Koji Igarashi leaves Konami

Sporkis

Barley Legal
Feedback
77 (100%)
More here,
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/17/5514588/koji-igarashi-castlevania-leaves-konami

This makes me incredibly sad and disappointed.  While I will look forward to see what he can come up with with his own studio, this means no more Metroidvania.  The Castlevania series with the LOS route, which I will say isn't outright bad game by any means but lack that Igarashi magic that made the series go from a I must buy now mentality to a I'll wait until it's dirt cheap.  Now with no hope Igarashi retaking the reigns, one of my favorite game series over the years is pretty much more or less dead to me.

You could blame Konami for not releasing another Metroidvania though the Nintendo handhelds have given us plenty. Besides it's not like Igarashi's other games were that hot.

It's a sad loss, but he was going to move on sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the metroidvania were getting really old. I love the LOS games,but would love the series to go back to old school side scrolling like Castlevania 4 again

He was a douche, though. He wanted to claim the entire series his own. Circle of the Moon is legit. The greatest launch title ever.

Get that team back to take over Castlevania!

Also Legends is canon. Igarashi can screw himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back