GameStop MGS 4 LE $6.99 USED

SaintAnger

CAGiversary!
Did a quick search and didn't see this posted but went to GS with my girlfriend and while we were checking out noticed MGS 4 LE behind counter. So we asked how much and its $6.99. GameStop does not have a separate SKU for the LE version of the game so its sold as the regular addition. Definitely random if your store would have it but if they do and interested in getting, $6.99 ain't bad. Have a good one guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a quick search and didn't see this posted but went to GS with my girlfriend and while we were checking out noticed MGS 4 LE behind counter. So we asked how much and its $6.99. GameStop does not have a separate SKU for the LE version of the game so its sold as the regular addition. Definitely random if your store would have it but if they do and interested in getting, $6.99 ain't bad. Have a good guys.
This should be posted in Brag & Moan as a separate thread. Annoying to read YMMV shit like this in a Hot Deals forum.

Yep, if someone trades in the CE/LE it just becomes a normal used copy. This is how I got a Oblivion CE and Perfect Dark Zero CE. I usually ask if they have any traded in when I go to GamesStop. 

The sku was converted a couple of years back, so it's completely YMMV at this point.

There's actually a thread for LE/PE/CE getting converted to regular used skus if you are looking to keep up with some of the more recent LE/PE/CE in stores, of course it'll always be YMMV if they have them in stock, but the price won't be YMMV if you can find it in stock, most likely traded in by someone else.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/284824-the-official-gamestop-converted-to-pre-owned-thread-latest-360-bioshock-infinite-premium-edition/?hl=converted

Whats the difference between the regular and le? I know they updated with trophy support but the regular gets it with a patch update

Whats the difference between the regular and le? I know they updated with trophy support but the regular gets it with a patch update
Just a box that holds the game and making of/behind the scenes Blu Ray.

if the le is complete then it will come with a steel case, bonus DVD, and a soundtrack that the differents but game wise there is no different I believe but I could be wrong

I think this is generally true with any LE/Hardened edition of a game.  Gamestop rarely differentiates.  I think only with GOTY versions do they price differently.

if the le is complete then it will come with a steel case, bonus DVD, and a soundtrack that the differents but game wise there is no different I believe but I could be wrong
I have it from when I paid $84.99 for it at MSRP. Funny how it wasn't $79.99 or $89.99...but anyways. I bought it full price I think before I discovered CAG. Can't say it was worth it, although I LOVE the 20-plus track soundtrack. Genius music. The LE has a decorative hard cardboard box that has room for 2 blue ray cases - one is a "double CD case" with soundtrack and making of documentary. The other is the game in a regular case...no steelbook. So it was basically $60 for the game and $25 for the soundtrack and making of dvd. At the time Gamestop also has a bonus DVD they gave out that chronicled the timeline of the MG series. I still have that too.

bread's done
Back