Me too (on the Fanatical naughty list).

I guess that's what I get from still buying Bundles and games from them, on and off.

Looks like the coupon is for those who ain't bought stuff from them much of late, according to Reddit from the Prey 2017 sale thread:

https://www.reddit.c..._56_1319_steam/

EDIT:

How the hell did I miss the Spotlight Bundle 3? Regardless, looks like that's worth a buy at $2.49 (before any vouchers applied such as WINTER10).

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#5024 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4558 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

Dollar Bundle Alert! 

Get 14 games for just $1 in this Dollar Bundle

GET THE DOLLAR MYSTIC BUNDLE TODAY[www.fanatical.com]

In the Bundle:

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#5025 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3969 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

Dollar Bundle Alert!

Get 14 games for just $1 in this Dollar Bundle

GET THE DOLLAR MYSTIC BUNDLE TODAY[www.fanatical.com]

In the Bundle:

The PresidentCat is working on Christmas, what dedication!

#5026 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

Me too (on the Fanatical naughty list).

I guess that's what I get from still buying Bundles and games from them, on and off.

Looks like the coupon is for those who ain't bought stuff from them much of late, according to Reddit from the Prey 2017 sale thread:

https://www.reddit.c..._56_1319_steam/

EDIT:

How the hell did I miss the Spotlight Bundle 3? Regardless, looks like that's worth a buy at $2.49 (before any vouchers applied such as WINTER10).

WINTER10 doesn't work on the Spotlight or Mystic bundles.

#5027 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23046 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Star Deal - 24 Hour Deal:

System Shock Pack = 90% off at $1.99

-> Contains both System Shock: Enhanced Edition & System Shock 2

#5028 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23046 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

WINTER10 doesn't work on the Spotlight or Mystic bundles.

Yeah, I found out the hard way.

Bought it anyways before that deal died, since it was still cheap. [shrug]