Buy any two Xbox One or PS4 games at Best Buy Get a $15 Gift Card Instore Only

HakurenKyo06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (98%)
As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

Did you grab those games today?

I grabed Tomb Raider and Metal Gear for the xbone yesterday and I didn't get a gift card

and it doesn't state it on special offers at the best buy website next to the games. 

Edit: NVM it had to be today since Infamous came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if I hadn't just picked up Zoo Tycoon and PvZ for Xone on AWD that would be an excellent opportunity to have gotten them.  Not sure what I would grab in addition to Second Son if I went that route.

hmm I have infamous: SS for pickup, guess I'd have to return/rebuy.

Theres really no other ps4 game I want to pay full price for anyway....

Metal gear ground zeros is $25 with my GU discount, If you get 2 it would come out to $50. Minus a -$15 gift card, 2 copies would come out to $35. Might bite on this if true:

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition might be another good choice since it's on sale for $44.99.

OP, is this today only or might it last through tomorrow?

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition might be another good choice since it's on sale for $44.99.

OP, is this today only or might it last through tomorrow?
$35.99 with GCU and trades in for $44 with GCU.

I would either grab two copies of Tom Raider to flip back to BB or one of Tomb Raider and one of Metal Gear V. Really would like confirmation of this.

$35.99 with GCU and trades in for $44 with GCU.

I would either grab two copies of Tom Raider to flip back to BB or one of Tomb Raider and one of Metal Gear V. Really would like confirmation of this.
Good thinking. Too bad I already did this with GS->BB last week. Don't want to get banned over $8/game. Lol.

Metal gear ground zeros is $25 with my GU discount, If you get 2 it would come out to $50. Minus a -$15 gift card, 2 copies would come out to $35. Might bite on this if true:
if you are going to sell the second copy it would have to be for 20$ or so to move it imo thus negating your 15$ gift card. if the second one is a gift however than it works out well

[quote name="strait edge follower" post="11629938" timestamp="1395417841"]that tomb raider suggestion seems like a solid one to me[/quote]

Tombraider is dropping fast... I'll just wait a bit more.

if you are going to sell the second copy it would have to be for 20$ or so to move it imo thus negating your 15$ gift card. if the second one is a gift however than it works out well
Not sure I follow.

Assume paying everything in gift cards and GCU is being used for everything for the record.

Two copies of Tomb Raider = $72 - $15 gift card back = $57. Trade in for $44 each = $88 total. Roughly $31 profit (tax aside).

One copy Tomb Raider & one copy Metal Gear V = $60 - $15 gift card back = $45. Trade in $44 for Tom Raider, $19.80 for Metal Gear = $63.8 TIV. Roughly $18.80 in profit (but Metal Gear can be played and beaten in a night which is why I'd be considering doing this today).

Confirmed. I work there. It's only today and tomorrow. I got infamous and metal gear plus used a $30 certificate and gamers club unlocked. Basically got metal gear for $10

Confirmed. I work there. It's only today and tomorrow. I got infamous and metal gear plus used a $30 certificate and gamers club unlocked. Basically got metal gear for $10
thanks - was waiting to hear confirmation before i tried anything. i have Infamous:SS on hold for pickup...can i take another game to the pickup register, and buy both there, to get the deal?

Looks like I'll be doing a return/rebuy today with MG:GZ and PvZ:GW. Thanks OP

Damn Best Buy...

bought Infamous today and not only did they not have the game out at 11AM there was no mention of this otherwise I would have picked something else up (TR or MGS).

Can they add another game to my earlier receipt and give me the gift card without having to return and rebuy? Would really hate to have one copy of Infamous count as two on my GCU total.

just called the one in dickson city,pa and they said they have not heard of this promo. :wall:
Call and talk the same employee and ask about GCU. He's probably never heard of that either. :D

As long as it has been confirmed that it works here, they don't need to know about it since the gift card will pop up automatically.

Damn it. I just left BBY 10 minutes ago picking up infamous. Guess I'll go and return and rebuy. I hate that my Rzw certs got combined into one $90. I'll just buy 2 tomb raiders with infamous and trade them. Thanks OP

Has anyone seen any copies of Infamous Collector's Edition in stores? Not pre-orders that were fulfilled but any extra copies that they may have? My local stores say unavailable according to the tracker, but if any stores got copies in I'll make the drive to my local stores and check in person.

Has anyone seen any copies of Infamous Collector's Edition in stores? Not pre-orders that were fulfilled but any extra copies that they may have? My local stores say unavailable according to the tracker, but if any stores got copies in I'll make the drive to my local stores and check in person.
my store didnt have any infamous at all, metal gear solid for ps4 and ps3 was sold out too

on another note, of course i see this when i get back from getting infamous. i walked around that video game section for at least 30 minutes while my wife was in kohl's and saw nothing about this. i did see something up for free dlc when you buy a fable 3 strategy guide, dont know what year that was from....

Edit: Nevermind my original post! Read the Title properly this time. Offer restricted to PS4 and Xbone titles.

Can someone confirm the details of this deal: Which games are eligible for this $15 gift card? Only PS4/Xbone games or PS3/X360 games too? I think there would be some restriction.
If there is no restriction, people just buy some of the cheapest games like the $19.99 ones. With GCU, it would be $16+$16= $32 (Excluding tax) and we get a $15 GC back!
Wow your so smart

Can someone confirm the details of this deal: Which games are eligible for this $15 gift card? Only PS4/Xbone games or PS3/X360 games too? I think there would be some restriction.

If there is no restriction, people just buy some of the cheapest games like the $19.99 ones. With GCU, it would be $16+$16= $32 (Excluding tax) and we get a $15 GC back!
Not going to shame you, just going to suggest you re-read the thread title.

I believe this is ymmv. I called two different Best Buys (Arsenal & the Galleria, for the MA folk) & they said they didn't have any promo like this running.

I believe this is ymmv. I called two different Best Buys (Arsenal & the Galleria, for the MA folk) & they said they didn't have any promo like this running.
The employees don't have to know the promo is running for it to be live. If you buy two PS4/XB1 games today or tomorrow, the register should automatically prompt for a $15 GC to be issued, regardless of what any employees say.

bread's done
Back