Best Buy - Xbox One - Titanfall console bundle $449.99

Someone on the other thread bought one of these bundles and found a forza download code with the titanfall download code. Idk if it is true but other experiences from others would greatly help those on the fence XD

Just lends support that $400 price point (with or without gift card) is coming by E3 or Black Friday.

Fantastic deal. I am surprised that we are seeing a drop so quick for these bundles though. I wonder if they're not selling as well as they would have liked. Still a great deal for those wanting one.

I'd hardly call MS desperate. I'm quite enjoying my X1 while that ps4 of mine barely gets played. I'm about to go pickup infamous but it doesn't look like it's too good either.

Ah maybe these ps4 exclusives will start being good, soon. Greatness "awaits", they ain't lyin'.

Wow, if I'd bought one day one I'd be feeling real good about myself right now.

I wonder if Titanfall isn't doing the console numbers MS was expecting.

Wow, if I'd bought one day one I'd be feeling real good about myself right now.

I wonder if Titanfall isn't doing the console numbers MS was expecting.
I'm thinking this as well, how many deals have there been on these bundles now? I lost count. You would think when you bundle in your best game you wouldn't need to drop the price, but I guess not.

I'm thinking this as well, how many deals have there been on these bundles now? I lost count. You would think when you bundle in your best game you wouldn't need to drop the price, but I guess not.
What I find most ironic is people said they didn't want the kinect, that it was stupid, etc and that's the reason it's $100 more. Yet the ps4 camera has been harder to find than the console itself :lol:

The regular Xbox One is also $450.  Considering both SKU's are this price and it's multiple companies now, I'm thinking this might turn into a regular price soon.

I'd hardly call MS desperate. I'm quite enjoying my X1 while that ps4 of mine barely gets played. I'm about to go pickup infamous but it doesn't look like it's too good either.
Ah maybe these ps4 exclusives will start being good, soon. Greatness "awaits", they ain't lyin'.
Infamous is amazing! your just doing yourself a disservice if you really have a PS4 and not getting it.

This "deal" isn't coming from Microsoft, it's coming from Wal-Mart. They bought a decent chunk of systems from Microsoft, and those systems aren't shifting as fast as they would like. So they're knocking a bit off the price to free up some shelf space in the slow video game shopping months.

It's not panic time, but it also doesn't look good for Microsoft. Wal-Mart is the largest video game retailer in the U.S. Their numbers matter more than any other brick-and-mortar retailer. A $50 discount isn't that big of a deal at this juncture, it's just 10% off, after all. But it is a bit telling to see it come shortly after the XBox One's tent-pole title came out. It's obvious that Titanfall isn't shifting units as well as Microsoft was expecting, despite it's near-universal critical praise. Respawn and EA will be fine once the 360 version of Titanfall launches, but the XBox One isn't going to be sold on Titanfall alone.

While this current Wal-Mart sale is a bit tempting, I still feel reluctance. If I got an XBox One now I would be able to try out Project Spark. But I'm not sure I want to be dropping this level of cash at the moment. And if the XBox One has trouble with its sales in the coming holiday season, it's likely I could pick one up for even less around Black Friday.

This "deal" isn't coming from Microsoft, it's coming from Wal-Mart. They bought a decent chunk of systems from Microsoft, and those systems aren't shifting as fast as they would like. So they're knocking a bit off the price to free up some shelf space in the slow video game shopping months.

It's not panic time, but it also doesn't look good for Microsoft. Wal-Mart is the largest video game retailer in the U.S. Their numbers matter more than any other brick-and-mortar retailer. A $50 discount isn't that big of a deal at this juncture, it's just 10% off, after all. But it is a bit telling to see it come shortly after the XBox One's tent-pole title came out. It's obvious that Titanfall isn't shifting units as well as Microsoft was expecting, despite it's near-universal critical praise. Respawn and EA will be fine once the 360 version of Titanfall launches, but the XBox One isn't going to be sold on Titanfall alone.

While this current Wal-Mart sale is a bit tempting, I still feel reluctance. If I got an XBox One now I would be able to try out Project Spark. But I'm not sure I want to be dropping this level of cash at the moment. And if the XBox One has trouble with its sales in the coming holiday season, it's likely I could pick one up for even less around Black Friday.
You wrote all that for a deal at Best Buy? :lol:

I am a little surprised to see these sales so soon as well. I cant remember a bundled console dropping so fast after release. I honestly thought these would sell out. That being said, Titanfall is amazing and GOTY contender IMO, I haven't had this much fun with a FPS in a long time.

