Official Disney Movie Club Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's actually a couple of threads already, one just some threads below in this section, even though it's titled DMR only, it actually discusses everything, including DMC, and there's another thread in another section that has a thread, so probably won't need a third one.

Here's the other thread in this section just in case you're too lazy to look for it,

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285582-offical-disney-movie-rewards-code-thread/

For the most part it doesn't take too long to sift through that thread as long as you keep up with it since things are usually reported pretty quickly.  Never had any problems personally doing it that way.

I saw the other DMR thread, that's why I made this one: I thought it better to separate the discussions, but if people don't want to do that, fine.

Considering most people only talk about DMC during the Featured Title release, this thread would get buried quickly.

And the feature title for this month was pretty bad. Thor 2 in 3D for 30...not interested in 3D and can just borrow my brother copy until the movie is cheaper.

Is there a list of past featured titles from after late 2013? The list they have on BR.com is sickening that I missed out on them, such as Beauty and the Beast 3-D and Lion King 3-D for $24.99 each, but ends I believe in Oct. 2013.  

Typically Featured Titles are whatever big release is going on that month or the following month. Unlike Club Nintendo, they don't repeat.

Also, Muppets Most Wanted is available for pre-order and eligible for the standard discount.

Typically Featured Titles are whatever big release is going on that month or the following month. Unlike Club Nintendo, they don't repeat.

Also, Muppets Most Wanted is available for pre-order and eligible for the standard discount.
So this month it's Frozen?

I bought 3 of them with the buy 1 get 40% off promo but the $25 is not showing up as a commitment.
Blurays have to be $29.99 or higher unless they are pre-orders. My $25 + free shipping Thor: The Dark World 3D counted as a fulfillment title. The exception is if the page says it will count. It sometimes takes a while for them to show up as commitment titles. I had one that took well over a week. But if it doesn't show after that long call them up. They have super helpful customer service.

Dunno I ma picking up thor, iron man, and the 5 disc avengers, for 60. I think its a great deal. Maybe not a omg one, but will also fill my fulfillment as well.

I just keep checking every week to see if they add more Disney Afternoon DVDs to the Exclusive DVD page. I was glad they finished Talespin and Gargoyles up there, but I want to see them put out the rest of episodes for the other series.

The next featured title is Thor 3D for $30. I'll probably take it. You can get it with Iron Man for $42 and free shipping, but I don't really want the single-disc Iron Man. I wish it was Iron Man 3.

Every time this thread gets bumped, I keep hoping it's because they finally announced the rest of DuckTales or Darkwing Duck as a DMC exclusive.  And I'm consistently disappointed.  :whistle2:(

The next featured title is Thor 3D for $30. I'll probably take it. You can get it with Iron Man for $42 and free shipping, but I don't really want the single-disc Iron Man. I wish it was Iron Man 3.
I haven't seen the multi-disc Iron Man for a long time; I don't think it's in print anymore, and $8 (12 extra minus 4 shipping) is probably the cheapest it will be for some time.

Where do we find the B2G1? New to the DMC and am not seeing it anywhere on the site...

EDIT: Disregard, I found it. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm thinking of taking that Thor 3D offer all the way to the deadline which is payday on April 15th...does anyone happen to know what time that will be good until on the 15th? I'm going to assume midnight ET (so technically the 16th) but it would be helpful if anybody else has done this before.

Is there a way to get free shipping with the B2G1?  I'd like to knock out my commitment with a full sweep of Toy Story Blu-Rays.

There's some sort of glitch on the site. B2g1 has free shipping, but I had to log out and log in again for it to apply. Super weird.
I've heard of tricks like this on the Blu-Ray forums, where they sign in and out, add and remove items at certain times, and this gets it to work. Trouble is, they're rather vague on precisely what they did. If someone could figure out a step-by-step way to get it to work every time, that would be awesome.

Then again, it's possible there isn't supposed to be free shipping - it doesn't say so in the banner, only the fine print. Perhaps they didn't want to do free shipping, but they didn't bother to change the fine print.

On my version both the B2G1 and 50% have free shipping on both the offers list and banner. Only 60% doesn't have the free shipping

Hmm, I bought Iron Man 3 3D and Thor 2 3D (as well as a second Iron Man 3 3D) in the Buy 2 Get 1, and it never counted those as commitments. I've already received the movies. Should I contact support?

Both were on sale and ineligible for commitments unless it said otherwise. It still wouldn't hurt to ask. The worst that could happen is they can ssy no, and then you'll be in the exact position you are now.

This featured title is a pretty good deal. 3 films for $45. Too bad I already own Muppets, Frozen, and Monsters U.

And yes I know I could try to sell them on eBay but I don't deal with eBay.

It's 2 films. You can get either Monsters U or Frozen, not both.

Well, you can add the other manually, but only one or ththe other for the Featured Title.

bread's done
Back