007 Legends (PS3) $1.99 + $4 shipping on Amazon.com

Not sure if it's even worth $6, but I suppose it won't get much lower than $5 unless it's for a millisecond at the MS store (360 version, natch).

Just don't expect it to arrive pretty. GoHastings "new" items are a crapshoot.

Thanks for sharing, OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an excellent price for a terrible, terrible game.

I missed out when it was free at BB so I had to shell out ~$13 when it first went on sale on the Microsoft Store website.

Probably my worst game purchase of the past couple years. Appallingly generic, linear, poor shooting feel, super repetitive, just plain boring. It takes a steamy dump on canon by transplanting Daniel Craig's face into a bunch of classic Bond roles while taking a hatchet to their plots.

The hand-to-hand combat is a joke-- a series of inane QTEs that follow one of exactly 2 patterns.

Gadgetry is shoehorned in, in the least creative way I could imagine-- 3 vision modes on a smartphone. Exciting. These sections are just as repetitive as the stupid QTEs.

It's a ripoff not of Call of Duty, but of games that ripoff Call of Duty. A second-generation ripoff, if you will. 

I've played and loved many generic, average, and arguably bad FPS games but 007 Legends was just a miserable experience all around. I know plenty of you will take the plunge for 6 bucks and I don't blame you but really... it's not about the price. It's just not worth your time.

Yeah, for an older clearance title, expect a gutted 'new' copy.
They can't get away selling gutted copies as 'brand new' on amazon because they have specific category requirements. Maybe, only if they wrote that it was missing it factory seal in the description.

Not seeing 'em. Gone?
Yeah, GoHastings does this all the time. They'll lower the price on a copy or two of games to an insanely low price, which of course sells out instantly. Why they bother is beyond me. Perhaps they think it helps get their name out there, or directs more traffic to their store page?

They can't get away selling gutted copies as 'brand new' on amazon because they have specific category requirements. Maybe, only if they wrote that it was missing it factory seal in the description.
Hastings sells gutted 'new' copies now from their website, amazon store, and even their ebay store (with no warning at all that it's a display copy). I recently purchased from all three and received previously opened copies each time. Fortunately, they give you a pre-paid shipping label to send back. I won't purchase from them any more, unless it's a new release on sale, where there a lot of sealed copies available.

We'll see. The last game I got from them was a in a case that was a little worse for wear, but still sealed.

Yep, gutted. Worse, they have the chutzpah to try to justify it as "brand new."

Next time, when you see a GoHastings "deal", just keep Going.

Hastings sells gutted 'new' copies now from their website, amazon store, and even their ebay store (with no warning at all that it's a display copy). I recently purchased from all three and received previously opened copies each time. Fortunately, they give you a pre-paid shipping label to send back. I won't purchase from them any more, unless it's a new release on sale, where there a lot of sealed copies available.

Yep, gutted. Worse, they have the chutzpah to try to justify it as "brand new."

Next time, when you see a GoHastings "deal", just keep Going.
You got the nice insert saying it was a 'brand new' display box that has been repackaged with all the original contents? I send all of those back and make them cover the return shipping...

A few years ago I ordered a new game from their site and got a disc only game in a plain case.
I preordered halo reach ce they sent me reg and said they would not do anything cause no proof. Well the ce ship weight is way bigger but they told me nothing they can do. I hate gh damn thieves in my book.

Be forewarned buying from GoHastings, especially lower priced games, this is their idea of a "New" game:

[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hmm, I don't feel so bad now. They did ship it in a pristine white bubble mailer, which is more than I can say for Walmart or (on occasion) Best Buy.

You got the nice insert saying it was a 'brand new' display box that has been repackaged with all the original contents? I send all of those back and make them cover the return shipping...
Yeah, even though it's in better condition than djdarko's game, I should just on principle. If they'd put that copy in the product description on the website, I'd still take issue with their definition of "brand new" but at least they'd be up front about it.

bread's done
Back