South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3/X360) $44.99 at Amazon

Man... I wish I could get Best Buy to price match that and then take the 20% off from GCU (as I'm sure everyone else does). Good price, but I'll wait.

Thanks for posting this, I was thinking I'd be waiting a bit longer before a price drop. $45 seems fair.

I just hope the PS3 version is okay, it is an Obsidian joint after all. 

Thanks for posting this, I was thinking I'd be waiting a bit longer before a price drop. $45 seems fair.

I just hope the PS3 version is okay, it is an Obsidian joint after all.
That's a pretty good price, I got it at launch for PS3 and beat the game twice so far, still need to go for platinum. I will say there are some issues, the first runthrough there was no music for the entire last boss fight and the ending, sometimes the music tracks get stuck and two will play over each other, plus my character got physically stuck at some points and I had to start at the last checkpoint. I don't know if the other versions have these issues, although if you've ever played a Lego video games, these issues are nothing.

That's a pretty good price, I got it at launch for PS3 and beat the game twice so far, still need to go for platinum. I will say there are some issues, the first runthrough there was no music for the entire last boss fight and the ending, sometimes the music tracks get stuck and two will play over each other, plus my character got physically stuck at some points and I had to start at the last checkpoint. I don't know if the other versions have these issues, although if you've ever played a Lego video games, these issues are nothing.
Thanks for the heads up, might just go for it and hope I don't have too many problems.

Glad I brought it at Gamestop, beat it, and returned it ....the price is dropping like crazy but can't wait till this game is 10 on gamefly

This will be 20 bucks in no time. Friend of mine beat it and cautioned me not to pay over 20. Especially with so many other better games to come out recently.

It's not bad, played 2.5 times to platinum.

One thing I did notice, was after beating it once there were issues with a 2nd save file as I'd try to skip cutscenes and it'd freeze a few seconds later.

Redbox it.

Is this game worth owning digitally or just a rental? It's nice to load up a game instantly without having to keep switching my movie disc with the game I want to play. I have Lego Marvel digitally, but unlike that game, I hear SP doesn't have much replayability and its only a 4-7 hour long adventure (For me that can potentially translate to 5-9 Hours). So my fellow Cag's help me out.

Is this game worth owning digitally or just a rental? It's nice to load up a game instantly without having to keep switching my movie disc with the game I want to play. I have Lego Marvel digitally, but unlike that game, I hear SP doesn't have much replayability and its only a 4-7 hour long adventure (For me that can potentially translate to 5-9 Hours). So my fellow Cag's help me out.
are you a huge fan of south park? if not a rental will be enough.

Im not a fan of south park and i loved this game and also im watching the episodes now (free on southparkstudios.com)... This game worth even at full price but this is cag with cheap ass people. The game takes around 15 hours to be finished. Too long for a rental.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 bucks a night at redbox, and I beat it. Saved $$

You can speed run the game in a little over 6hrs, around 14hrs to complete.

are you a huge fan of south park? if not a rental will be enough.
Yes Im a pretty big fan. The humor seems to be top notch. I wasn't really into the game before it's release, but all I hear is praise for the game on this website. Another thing to factor is my backlog (Standing at atleast 20+ games). I can wait for it to be super cheap, but is it worth owning digitally super cheap when it goes on sale, or just redbox it for a couple days?

I rented and beat it at $6 from Redbox.  It was such a great game and wouldn't have been mad if I bought it at $60.  Planning on getting it when it hits like $20 or so for my collection.  But this is a great price if you haven't played it.

Yes Im a pretty big fan. The humor seems to be top notch. I wasn't really into the game before it's release, but all I hear is praise for the game on this website. Another thing to factor is my backlog (Standing at atleast 20+ games). I can wait for it to be super cheap, but is it worth owning digitally super cheap when it goes on sale, or just redbox it for a couple days?
After beating it, there is no point of replay, so rental!

I borrowed this from a friend and wanted to try it out as I very rarely will pay full retail for a game unless I need to have it. I heard South Park SoT was very short and it truly is. I took my time, didn't use any guides, fully explored the game, and not only beat it on my own but platinum'ed it in exactly seven days, with around 16 hours of total time invested. Very fun game, though now that I have done everything, I'm not going to purchase it. I'd consider it for around $10 just to play again for the shits and giggles.

i have like 35+ games in my backlog, so 20+ is pretty small. the only replay value is to play as the different classes of mage, fighter, jew, thief

I really like this game but if you're into achievements/trophies you will definitely want to print out a list of the "missable items".There's a lot that are in areas you only get to access once.

