- - - - -

Nintendo 3DS XL System - Yellow Pikachu (GameStop Premium Refurbished) Back in Stock?

#1 iansarria   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

http://www.gamestop....urbished/110169

It lets my add to cart, mistake or some units back on stock.

#2 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8532 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

I'd feel like for someone to trade one of these in to gamestop, it likely had to be in bad condition. Considering you can easily get more than MSRP for even a decently used one at most places

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 thereefernander   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

thereefernander

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

Looks like there is a stock of the X/Y, LBW and AC consoles as well. All for $189

htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#4 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9197 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

Looks like there is a stock of the X/Y, LBW and AC consoles as well. All for $189

I may be wrong BUT I'm pretty sure a year or so ago when GS had inventory of refurbished Zelda: 25th Anniversary 3DS consoles people were receiving all black units that had the serial numbers of the 25th anniversary units but people had removed the triforce face plates and put standard black ones on.

#5 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6378 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

I may be wrong BUT I'm pretty sure a year or so ago when GS had inventory of refurbished Zelda: 25th Anniversary 3DS consoles people were receiving all black units that had the serial numbers of the 25th anniversary units but people had removed the triforce face plates and put standard black ones on.

If I recall correctly, the top plates were changed, but the bottom plates were not (these were also designed, which is how people knew they were at one point Zelda 3DS units). Overall, I wouldn't chance it. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

I think im gonna put my Pikachu back in its box and grab me a Yoshi 3DS XL. I wouldnt risk this refurb. Reviews are horrible on it.

#7 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9197 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:35 AM

If I recall correctly, the top plates were changed, but the bottom plates were not (these were also designed, which is how people knew they were at one point Zelda 3DS XLs). Overall, I wouldn't chance it. 

Yeah I think you're correct; that being said, does GS just run the S/N and classify it accordingly or does an employee have to manually tag it as a LE unit?

#8 YellowGameboyColor   CAGBooty CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Would the refurbished AC bundle have the game or nah?

#9 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

i have one of these. i feel so lucky i'm better than all of you

cumerently playing: w/ your moms boobs, smash bros wii u, capt toad
amiiboo cumlection (24/29): donkey kong, fox, samus, kirby, villager, zelda, link, p diddy kong, little mac daddy, pit, capt falcunt, bowser, toon link, rosalina, shulk x2, peach, yoshi, sheik, metaknight, king DDD, mega man, sonic, ike, lucumrio

#10 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

I'm thinking some of these must have been resellers that couldn't unload them fast enough or little kids that didn't know what they had. I used mine because I couldn't resist it but I only used it at home lol then I got the Zelda one and put it away on display. I'm so glad I got mine because there was a guy that day that ran up begins me and bought the only other 2 the store had! This was at target so I got it in that sake they had at the time.

#11 JW1023   The Cookie Monster! CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

I wonder if I could buy it for $189 and flip it for more.

Bought one on release day, had it for about three months, and then sold it with 2 games for about $400. Could see this being a good flip for people.

#12 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9911 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

I still have Brand NEW Pikachu :)

"Evil is Funs"

#13 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   515 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Reminds me of a "Refurbished/Recharged" PSP that I had bought and had shipped from Gamestop a few months back that had a new face plate on it. The "Sony" and "PSP" logos nowhere to be found on the front. I thought it was a bootleg (at the time) and just returned it for a full refund. I had no idea they were allowed to do that.

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#14 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

Pikachu looks like he has nipples lol

#15 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Looks like they're gone. For $190 & change I would have bit. Then just returned it if it looked too much like crap (not appossed to a scratched everywhere limited edition I can no longer find for a decent price tbh. Had a gold Pokemon center pikachu GBA I picked up at NYC when I was a kid. You can bet what that thing looks like today lol).