BOGO Disney on Amazon UK and Zavvi

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_180317787_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000670893&emi=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1GNMAHX8A37SQJG2GXRA&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=473800607&pf_rd_i=B00EJXX204

Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/disney-buy-one-get-one-free.list?utm_source=ENZ-_DisneyBOGOF

Follow the links on the pages for the 3-D sale (and DVD, if there are any of you left out there). Most (if not all) of these should be Region Free (check with Amazon, NOT Zavvi, as they are always listed as Region B, even though most are in reality Region Free).

The biggest plus is you get access to films that are out of print here, like Pinocchio, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Hercules, and Aladdin (the latter two I don't think has even been released on Blu here). It's also likely the cheapest you'll ever be able to get Disney 3-D titles.

Downside? DMR points do not work here, the 3-D movies only have 2 discs - a 3-D blu and a 2-D blu, not the four or five they have here, and few, if any, include digital copies. 

Little confused on the wording of the amazon offer. Is there only one offer per order? Because it says the offer will only apply to the cheapest 2 or if I order a group of 10 will it be five 2 for 16 offers applied

finally my chance to get Aladdin on bluray for a decent price

thanks OP

decided to go to Zavvi because international shipping was cheaper... got 101 Dalmations and Aladdin since neither are available in the US and I also preordered the Frozen 3D steelbook

Last edited by a moderator:
decided to go to Zavvi because international shipping was cheaper... got 101 Dalmations and Aladdin since neither are available in the US and I also preordered the Frozen 3D steelbook
One issue with Zavvi is that they charge the VAT to non-European customers, which they are not required to do. Amazon UK does not, but their shipping is more expensive.

That Frozen steelbook looks nice, but is it really worth about $13 more than what Amazon UK is charging (after shipping) for the plain old plastic one?

One issue with Zavvi is that they charge the VAT to non-European customers, which they are not required to do. Amazon UK does not, but their shipping is more expensive.

That Frozen steelbook looks nice, but is it really worth about $13 more than what Amazon UK is charging (after shipping) for the plain old plastic one?
the whole VAT thing is news to me.. any idea at what rate they charge it? my total was $66.38 for the 2 bluray and 3d steelbook which is a hell of a deal considering none are available in the US

it's less than $10 difference and yes my daughter thinks it is worth it lol

How is this really a deal when you have to pay the shipping? In the end with some of the cheaper ones selected I was only saving less than 5 dollars since anything sold outside of the UK must have shipping costs paid.

Was going to do this deal, but all the movies I was going to get with Aladdin are region locked. Shame as I wouldn't had mind getting Up or Pinocchio this way.

How is this really a deal when you have to pay the shipping? In the end with some of the cheaper ones selected I was only saving less than 5 dollars since anything sold outside of the UK must have shipping costs paid.
it's a deal on the ones not available in the US also $5 is $5.. not sure why someone would try to buy something that is available here anyways

it's less than $10 difference and yes my daughter thinks it is worth it lol
Zavvi: 24.99 GBP ($41.55) Base +1 GBP ($1.66) Shipping = 25.99 GBP ($43.22)

Amazon UK: 18.00 GBP ($29.23) - 3 GBP VAT ($4.99) + 3.08 ($5.12) Shipping = 18.08 GBP ($30.06)

43.22 - 30.06 = $13.16 (OR 11.49 difference if you don't include shipping, since it's a flat rate at Zavvi).

Then again, where are you going to find the Frozen Steelbook later on? $13.16 is a lot of money to pay just for a better case, but then again, I've never seen a case this nice before. Then there's the Wal-Mart Infinity figures. The decision just keeps getting harder and harder.

Zavvi: 24.99 GBP ($41.55) Base +1 GBP ($1.66) Shipping = 25.99 GBP ($43.22)

Amazon UK: 18.00 GBP ($29.23) - 3 GBP VAT ($4.99) + 3.08 ($5.12) Shipping = 18.08 GBP ($30.06)

43.22 - 30.06 = $13.16 (OR 11.49 difference if you don't include shipping, since it's a flat rate at Zavvi).

Then again, where are you going to find the Frozen Steelbook later on? $13.16 is a lot of money to pay just for a better case, but then again, I've never seen a case this nice before. Then there's the Wal-Mart Infinity figures. The decision just keeps getting harder and harder.
maybe if i was ordering one thing but i wasnt... i planned on Aladdin blu, 101 Dalmations blu, Frozen 3D

would love to get that Aladdin steelbook that thing is sweet

Total on amazon was £36.06 or $59.96

Total on zavvi (with Frozen steelbook) was £39.92 or $66.38

so i paid $6.34 more for the case... not bad imo

There was a Zavvi code to give you 10% off, but it's expired now. Gonna make this bitter knowing I once could have bought the steelbook for $37.41. Not nearly as heartbreaking as the $24.99 3-D Beauty and the Beast on DMC I missed out on (course I didn't own a Blu Ray player then), but it still sucks.

maybe if i was ordering one thing but i wasnt... i planned on Aladdin blu, 101 Dalmations blu, Frozen 3D

would love to get that Aladdin steelbook that thing is sweet

Total on amazon was £36.06 or $59.96

Total on zavvi (with Frozen steelbook) was £39.92 or $66.38

so i paid $6.34 more for the case... not bad imo
Shame Pinocchio isn't region free, else I'd get the same deal.