This is one of the rare games i paid full price for.  Mainly because i want the dev's to make another one and if it drops to quickly in price you can count that out.  This game had so many hurdles to over come to get made in the first place it needed to do well to at least get some dlc.

It's a fun game even if you dont like SP.  I laughed so hard at the City Wok level.  I dont keep up with SP much anymore but it doesnt matter.  It has so many things going on your bound to find things you like.

Im not upset i paid full price for it (i am however displeased with myself that i bought it at Gamestop but it's the only place i could find it at.)

I got the ps3 version too.  It does have some soundtrack issues and it froze on me once in the alien mothership but thats it.  The game autosaves alot so it was no biggie.  I did crank the hardness up to get some more life out of it though.  You could walk through it on normal no problem. Takes about 15 hours to beat if you do alot of the side quests.  Im sure it's closer to 10 doing the main quest only.

$45 is a great price for the game.  $60 was a good price for it.  I would also consider buying any story DLC's that are released and i never, ever do that.

not with the full plate ubisoft has on their hands, with upcoming assassin creed unity, and far cry 4
its crazy how much staff at ubisoft they have to work on all of these titles. its like they clone their employees lol. only a handfull of people are needed for a port anyway. if anything they can outsource the port too

I think they'd just use gaikai and stream it to ps4.

Someone's bound to do it, instead of porting when playstation now launches.

I really like this game but if you're into achievements/trophies you will definitely want to print out a list of the "missable items".There's a lot that are in areas you only get to access once.
I recommend NOT doing this. You will have the game spoiled. I platinum'ed the game without using a guide by just doing what RPG vets do best... take your time and explore everything. I saved often, randomly throughout the game, so if I did miss a trophy for a specific requirement I didn't have to play for too long ago. Longest timesuck was the ending boss battle... since there are three ending trophies, I had to reply it twice, which takes an hour minimum.

Lol at people waiting for next gen. This game isn't taxing any last gen hardware.
While I agree that waiting for next gen is silly, it's not about taxing the hardware.

I want this game, but I can wait until the sale at Best Buy a week from now for an extra discount with GCU.

Man... I wish I could get Best Buy to price match that and then take the 20% off from GCU (as I'm sure everyone else does). Good price, but I'll wait.
Try not to speak for everybody when you are so wrong. I'd much rather get hassle free prime shipping and have the game in two days rather than have to battle with Best Buy's customer service giving me some bullshit reason why they can't PM a game and then wait for 2 weeks for the game to arrive, all just to save a few bucks that doesn't even come close to covering the cost of joining GCU to begin with.

All that said, this sale is a joke Amazon. Do better next time.

Last edited:
This is one of the rare games i paid full price for. Mainly because i want the dev's to make another one and if it drops to quickly in price you can count that out. This game had so many hurdles to over come to get made in the first place it needed to do well to at least get some dlc.

It's a fun game even if you dont like SP. I laughed so hard at the City Wok level. I dont keep up with SP much anymore but it doesnt matter. It has so many things going on your bound to find things you like.

Im not upset i paid full price for it (i am however displeased with myself that i bought it at Gamestop but it's the only place i could find it at.)

I got the ps3 version too. It does have some soundtrack issues and it froze on me once in the alien mothership but thats it. The game autosaves alot so it was no biggie. I did crank the hardness up to get some more life out of it though. You could walk through it on normal no problem. Takes about 15 hours to beat if you do alot of the side quests. Im sure it's closer to 10 doing the main quest only.

$45 is a great price for the game. $60 was a good price for it. I would also consider buying any story DLC's that are released and i never, ever do that.
It's Ubisoft, the game was going to drop in price within a month even if it was the best selling game ever. It's just the way they seem to operate.

yea theres no reason not to port it over. the rayman port was done in what 4 months ? previous gen to next gen ports are quick and easy. tomb raider is another example
It isn't so much that previous gen to next gen ports are quick and easy, it's that PC to Next-Gen ports are easy which is why Rayman and Tomb Raider in specific were quick ports. South Park is also on PC so that should be a cinch to port. It's actually one of the reasons I'm happy about being at least partially a PC gamer - we should be getting a lot of console-style games soon.

It wouldn't surprise me to see those recent Castlevania games, Dark Souls II,a nd a new port of Far Cry 3 at some point on the newer systems.

bread's done
Back