But this is best buy?

I first saw the news story about the Wal-Mart deal, and accidentally posted in the wrong thread. I didn't even know Best-Buy was matching this deal. The fact that two major retailers are offering the same deal only reinforces what I posted. But yes, a bit of a clerical oversight on my part. Sorry.

This "deal" isn't coming from Microsoft, it's coming from Wal-Mart.
Except this is from best buy and not walmart, does nobody understand that games that are also doing fantastically well ALSO will go on sale to get those EXTRA people who have held out?

You can find a few things out by reading between the lines, such as how the price needs to be seen in the cart. When best buy does that, it is because it is not a price drop.

The XB1 is doing fantastically well, but because they were well stocked in many stores people assume it is because they weren't selling well, but in reality they are but they produced enough to meet demand is all.

Plus if you paid attention to the numbers, titanfall caused a increase of hardware sales by 90%+.
To imagine that microsoft or titanfall are in any way hurting is kind of silly.

I first saw the news story about the Wal-Mart deal, and accidentally posted in the wrong thread. I didn't even know Best-Buy was matching this deal. The fact that two major retailers are offering the same deal only reinforces what I posted. But yes, a bit of a clerical oversight on my part. Sorry.
I mean target had a bunch of sales on the 3DS XL, does that mean that the best selling hand held is hurting? A sale can just be a sale you know. Stores do it all the time to avoid having multiple sku's and to clear up space.

Why does any time ever that there is a sale or anything people always turn it into some news story.

Besides the "hundreds of thousands have been playing since Tuesday when it launched in the US" have there been any sales numbers regarding Titanfall? Must not be selling all that great if not. Still a great deal for this bundle though.

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the "hundreds of thousands have been playing since Tuesday when it launched in the US" have there been any sales numbers regarding Titanfall? Must not be selling all that great if not. Still a great deal for this bundle though.

:rofl:
"hundreds of thousands"? As in...200k? 300k? 500k? How many is "hundreds of thousands"? If Microsoft had good numbers they'd be shouting them from the mountaintops like always. It's when they have bad numbers that they're vague as shit. Honestly, if Titanfall was the system sell people claimed it would be, there would be MILLIONS of people playing it. You'd expect 1-2 million, at least half the install base since the core gamers bought the console and the game is for core gamers.

Interested why you would say Infamous doesn't look good even though it has an 80 on metacritic and multiple reviewers that gave it 70-80s said its the best infamous to date. I dont get what the fuck their problem is, if it is the best Infamous then why did they give it mixed score. Just goes to prove that reviewers can not be trusted.

Plus if you paid attention to the numbers, titanfall caused a increase of hardware sales by 90%+.
To imagine that microsoft or titanfall are in any way hurting is kind of silly.
Assuming the number is true, a 90% increase over a small number is still a small number. ;)

To the point of Titanfall sales, I find it curious that EA/Respawn and MS haven't released any press yet to boast how sales went. They do that right after CoD releases. They do that right after BF4 releases. They do that right after Halo releases. The game released over a week ago. No press. Not a good sign, imo. (Granted it's a new IP...blah blah...still...)

Why does any time ever that there is a sale or anything people always turn it into some news story.
? This is "Cheap Ass Gamer." Everyone who comes to this site is interested in sales. It's only natural for conjecture to follow, especially from a crowd who is so enthusiastic about following the various fluctuations in game prices. Any and all sales are news stories for us. I don't see anything wrong with that.

? This is "Cheap Ass Gamer." Everyone who comes to this site is interested in sales. It's only natural for conjecture to follow, especially from a crowd who is so enthusiastic about following the various fluctuations in game prices. Any and all sales are news stories for us. I don't see anything wrong with that.
9tayLB8.jpg

so does the titanfall bundle also come with the free forza 5?

because i'm buying on 4-8-14 and i really dont care for titanfall i want forza 5 tho

