* * * * - 12 votes

Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Wal-Mart Trade-Ins

#1831 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

Maybe? I'm not that experienced with data transferal when it comes to phones, as my iPhone 4 is only my second phone and it was set up with my previous phone's (which I didn't trade in) info in-store.

Use iCloud, it backs up all your data to the cloud, then restore your phone. Go through the welcome process and then trade it in. When you get the new phone, during set up say restore from iCloud.

#1832 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36934 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

Absolutely. Back up and sync with your computer.

My mother has an iPhone and when she got her new one she was able to back her stuff up on her desktop with iTunes (even though the interface is cluster Fuck these days). So yes you can backup and transfer everything to your new iPhone.

Use iCloud, it backs up all your data to the cloud, then restore your phone. Go through the welcome process and then trade it in. When you get the new phone, during set up say restore from iCloud.

Thanks for your help, guys.

#1833 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

did anyone get this done, I have an iphone 4 and it would be nice to upgrade

#1834 JediJames2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JediJames2

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

So they have a trade in deal advertised on the website "trade in your iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, or 5c" and get a iPhone 6 16GB for $0.

There's no mention of it needing to be on contract.  Might be a good opportunity.

Anyone have any more info on this, or has tried it in store? Seems like there has to be something missing but then again I don't see anything in the tiny print in the ad. Also, it says it expires 12/13!

Edit: looks like you do need a two year contract :( Oh well.

http://www.fatwallet...-deals/1412067/

http://slickdeals.ne...ntract-walmart?

#1835 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

so glad i was able to upgrade my iphone 5 32gb to the iphone 6 128gb for only a $50 difference via the sam club deal less then a month ago

#1836 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

Anyone have any more info on this, or has tried it in store? Seems like there has to be something missing but then again I don't see anything in the tiny print in the ad. Also, it says it expires 12/13!

Edit: looks like you do need a two year contract :( Oh well.

http://www.fatwallet...-deals/1412067/

http://slickdeals.ne...ntract-walmart?

Thanks for the info. If that's the case, I have no interest in this.

#1837 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13588 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

Was just trading in some games and the guy said someone threatened to sue WalMart and Verizon over the iPhone thing because it doesn't say you need to do a contract until you go to the store

#1838 KanchoRuri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

KanchoRuri

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

Having the worst experience dealing with CEXCHANGE.  FedEx lost several packages over a month ago and FedEx informed me to have CEXCHANGE file, which I had done a month ago.  A month later, they haven't gotten back to me and avoiding my calls nor calling me back on any messages.  I would recommend caution to everyone.

#1839 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

Having the worst experience dealing with CEXCHANGE.  FedEx lost several packages over a month ago and FedEx informed me to have CEXCHANGE file, which I had done a month ago.  A month later, they haven't gotten back to me and avoiding my calls nor calling me back on any messages.  I would recommend caution to everyone.

I think the "double trade in value with the purchase of a PS4" fiasco taught everyone a lesson about dealing with CExchange. If I ever trade with Walmart again, it'll be in store only. 

#1840 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

Walmart is completely cracking down on the one week rule.

#1841 BrianJason  

BrianJason

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

only games I would trust cuntExchange with are my $0.25 titles.  I have a few to send in, should do one at a time.

#1842 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

Walmart is completely cracking down on the one week rule.

huh

#1843 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9936 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

You have to ship the games within 1 week, if not they will adjust the trade in values to a lower amount if the value dropped after the trades were locked in. It happened to me a few months ago. It was only around $4 less total on 5 games so I accepted the lower values (you also have the option of the games being sent back to you).

#1844 cannon  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

The guy scans my games and then doesn't see an option to finish the trade ruh roh

#1845 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2372 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

The guy scans my games and then doesn't see an option to finish the trade ruh roh

Are you in Florida? In florida and possibly other states, you have to scan a new game that you must buy with the credit you receive from the trade. Then you pay the difference that you owe since you must spend all the trade credit. Then you get the gift card code, whether it's with a bar code or a line of numbers. Then you actually purchase the new game with that bar code or line of numbers. Then you can keep the game or take it to customerservice with your receipt to do a return and they will put your credit on an actual gift card.

It sucks but it's the process I know about.

#1846 cannon  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

Are you in Florida? In florida and possibly other states, you have to scan a new game that you must buy with the credit you receive from the trade. Then you pay the difference that you owe since you must spend all the trade credit. Then you get the gift card code, whether it's with a bar code or a line of numbers. Then you actually purchase the new game with that bar code or line of numbers. Then you can keep the game or take it to customerservice with your receipt to do a return and they will put your credit on an actual gift card.

It sucks but it's the process I know about.

Florida yes! That's what we did eventually. They scanned in two new copies of Destiny for the exchange and then returned em and gave me the original trade credit back on a gift card.

I guess it is to avoid the more rigorous pawn laws that require fingerprinting and greater liability and such in FL, but at least Best Buy does do it..

#1847 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

Anyone know if you can still use credit to buy a mastercard gift card?

#1848 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

Anyone know if you can still use credit to buy a mastercard gift card?

You cannot.

#1849 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6185 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

You cannot.

I'm sure he appreciated the two-and-a-half year delayed response.

#1850 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

I'm sure he appreciated the two-and-a-half year delayed response.

Eh, I was still following the topic for some reason, so I figured I'd be cheeky.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wal-Mart, Trade-Ins