Walmart.com: Xbox One Titanfall Console Bundle - $449

I am not buying anymore at walmart.com

Puerto Rico Surcharge
$39.82

Tax

$34.28

Taxes includes all state and local sales taxes for merchandise, gift wrap and shipping (where applicable).​
Order Total

$524.06

So now we have to pay a surcharge that is greater than the tax.

I am not buying anymore at walmart.com

Puerto Rico Surcharge
$39.82

Tax

$34.28

Taxes includes all state and local sales taxes for merchandise, gift wrap and shipping (where applicable).

Order Total

$524.06

So now we have to pay a surcharge that is greater than the tax.
Does Walmart have a warehouse in PR? If not then why shouldn't they charge a surcharge? They'd be getting charged one by UPS/FedEx to ship to PR----unless you're under the impression that shipping is actually "free" (hint: it's not).

I guess they could be like the thousands of other retailers that won't ship outside the CONUS... period.

Does Walmart have a warehouse in PR? If not then why shouldn't they charge a surcharge? They'd be getting charged one by UPS/FedEx to ship to PR----unless you're under the impression that shipping is actually "free" (hint: it's not).

I guess they could be like the thousands of other retailers that won't ship outside the CONUS... period.
Agree but they should at least enable store pickup.

Man, xbox one system price is plummeting.

Not just a $50 drop, but adding a new game to entice buyers....

It means they are admitting that the system was overpriced to begin with

Last edited by a moderator:
Still too expensive.  The bar was set by the MS sale for $399 last week.  I made the mistake of waiting until I could get to a Best Buy to price match and the deal was gone.  WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN NEXT TIME. 

Man, xbox one system price is plummeting.

Not just a $50 drop, but adding a new game to entice buyers....

It means they are admitting that the system was overpriced to begin with
Yup. Would not be surprised at all if they actually did delay the 360 version of Titanfall just to push people who were on the fence into getting an XB1/Titanfall bundle. Over a week now and still haven't heard any news about sales figures for the game in the US (I know stats have been released for the UK...)

Still too expensive. The bar was set by the MS sale for $399 last week. I made the mistake of waiting until I could get to a Best Buy to price match and the deal was gone. WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN NEXT TIME.
That's my bar as well. $400 plus free game, or bust.

I can see $399 by the holidays or E3

its a great system but people wanna pay less these days and since the common person sees both PS4 and Xbox one as the same, $100 is a huge difference

that being said, I'm glad I got xbone day 1 , exclusive games ranged from decent to amazing

Anyone know if best buy will price match this if I go in with the receipt since I just bought this last week. I should have a 45 day return policy being a elite plus member.

Yup. Would not be surprised at all if they actually did delay the 360 version of Titanfall just to push people who were on the fence into getting an XB1/Titanfall bundle. Over a week now and still haven't heard any news about sales figures for the game in the US (I know stats have been released for the UK...)

That's my bar as well. $400 plus free game, or bust.
Damn... didn't realize the 360 version was delayed until 04/08. When was this announced?

Anyone know if best buy will price match this if I go in with the receipt since I just bought this last week. I should have a 45 day return policy being a elite plus member.
From what I recall about Best Buy's new price match policy that went into effect last year, you can't post price match competitors prices. ymmv if you can.

Damn... didn't realize the 360 version was delayed until 04/08. When was this announced?
Two days ago (one week before it was supposed to be released - lol - talk about last minute...).

Ooooohh so close. Needs to be $400 or come with a $50 GC. As long as the awesome PS4 is $400, so should the Xbone. And please don't bring up Kinect.

Two days ago (one week before it was supposed to be released - lol - talk about last minute...).
Do you think stores already have their inventory? I mean it's not like at this point they can make disc based changes/updates----so I guess there has to be a reason other then "game isn't ready" for the delay. Maybe your right and it is to try and push more X1 sales.

