Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DSXL 179.99 on NewEgg (PM at Best Buy)

IDreamcasterI

CAGiversary!
Just wanted to let everyone know about this deal.  I couldn't find it posted anywhere else.  I know its been 150 but 180 still isn't a bad price for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
On system transfers:

When you transfer your purchases and saves from an existing system to a bundle system, the pre-installed game is removed.

HOWEVER, while the game is removed, the record of it being a "purchase" is merged into your account history, so getting the included game is just a matter of launching the eShop and re-downloading it from there,

On system transfers:

When you transfer your purchases and saves from an existing system to a bundle system, the pre-installed game is removed.

HOWEVER, while the game is removed, the record of it being a "purchase" is merged into your account history, so getting the included game is just a matter of launching the eShop and re-downloading it from there,
So, what part of the 3DS XL do I need to set up for this to happen? Do I need to log into eShop on the XL, then do the swap? Thanks for the info.

So, what part of the 3DS XL do I need to set up for this to happen? Do I need to log into eShop on the XL, then do the swap? Thanks for the info.
Shouldn't have to do anything than do the transfer, that's what handles all the license shuffling and should take care of that.

Shouldn't have to do anything than do the transfer, that's what handles all the license shuffling and should take care of that.
So, it's possible not to set up the XL at all before doing a system transfer, and it will know I own M&L, along with everything coming from my original system, even though it's not tied to anything but the new system? I just don't wanna screw this up. They could've just included a download code :wall:. Thanks again.

So, I can not set up the XL at all before doing a system transfer, and it will know I own M&L, along with everything coming from my original system, even though it's not ied to anything but the system? I just don't wanna screw this up. They could've just included a download code :wall:. Thanks again.
It's pre-installed, but you can download it in the history at any time. For Nintendo it's not necessarily your download history as much as the console's download history.

It's pre-installed, but you can download it in the history at any time. For Nintendo it's not necessarily your download history as much as the console's download history.
I understood that's how it normally worked. I am just unsure if the transferred console history would overwrite/replace the default one.

I also have a 32GB SD card I want to use from my old system. Does anyone know if the pre-installed game is on the 4GB card included? Or on system memory? Thanks again, everyone. I know this isn't the place, but it's the middle of the night, and the forum's had the same stuff on page 1 all night, so I'm not clogging it up (and I'm sure othes want this info before commiting to replacing a system, too).

I understood that's how it normally worked. I am just unsure if the transferred console history would overwrite/replace the default one.

I also have a 32GB SD card I want to use from my old system. Does anyone know if the pre-installed game is on the 4GB card included? Or on system memory? Thanks again, everyone. I know this isn't the place, but it's the middle of the night, and the forum's had the same stuff on page 1 all night, so I'm not clogging it up (and I'm sure othes want this info before commiting to replacing a system, too).
The system memory on a 3DS is only there for DSiWare backwards compatibility, all games and game saves are on the SD Card.

When you run a system transfer, it only transfers the game licenses from system to system. The last step of the transfer involves you physically moving your SD Card from one system to the other, where all the games and saves are stored. The transfer procedure is only really transferring the "right" for you to play those digital games over.

So, it's possible not to set up the XL at all before doing a system transfer, and it will know I own M&L, along with everything coming from my original system, even though it's not tied to anything but the new system? I just don't wanna screw this up. They could've just included a download code :wall:. Thanks again.
You'll have to run the initial setup on the new 3DSXL to get to the system settings to access the software update and then system transfer feature.

bread's done
Back