Never used Amazon UK before but ordered Monsters U and Brave. They both say region free so I should be good to watch these on my ps3 right?

The PS3 is the worst Blu-ray player of imports. It doesn't support 1080i and often has other random issues.  I'd suggest getting a real blu-ray player if you want to routinely play imports.

The PS3 is the worst Blu-ray player of imports. It doesn't support 1080i
???

hqdefault.jpg

Blurry but you see 1080i there, as for issues, I have owned one for 7 years never had an issue, play all my blurays there. Played my battlestar BluRays from the UK and Despicable me from UK both played fine.

Despicable and battlestar are not 1080i If you can get a ps3 to play 1080i  blu-rays, please show me!

Try any Karl Pilkington, any Attenborough documentary besides Life(UK is 1080p), Misfits series, Planet _____ Documentaries, etc.  

Is this list wrong?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95245

Yes, you will be able to play RF Disney stuff on a PS3 because it is 1080p

Anyone been able to find a Zavvi discount code that Steelbook Frozen is eligible for that still works? I scoured the internet, and found several 10% off codes, but not a single one still working. The closest I found was 10% off Award Winners, but the SB version was not eligible (the non-SB versions were, however).

I used a code I found off retailmenot....
Bank blocked my transaction as suspicious activity so I have to call them back when I have time to wait on hold for a half hour

I may reorder to Frozen with a couple other 3d Blus to make it a good deal. Can anyone confirm that if UP, Cars, and Monsters INC are region free on the 3d disc? Zavvi says B but they don't seem to  be too accurate according to these threads.

I may reorder to Frozen with a couple other 3d Blus to make it a good deal. Can anyone confirm that if UP, Cars, and Monsters INC are region free on the 3d disc? Zavvi says B but they don't seem to be too accurate according to these threads.
Check amazon.co.uk

I may reorder to Frozen with a couple other 3d Blus to make it a good deal. Can anyone confirm that if UP, Cars, and Monsters INC are region free on the 3d disc? Zavvi says B but they don't seem to be too accurate according to these threads.
I haven't tried them all, but if it says "Region Free" on the title, it most likely is. If it says nothing, there's a good chance it won't be. Clicking on the disc itself and reading the more detailed information will sometimes contain false information, or in more than a few cases, contradictory information (for instance, it says Pinocchio is all regions, when it is apparently not). Region 1 or A is what you want if you live in Canada, the U.S., or U.S. territories.

I used a code I found off retailmenot....
Bank blocked my transaction as suspicious activity so I have to call them back when I have time to wait on hold for a half hour
Which code did you use? The only ones I found were either not working, or Frozen Steelbook was not eligible.

not sure..

just got done watching my Aladdin bluray =) still waiting on 101 Dalmatians and Frozen 3D

Picked Aladdin and 101 Dalmations from Zavvi. Zavvi ends up about $6 cheaper than Amazon UK, even with the VAT.

Thanks Rbenns!

Soooo.... Couldn't get the issue with my bank resolved before Zavvi cancelled my order but not after sending me Aladdin for free... Sucks I missed out on the Frozen 3D steel but I guess Aladdin for free isn't bad

Are these the same transfers as their US counterparts? Meaning, do you know if Disney uses the same transfers before releasing our discs here in the states? I know the reason you all order is because these movies aren't released in the states yet, but I'm assuming other regions have got the Disney blus we have here, just earlier (in some cases). Do we know if those are the same transfers or does Disney re-do them before releasing stateside? (Wow - not sure that rambling made *any* sense... sick at home so logic portion of the brain is already asleep).

Are these the same transfers as their US counterparts? Meaning, do you know if Disney uses the same transfers before releasing our discs here in the states? I know the reason you all order is because these movies aren't released in the states yet, but I'm assuming other regions have got the Disney blus we have here, just earlier (in some cases). Do we know if those are the same transfers or does Disney re-do them before releasing stateside? (Wow - not sure that rambling made *any* sense... sick at home so logic portion of the brain is already asleep).
So far the video transfers that we've got here from previous import-only films like Dumbo have been the same. However, with a title that has as large a gap as Aladdin (currently slated for Fall 2015 - though that could change) they may (or may not) use that time to make improvements (especially the 6.1 soundtrack). Aladdin is a fan favorite and a hit of the New Renaissance, but is considered to be insensitive to Muslims, which is probably why we've yet to see it here.

bread's done
Back