From what I've heard, Microsoft is doing pretty well in terms of actual revenue generated from the Xbox One.  I also believe that they are making a profit on each system sold which is rare given that systems are generally sold at a loss when they first come out.  I think the PS4 is also generating a profit from each system sold which is great since Sony as a whole is not doing too well (their debt was downgraded to junk status in January of this year).  I've heard rumors that Microsoft had asked to push back Titanfall on the Xbox 360 a few more weeks to capture any more possible Xbox One adopters.  So far the game seems to be selling great both here and in Europe.  For all we know, this could be Microsoft and Wal Mart working together to get some more Xbox One adopters before the game comes out on the Xbox 360. You figure once the game is out on the Xbox 360 people will lose a lot of the incentive they had to buy a Xbox One before they were ready.  Having played the game now for over a week, I can honestly say that I am happy with the choice I made to buy a Xbox One.  It's a great game and is a lot of fun to play.  I honestly have not had this much fun playing an online shooter in years.  It's tough to go back to playing Ghosts after playing Titanfall, that's for sure.

Hate to say it but at this rate I have no doubt it'll be $400 before the end of the year. Sales for the console bundle must not be as good as Microsoft needed and they must be realizing that the price needs to come down.

if someone in the states buys this bundle from bestbuy and you get both the titan fall code and forza 5 code could you confirm you got both for me?

would love to luck out and get both.

So do a lot of you guys watch the first bucket of an NCAA tournament game and then declare the other team dead? Is every 3 pointer a desperation attempt?  Is Coach K overrated?   Ok, that last one is a yes but you see what I mean.

The sales for both consoles are really strong.  The reality is that you always want/prefer to be first but at the end of the day the most important thing to do is make money.  Even the "2nd place" next gen console (fyi I'm not including the wiiu in this) is selling strong enough to end up making money down the road.  

Is it overpriced?  Sure it is.  Whether is by design or arrogance or just stupidity is irrelevant because people are still buying it.  6 million people?  No.  But millions have bought it and millions more still will whether it costs 500 or 400.  

Also, Coach K sucks.

Does anybody know if this sale just for today or will it carry over into the weekend?

So with three retailers offering this now (Walmart, Bestbuy, and Tigerdirect on eBay.) I wonder if this is Microsoft telling them to lower it, or if they are all three just doing it themselves.

Bought one and used my best buy card to get more rz points :whee:

plus if it goes lower in the next 45 days i can price adjust since i am elite plus

So with three retailers offering this now (Walmart, Bestbuy, and Tigerdirect on eBay.) I wonder if this is Microsoft telling them to lower it, or if they are all three just doing it themselves.
The important thing is that MS is allowing it. I don't know about now, but I know Apple used to have strict requirements such that non-Apple stores cannot offer big discounts on Apple products. The fact that the major retailers are doing these XB1 deals is very telling. As is the fact that MS is allowing it.

Interested why you would say Infamous doesn't look good even though it has an 80 on metacritic and multiple reviewers that gave it 70-80s said its the best infamous to date. I dont get what the fuck their problem is, if it is the best Infamous then why did they give it mixed score. Just goes to prove that reviewers can not be trusted.
I meant it's not looking like it turned out as good. I picked mine up at lunch. I hope it's good, I'll give it a try this weekend. I thought reviews said it got repetitive but if it's because "it didn't revolutionize" then there are a loooooot of games that don't deserve their scores. NSMB for example isn't much different since the original DS version yet constantly gets 9s.

Doesn't look like its to good??!? What videos/articles have you been reading? It looks amazing!

And no, Im not a sony fanboy. I have an X1 and PS4 and LOVE both.

Doesn't look like its to good??!? What videos/articles have you been reading? It looks amazing!

And no, Im not a sony fanboy. I have an X1 and PS4 and LOVE both.
I worded it wrong. It does look good, I meant there were some reviews knocking it pretty hard. Didn't sessler give it a 2/5? Then again that's what he gave RYSE and I loved that.

It's obvious MS just has a ton of stock out there for Xbox One is probably reason for the sale because its a slow time of the year. It's not really because the xbox one isn't selling, its just MS I think went overboard with the stock and IMO should of put some of this stock and released in other countries by now. Not release to most in September. I was very surprised  because it doesn't seem like MS ever had a stock issue. So why delay it in other countries.

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Given the high stock they have floating around it seems like they overestimated the demand for US/UK. Should have jumped into other regions sooner because by the time September rolls around Sony may have those regions on lock down.

Bought one and used my best buy card to get more rz points :whee:

plus if it goes lower in the next 45 days i can price adjust since i am elite plus
Except that price adjust is only good for 15 days. 45 days is only for returns. And yes, I am elite plus.

And no you can't return using the old receipt once you open the console because BB records console serial numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back