CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
The Square ENIX store is having a March Madness sale:

20% off 1 game
30% off 2 games
50% off 3 or more (can be any game)

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/DisplayHomePage

I know it's Digital River and they charge a lot for shipping, but it's a good deal if you're looking to buy $100 of games (free shipping after $100).

They also have some new release, XBOX ONE and PS4 games:
Thief
Tomb Raider: Definitive
NASCAR 4
Final Fantasy Lightning Returns

I don't mind their shipping or prehistoric order process but the reason why I hate DR is you can purchase an item on Tuesday and they can have a massive sale on Wednesday (before your item ships) and it is virtually impossible to get a credit or partial refund. It appears that FF LR CE is part of this sale and already discounted and I just bought a copy earlier in the week

You posted it anyway? Shame on you.

All jokes aside (not including Digital River), don't buy from there.
It's very difficult anymore with these SE exclusives. I went through hell and back getting the Ni no kuni wizard edition, so I know first hand the problems with DR.

Heads up for anyone concerned about getting the 360 CE for LR: The Lightning Returns CE is platform agnostic. The only difference between the two is the game itself (well, and the DLC code, which will inevitably be sold on the Marketplace/PSN anyway).

Seriously, fuck this ridiculous threshold for free shipping. Keeping me from getting the XIII trilogy.

Nice flip opportunity to online bestbuy trade, both Tomb Raider and Thief are currently 40, and Thief even gets a free t-shirt

how does In store or online matter? cause you still cant get the trades in to them until you get the games yourself anyhow
I'm not positive since I'm not big on trading in or do I flip but I'm pretty sure they lock TIV in online and then you have a certain amount of time to get it to them. Don't question the ways of a flipper. They do get shit done.

You realize you won't get these for a week or longer. And you'd be stuck with them once the TIV drops.
Easiest way to get around this is to buy it in store somewhere else, trade it in to BBY and then return the ones that come in from SE store.

Just placed an order for the LR CE for 360, Thief PS4 & Tomb Raider PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest way to get around this is to buy it in store somewhere else, trade it in to BBY and then return the ones that come in from SE store.

That's cool if you want to burn one of your returns at a store like WM, Target, Best Buy etc. that tracks that type of stuff.

That's cool if you want to burn one of your returns at a store like WM, Target, Best Buy etc. that tracks that type of stuff.
You are only using up your returns IF you aren't returning with a receipt. As long as you have legit receipts they can't say anything.

As for the order/buy/trade strategy a few posts above me....that's too damn complicated for a few dollars even if stores were in same shopping center.

I know that Digital River is ridiculous but I am confused. I have an order that is 'submitted' and apparently 'unsubmitted' . No Order Confirmation Email nor a Paypal refund. Did they cancel my order or is this normal for the Square Enix Store Shenanigans?

Really? All the effort, time, and gas for what, almost $10 a copy? Not worth it... Nothing on this site is really worth the time flipping, as nothing really offers more than $10. A flip, to me, isn't worth it if it doesn't bring in around $50 or more a copy (game, electronic etc.). Nothing is worth buying to keep because the selection sucks, for the most part.

Shame that FFX-X2 HD isn't part of this deal, would probably go ahead and get that, Kingdom Hearts and Lightning Returns.

Really? All the effort, time, and gas for what, almost $10 a copy? Not worth it... Nothing on this site is really worth the time flipping, as nothing really offers more than $10. A flip, to me, isn't worth it if it doesn't bring in around $50 or more a copy (game, electronic etc.). Nothing is worth buying to keep because the selection sucks, for the most part.
I really don't get why people are on this guy so much. If he wants to trade shit in buy / return drive all over town, who gives a fuck? Let the dude do his deal and if he comes out on top more power to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've been spared, then. Consider yourself lucky.
I've already beaten XIII and XIII-2 on the 360, but I've borrowed them from friends. I want to get the trilogy on the PS3. Believe it or not, I enjoyed the games, but only because of the battle system. Yeah, the characters are ass, but I've learned to stop paying attention to that sorry excuse of a "story" and just focus on shifting paradigms.

so tempted to jump on the lightning returns collectors edition for 360

71.99 still a little much :whistle2:k

I also enjoyed the other two as well

If FFX HD Collection was part of the deal would have likely gotten it, Lightining Returns and Tomb Raider PS4. I'll just wait it out for a better price for now.

Well, now FFXIII (PS3) is out of stock, but since it was still in my cart, it would allow me to check out...but when I looked at the details for FFXIII, it said it would be for Windows  :wall: What sort of sense does that make?

If only Nier was available, I might have actually bit on this deal. For being the official SE store, they are seriously lacking products.

Honestly,

How is anyone able to checkout from SE store?

I tried 4 different emails and credit cards/paypal and it always flakes out in the end and send me to a blank page with UnableToProcessOrder in the URL.

If someone knows how to successfully create order at SE site I'd greatly appreciate it.

Is there even a phone number to maybe order directly??

Honestly,

I tried 4 different emails and credit cards/paypal and it always flakes out in the end and send me to a blank page with UnableToProcessOrder in the URL.

If someone knows how to successfully create order at SE site I'd greatly appreciate it.

Are all of the items in your cart still in stock? Not necessarily a dumb question since out of stock items stayed in my cart. It looks like some items are going fast.

Honestly,

First tip is make sure you have a SE account that you can login to. Try just logging into the store and making sure your password works. If you can login then it's not an issue with your account.

When checking out never click the "checkout with PayPal" because it often flakes out that way. If you choose the other payment method it will still let you choose PayPal on the next screen. If the other payment method doesn't work then its an issue with your browser. If you are using Firefox switch to Chrome. If both don't work then try Internet Explorer.

First tip is make sure you have a SE account that you can login to. Try just logging into the store and making sure your password works. If you can login then it's not an issue with your account.

When checking out never click the "checkout with PayPal" because it often flakes out that way. If you choose the other payment method it will still let you choose PayPal on the next screen. If the other payment method doesn't work then its an issue with your browser. If you are using Firefox switch to Chrome. If both don't work then try Internet Explorer.
Tried all the steps. Same Payment Authorization Failed error message hidden in black text behind black background.

What's amazing is that their website can't even recognize email address if case is diffferent.....

So I ended up Buying the Lightning Returns CE, Thief XB1, Tomb Raider PS4, and Just Cause 2 for $115 shipped. Its the first time Ive shopped at the square enix store. Do they email you when your item ships?

bread's done
Back