EA must be happy :)

The delay of the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall followed an information leak that said it ran at 30 FPS and sub-720p, and was not being shown to the press because the quality of the game was skeptical. Comparing Battlefield 4 on Xbox 360 and next-gen, I can believe that

Note that Microsoft selling the console bundle for $399 was short-lived, likely a glitch. I would jump on it for $450 - game looks awesome 

Do you think stores already have their inventory? I mean it's not like at this point they can make disc based changes/updates----so I guess there has to be a reason other then "game isn't ready" for the delay. Maybe your right and it is to try and push more X1 sales.

EA must be happy :)
I would like to know whether stores have the discs as well! I'm assuming not; that the discs are probably sitting in some warehouse waiting to be sent to retailers, otherwise we'd see leaked pics online of the game cases.

I'm thinking the updates/tweaks they are supposedly making will be in the form of a huge day one required download. Since the game is online only, everyone would need to be connected to play and that would be the best way for them to work on the game up to the last minute and still distribute those tweaks to the players.

I can see $399 by the holidays or E3

its a great system but people wanna pay less these days and since the common person sees both PS4 and Xbox one as the same, $100 is a huge difference

that being said, I'm glad I got xbone day 1 , exclusive games ranged from decent to amazing
I think most people have expected a 399.99 price tag. Walmart can bully around manufacturers and force them to allow price cuts there first (aka: Nintendo's 3DS price cut at the same time as people could still get the ambasador games). I have no doubt this means that 2- weeks from now we see Best Buy and Target at this 450 price. This holiday a $400 console with a game bundled in is a near certainty at this point. There's simply no way they're going into another holiday below the price of the PS4.

There's simply no way they're going into another holiday below the price of the PS4.
You mean "above the price of the PS4"? Why does no one ever consider how Sony can also drop the price of their console by $50 or $100 with a game bundled in to boot (Knack/Killzone/Infamous) for this holiday season? Sony dropped the price of the PS2 by $100 before E3 2002 (when MS was planning to drop $100) Sony went first and stole their thunder, despite the fact that PS2 was selling by the boatloads at the time, fresh off the massive successes that were GTA III, THPS 3, MGS 2, GT3, etc.

They've done it before, so perhaps they will do it again. These systems are significantly cheaper to make than PS3 and Xbox 360 were to make back at their launch periods, there's some wiggle room this time around to be more competitive.

You mean "above the price of the PS4"? Why does no one ever consider how Sony can also drop the price of their console by $50 or $100 with a game bundled in to boot (Knack/Killzone/Infamous) for this holiday season? Sony dropped the price of the PS2 by $100 before E3 2002 (when MS was planning to drop $100) Sony went first and stole their thunder, despite the fact that PS2 was selling by the boatloads at the time, fresh off the massive successes that were GTA III, THPS 3, MGS 2, GT3, etc.

They've done it before, so perhaps they will do it again. These systems are significantly cheaper to make than PS3 and Xbox 360 were to make back at their launch periods, there's some wiggle room this time around to be more competitive.
LOL! whoops! Yep, I meant above.

I'm not sure who you're talking about when you say "no one" has considered that Sony could lower the price. I didn't mention Sony because I didn't think it was relevant. I'm pretty damn sure that Microsoft will have a $400 price point this holiday but a 300 or 350 PS4 price point is much less certain. Sony is less able to cover the losses than they were a decade ago and frankly, why would they bother lowering the price when their sales are so good? At best I could see a $50 PS4 price cut. Once Microsoft announces a price cut to match Sony's $400 price, any price cut by Sony will then be matched by Microsoft. They fucked up last E3 but their management isn't so bad at business that they believe that a 25% more expensive item is competitive.

My belief is that both consoles will be $399.99 this holiday. Microsoft will keep the Kinect packed in and throw in a game. Sony will throw in a game but not include their camera. Now if you're willing to wait until holiday 2015 then you're sure to see a 350 PS4/Xbox One but that's pretty far away and most people (that are gamers) won't want to wait longer than this coming holiday season.

much as i want this... to play titanfall with xbox live and tax would be over 550.  Not worth dropping that kinda dough for one game.

Digital copy of titanfall...? Sorry that's a deal breaker for me.

Maybe at $400 - but anything else is borderline insulting.

