- - - - -

Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray] $15 shipped from Amazon UK

#1 3check   World Builder CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
http://www.amazon.co...aw/d/B000SKNIWE

Just stumbled on this. It's the 5 disk UK version brilliantly narrated by Sir David Attenborough. Apparently the US version is only 4 disks. Should work in all US players. Came to about $15.50 after shipping.

#2 chingychink   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

chingychink

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

So yes? This should work on a ps3?

#3 3check   World Builder CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

Honestly, It looks like a few reports of both with PS3 playback. Some people have issues on PS3 and others none at all. If that is your main Blu Ray player you might want to pass on this one

#4 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Booo, can't shop with my points on the UK site. Still probably ordering this though. Been really wanting this. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
Backlog-Quest-II.jpg?resize=306%2C160
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#5 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

Thanks OP, ended up picking this as well as BBC's "Life" blu-ray for a total of £19.87 (~$33 USD). I shipped it to my address in Munich for £2.33 (about $3.90 USD). Unfortunately I had to pay a £3.17 VAT fee for shipping within Europe. It's £1.43 cheaper to send my items to the U.S., but since I am gonna be in Germany next week anyways I may as well watch it there with my family.

I realize there are many credit cards and preferred bank titles/tiers that eliminate the foreign transaction fee. But its probably still good idea to point out that some people may have to pay a foreign transaction fee (average is 3%) through their financial institution as many people forget to factor that into the price.