- - - - -

Aliens: Colonial Marines $5.99 NEW Amazon (X360), Gamestop (PS3/X360)

#1 DrMunkee   Logical AND dreamy CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Amazon

Gamestop (Xbox 360)

Gamestop (PS3)

(NOTE - Even though it says "Online Only", my local Gamestop had the games marked down to $5.99 in store)

Not a great game, but it is only $5.99. Not a terrible price for the curious.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#2 FightinTXAg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

FightinTXAg

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Really isn't that bad of a game. I had fun with it

#3 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9174 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

It is disgusting what Gearbox did with this and DNF

Really isn't that bad of a game. I had fun with it 

It's playable but games like this have so much potential and the fact it falls so short is sad. 

#4 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

Sucks that it's only for the 360.

#5 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9295 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

Although I have been constantly warning CAGs about this game, but at this price, it's worth a go if you are remotely interested or have some prospect of playing it in co-op.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

Must be flying off the shelf at amazon. Now says in stock, but may take 1-2 days to process.

#7 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

did the used drop ? my dad loves aliens
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#8 DrMunkee   Logical AND dreamy CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

Gamestop still has the used copies going for $17.99 (or $16.19 power up members)

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#9 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Gamestop still has the used copies going for $17.99 (or $16.19 power up members)

thanks. ill price match at bestbuy as id rather have the rz points than the pur points for small purchases like this
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#10 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

lol

#11 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

lol

whats so funny ? he loves the franchise and he has a ps3 so why not ? the game might be ass but he will find enjoyment it it im sure lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#12 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

whats so funny ? he loves the franchise and he has a ps3 so why not ? the game might be ass but he will find enjoyment it it im sure lol

Is this your dad? lol

aliens-meme-image.jpeg

#13 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

Is this your dad? lol

aliens-meme-image.jpeg

LMAOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!! he acually gets goofy like that ! im acually frightened at the pic now
Currently playing

690739.png

#14 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

Great price for a fun game. Buy 2 copies and play co-op with your friends. 

#15 chahi   ICU81MI CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

In for 1. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#16 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

It is disgusting what Gearbox did with this and DNF

It's playable but games like this have so much potential and the fact it falls so short is sad. 

Actually what DNF was released as was mostly 3D Realms fault, Gearbox just polished it up and salvaged what was there and pieced it together. Granted, NEITHER product should have released for $60, but DNF wasn't really Gearbox's fault completely.

Just wanted to say that.

GS actually dropped Aliens to $5.99 a month or two ago, but it's still an alright deal for people who didn't get in on the times Amazon Digital had the PC version for $1.99. The main campaign's dialogue is practically unbearable, when i re-played it for achievements I turned the voice volume all the way down and that alone increased my enjoyment by 1000%.

FYI: the Stasis Interrupted DLC, while not excellent, is miles better in terms of level design and plot delivery compared to the main single-player campaign.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Destiny
:pc: Hearthstone

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#17 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

Heard lota good things about this game from CAGs. Bought the CE version for $10 at GS weeks ago and didn't regret one bit. Crazy not to get it at this price.

#18 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9295 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Great price for a fun game. Buy 2 copies and play co-op with your friends. 

And for those who don't know, it has full campaign couch co-op as well, so you can save a few bucks by buying one copy.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19 Corgstradamus  

Corgstradamus

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:58 AM

I'm going to see if I can convince my friend to buy 2 copies of this for him and I to play through.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#20 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1889 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

I'm going to see if I can convince my friend to buy 2 copies of this for him and I to play through.

Your friend told me the same thing.

#21 kickrockz713   Oh don't do it CAGiversary!   7118 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Metro Redux
PS4

kickrockz713

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

bark bark bark!!!

To the pound you go.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png764128.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Too much to post   :ps4: TBD    :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Nada   :3ds: Nada   :vita: Nada

#22 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

OOS @ Amazon

#23 rcerboss  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Not a bad deal, especially since the DLC vouchers in the collector's edition have already expired :bomb:  

To the pound you go.

Eh, I'd just as soon put him down.  

I'll never understand why people want to pretend to be fictional characters (or a dog?) online.  

Though I did admit I did get a chuckle the first time I saw him  ;)

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#24 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8184 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

And for those who don't know, it has full campaign couch co-op as well, so you can save a few bucks by buying one copy.

Yep, had a blast on co-op wonder where all the "used" copies from all the $10 CE`s went.

#25 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up, OP!  I can confirm that it's in-store, too.  Grabbed a sealed ps3 copy at Gamestop while I was out.  Was stickered at the $5.99 price.