My prediction is a PS4 Arkham Knight bundle this holiday season for $399 to counter the xbone price drops.

why would they bother lowering the price when their sales are so good?
Why would they lower the price if MS reaches price parity in America? Because why would Sony want to lose their current momentum? Casuals don't know (or maybe don't care) that the PS4 can easily handle 1080p and/or 60 frames per second games, whereas there are much less games that will achieve this on the Xbox One, what they'll see are two of the most recent game systems at $400, but MS has a 3D camera bundled in as well, which makes the PS4 look like the weaker deal overall, to casuals.

Also it would be a terrible business decision not to keep the price lower because of the amount of potential revenue lost. If dropping the price of PS4 by $50 is $50 less profit for Sony, it sounds bad in the short-term, but in the end its more profitable in the long term. For every Xbox One sold over a PS4, the gamer that buys 3 games and 1 additional controller from MS, that's over $50 of profit that could have went to Sony instead. So give up some early profit, but make more profit over the 5+ years people will own the system. Since every console owner that goes Xbox One only and skips on PS4, that's well over $50 or even $100 profit lost in however many years leading up to PS5.

This is a tempting deal but I definitely see a permanent price drop. In my eyes, drop the kinect, redesign it to be slimmer and knock it down to $399 and boom! You got more sales. Everytime I pass by one at the store I can't believe how bulky it looks. 

Why would they lower the price if MS reaches price parity in America? Because why would Sony want to lose their current momentum? Casuals don't know (or maybe don't care) that the PS4 can easily handle 1080p and/or 60 frames per second games, whereas there are much less games that will achieve this on the Xbox One, what they'll see are two of the most recent game systems at $400, but MS has a 3D camera bundled in as well, which makes the PS4 look like the weaker deal overall, to casuals.

Also it would be a terrible business decision not to keep the price lower because of the amount of potential revenue lost. If dropping the price of PS4 by $50 is $50 less profit for Sony, it sounds bad in the short-term, but in the end its more profitable in the long term. For every Xbox One sold over a PS4, the gamer that buys 3 games and 1 additional controller from MS, that's over $50 of profit that could have went to Sony instead. So give up some early profit, but make more profit over the 5+ years people will own the system. Since every console owner that goes Xbox One only and skips on PS4, that's well over $50 or even $100 profit lost in however many years leading up to PS5.

I love how evereybody's like "sony can just drop the price too!!!" No they cant. GDDR5 is super expensive. Sony had to scrimp every way they could to hit 399. That's why you get a little 5 cent earpiece for a "headset" and no included camera.

It's likely PS4 is a lot closer to losing money than XB1 is. And not only that but Sony cannot afford losses nearly as much as Microsoft can.

Further IF they drop Kinect, that's $100+ off Microsoft's costs. Sony cant do that. Plus, 399 is a real good price for PS4 anyway. How long did it take PS3 to come down to 399 last gen? Hell Xbox 360 and PS3 still cost 299, and people expect Sony to match that with PS4 a few months in?

The bottom line is the only price change you're going to see in the next 3 years is X1 down to 399 with or without Kinect. PS4 is stuck at 399.

I think it's kind of amazing what MS has done people are all like "only $450, great deal!!!" LOL. And they'll go crazy if X1 hits 399. When in reality 399 is what it should have been to start.

Now back to the deal, will Target price match deals like this??

I get a 10% employee discount +5% redcard discount=15% off at Target.

After tax the normal 499 price works out to like $462 for me at Target after discounts. 449+sales tax at wal Mart is more.

But 449-15% if Target price matches this or just matches it...would be great. The before tax price would be like $382 for me, cheaper than a PS4 for most people. And like $414 after tax.

Edit: To answer my own question I think Tarjay will deffo match. Their policy:

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price, your original receipt and we’ll match the price at the Guest Service Desk.
But alas...

Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.
Guess I'll have to wait and see if Target matches the price themselves.

Now back to the deal, will Target price match deals like this??

I get a 10% employee discount +5% redcard discount=15% off at Target.

After tax the normal 499 price works out to like $462 for me at Target after discounts. 449+sales tax at wal Mart is more.

