Amazon - Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3/X360) - $39.99

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Apologies if this has been posted already, or if I screw something up. Long-time CAG, but first time starting a topic (most of the deals I see I get beaten to by other folks).

Anyways, I noticed today that EDF 2025 had gone down by $10 already on Amazon. If you are enticed by the $39.99 price, enjoy!

Links:

Xbox 360: http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Defense-Force-2025-Xbox-360/dp/B00ALNKHDQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395357566&sr=1-1&keywords=earth+defense+force+2025+xbox+360

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Defense-Force-2025-Playstation-3/dp/B00ALNKHD6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395357551&sr=1-1&keywords=earth+defense+force+2025+ps3

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, this is Amazon matching Gamestop's price that started in their weekly ad yesterday and lasts through next Tuesday.

Thanks, OP! :D

Yup, this is Amazon matching Gamestop's price that started in their weekly ad yesterday and lasts through next Tuesday.

Thanks, OP! :D
Ah, didn't realize Gamestop had it for the same price already. Good to know!

I noticed the price match since I have this game sitting in my Amazon wishlist...trying to decide whether to buy it now or wait. I played that Vita EDF game (first one in the series I had tried) and enjoyed it more than I expected, wanted to check out this newer game.

This game is so good.
It's good in its own special way. If you go into EDF expecting technical and mechanical competence, then you will be sorely disappointed. However, those same failings pave the way for an experience that's so B-movie-ish, so charmingly dumb, and oh so hilarious.

EDF!

Already picked this up from Best Buy but have not even thought about playing it yet haha.

At least with the GCU it was the same price.

It amazes me that there are still people on this planet that don't own this game yet.

I guess some people just don't enjoy fun.

I hear there are serious framerate issue in splitscreen, any CAG can confirm?
That's the PS3 version. It's better because of the patches, but it's still pretty bad. If you can play it, just get the 360 version, it's leagues better. The only benefit to the PS3 version is the free online/your friends.

It amazes me that there are still people on this planet that don't own this game yet.

It amazes me some people think everyone's equal on taste. Subjectively, I personally don't hate the series but don't like it as much as some of you. Therefore, there's no reason for me to buy it so quickly as I can easily wait til it's sub $20.

Amazes me at the amount of pompous and arrogant people that assume just because they like or dislike something that everyone who also like or dislike the same things is somehow wrong.

It amazes me some people think everyone's equal on taste. Subjectively, I personally don't hate the series but don't like it as much as some of you. Therefore, there's no reason for me to buy it so quickly as I can easily wait til it's sub $20.
Amazes me at the amount of pompous and arrogant people that assume just because they like or dislike something that everyone who also like or dislike the same things is somehow wrong.
It amazes me that people can't take a joke. (Pretty sure it was a joke.)

I mean "I guess people just hate fun" is meant to be taken seriously? Really? :p

But that's probably because text lacks tone, so either he forgot to add the silly emoticon to set the tone, or he's insane. It's CAG so either option is possible.

It's a pretty fun game though.

Relevant to thread, if you buy this for the 360, here are the links to all the free DLCs. Each one is related to a class in-game, with 2 being former pre-order DLCs with the best weapon in-game (the inflatable explosive Maid Decoy).

Fencer Weapon Set - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fencer-Weapon-Set/909d42da-84f2-4b70-98fa-2cfebed0f69e

Wing Diver Weapon Set - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Wing-Diver-Weapon-Set/45961c21-a846-427d-baba-8d56f2c05553

Air Raider Weapon Set - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Air-Raider-Weapon-Set/a4bd349f-79f0-4b41-b7c4-47c89b838bb5 (Pre-Order bonus, includes decoy)

Ranger Weapon Set - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ranger-Weapon-Set/3397196c-097a-4826-9aca-9ba325723286 (Pre-Order bonus, includes decoy)

All of those are 108 KB in size because they're unlock keys (the content is locked on the disc but there), so it makes me happy they've made these free.

This game is super fun for sure, but a few notes:

Player 2 gets no achievements or anything saved to their profile in split screen.  Any weapons or armor boosts go to player 1 only.

There are some frame rate drops, but mostly when you shoot 20+ explosives and collapse 5 buildings while dozens of enemies are swarming around.

Weapon upgrades are randomly dropped, with a higher likelihood on higher difficulties.

For total completion, each level needs to be completed 20 times. (Once on each of the 5 difficulties with each of the 4 classes, higher difficulties not retroactive to lower ones.)  You can cut that down to 10 if you play different classes in split screen.

You press the Back/Select button to get in vehicles (with no prompt) and revive teammates.  Yes, really.

This is definitely my favorite EDF so far, and I really loved the first one.

I love this game. I accidentally bought two copies though so I am figuring out what to do with the other one lol.

I hear there are serious framerate issue in splitscreen, any CAG can confirm?
Frame rate issues on both systems specially when your fighting hordes or queen ant when she's spitting acid on you. I know on the PS3 it's hit or miss on staying connected during the match. Still a good game but only about 30 people are still playing online. Might be more people but playing offline because they don't want to risk disconnecting and having to restart the whole level again.

bread's done
Back