But 449-15% if Target price matches this or just matches it...would be great. The before tax price would be like $382 for me, cheaper than a PS4 for most people. And like $414 after tax.

Edit: To answer my own question I think Tarjay will deffo match. Their policy:

But alas...

Guess I'll have to wait and see if Target matches the price themselves.
Somebody on SD said they were able to PM.

Wish this deal was live at the same time as the eBay / Tiger Direct one. Could've PM'd instead of buying it on eBay and having to return the bundle I just bought on Monday back to Target.

Is this the case for every titanfall bundle...?

Interesting. More proof how bad a flop the xbone is, in my opinion of course. They really shot themselves in the foot with their sales practices.
i don't know, i was pretty surprised when i saw the card in there, $450 for an xbox one with titanfall AND forza, yes please!

You can price match at best buy. There's a promotion right now that if you buy a $250 gift card at best buy, they'll give you a $25 gift card making it $275. Then pay the rest. :)

Is this the case for every titanfall bundle...?

Interesting. More proof how bad a flop the xbone is, in my opinion of course. They really shot themselves in the foot with their sales practices.
Right, it's a terrible flop. The sales figures have been absolutely horrible. Oh wait a second...*slams head against the table*. I hate ignorant people.

TO STAY ON TOPIC...this is a pretty sweet deal. $50 off the system along with a free AAA game. Unless Titanfall isn't your cup of tea (and let's face it, not everyone is going to like the game), this is probably a pretty decent time to jump on the console if you were on the fence.

Right, it's a terrible flop. The sales figures have been absolutely horrible. Oh wait a second...*slams head against the table*. I hate ignorant people.

TO STAY ON TOPIC...this is a pretty sweet deal. $50 off the system along with a free AAA game. Unless Titanfall isn't your cup of tea (and let's face it, not everyone is going to like the game), this is probably a pretty decent time to jump on the console if you were on the fence.
^ I also wish people would stop comparing this generation sales figures to previous generations sales figures when they say something is a success (or not). Just because this launch is bigger doesn't make it a success in the grand scheme of things. Population has grown in the last decade, gaming is more mainstream, electronics are cheaper and people are more willing to spend money on them.

I bit and picked up the bundle...interesting thing though, mine came with both Titanfall and Forza 5
Ooooo, that'd be pretty sweet if they all came with the extra code. Then I could sell them both off and pick up a physical copy of Titanfall and probably PvZ.

The price should come up at the register in-store, right? If it does, I'll just have my friend pick me up a bundle with his 10% employee discount :)

gynugu9a.jpg

Here's a coupon that will help you all at best buy.

Saw this on another site, Best Buy either PM'ed or M$ instructed a price drop. $449.99
It's much more likely that Best Buy is just following Wal-Mart's lead than that Microsoft gave them any instructions. Wal-Mart is the largest video game retailer in the U.S. When they drop a deal like this, it is acceptable for any other retailer to follow their example.

It is a little early for anyone to panic over the fact that the XBox One's sales have cooled. These are the doldrums for the video game industry, the time of year where sales in general are slow. This counts double for brand-new expensive hardware.

What's surprising is that the PS4 is still selling strong. If anything would cause Microsoft concern, it's the PS4's continued strength in the U.S. For the PS4 to do well in Europe isn't that surprising. For it be maintaining a superior sales pace in the U.S. is worrying. This is Microsoft's home turf, and traditionally the strongest region for the XBox brand. Having Sony maintain their current momentum throughout the rest of the year would be a scenario that Microsoft needs to avoid.

Ignorant? I know the ins and outs of Microsoft very well. I was a diehard xbox 360 gamer who switched to PS3. I loathe them for their business practices. Charging for headset adapters, forced kinect, forced ads with a paid subscription, need I go on? And as far as it flopping, THATS A FACT. The PS4 sells double the xbone consistently in the US alone, let alone worldwide. MS knows the xbone is hurting bad, so they're giving away anything they can to make a quick sale, it's clear as day. AND now price drops across the board? It's a fire sale already, four months are launch.

bread's done
Back