Mario Golf: World Tour [3DS] $29.99 @ Amazon (Physical Copy)

Afraid this is gonna be half-baked like Mario Kart 7 (and Mario Tennis 3DS, and Mario Party 3DS, and etc. etc.)

I'll wait for reviews

Afraid this is gonna be half-baked like Mario Kart 7 (and Mario Tennis 3DS, and Mario Party 3DS, and etc. etc.)

I'll wait for reviews
I have the same fear, though mainly regarding the ones you mentioned in parentheses. :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
In for one, I can always cancel if reviews are bad (Nintendo doesn't have review embargos so I'll have a few days to peruse reviews)
Agreed Amazon is the easiest to cancel at least about 2 days before they start shipping. I think Golf and Kirby look very good, and I think the Golf will have a decent simulation game and hopefully not be a bare bones garbage game like Party 3DS and Tennis 3DS. Please don't disappoint me Nintendo (I actually enjoy the New Yoshi's Island game in short segments....it's not bad and i think it's a decently average game around 7/10 but seems fun with just a little bit of challenge, but not a lot. Good pick up and play game).

Is this supposed to have an RGP mode like the Gameboy Color game did? I enjoyed that quite a lot, but haven't liked Mario Golf at all since then. I actually thought the *golf* portion was better in the GBC game than the 'big' console versions of it, not to mention the RPG framework that made it much more worthwhile (not unlike Puzzle Quest, only...with golf LOL)

haha what, mario kart 7 was not half baked , it was amazing, snes rainbow road in 3D was godly
I haven't played the Wii version, but I've played all the other versions and 7 was by far my favorite. I still didn't LOVE it, but it looked and played better than everything else I'd played in the series. Apparently Retro either made it, or helped with it, which in my mind explains why it seemed much better than normal.

*Rise from your Grave*

Has anyone's Amazon pre-order for this shipped yet ?

Mine hasn't.
I was gonna ask the same thing. Mine says it's not expected till late next week at the earliest.. although that's without Prime. I thought they shipped pre-orders ahead of time to get them there closely after the release date.

Maybe I'll just cancel and pick it up somewhere else tomorrow. :whistle2:k

if you have a kmart near you

Buy 2   certain  3ds games get 20,000 points 

Thinking of picking up  2 mario golfs   for 60.  would get  20 back in points and have a coupon that give me back another 10.

would get both  for  30 after points. Dump 1 for 20 end up with a copy for around 10 after points  (10 cash  30 points ) 

The missus got her Kirby today. Wasn't expecting to get it that fast. I'm tempted to just get Mario golf WT via the eshop mostly because of the dlc. Might as well keep it all together. IDK

Lukewarm? I've seen many 8s and even a 9 out of 10. Many pretty positive reviews. I see it more a bit above average myself, and I hope I enjoy it.
i seen alot of 7s due to lack of a major single player mode (i think they wanted an rpg type of a game) This is why i did not buy it and just renting it off gamefly. Its just HOT SHOTS GOLF but with mario. Can get HSG for Vita game TRU for 8

maybe if i like it after renting it i buy it from Best buy for 24 but i think im passing .

LOL was shot down at best buy and walmart today trying to get the 20 bucks in points matched. walmart was going to do it when they found out our hick store did not even get any copies. It be the next one to shut down. Place is a dump

I actually had this preordered, and once I played the demo I cancelled it. The game isn't bad, just more of the same. Actually it felt kind of cluttered, since there are so much "mushroom" kingdom stuff thrown about.

I figure since the standard price is 30, I'll see a 20 deal sooner than later. With the DLC, I figure 20 is a much better price to pay. Hot Shots seems like the better game over all, I'll stick with that for the time being.

If you play hot shots golf, then go to this, you will see just how lacking this game is.  It feels like you have to work to set up each shot and if you take the shot off of auto, good luck getting an accurate hit.  Add in the season pass bs, and I'm very disappointed in this game.

If you play hot shots golf, then go to this, you will see just how lacking this game is. It feels like you have to work to set up each shot and if you take the shot off of auto, good luck getting an accurate hit. Add in the season pass bs, and I'm very disappointed in this game.
Sadly, this was my opinion after trying the demo^

It seems decent enough, but I knew if I bought it now, there was no way I would play it much(just another game to add to my backlog), so I have to wait on a CAG price I can live with.

Sadly, this was my opinion after trying the demo^

It seems decent enough, but I knew if I bought it now, there was no way I would play it much(just another game to add to my backlog), so I have to wait on a CAG price I can live with.
that and how fast the disney game fell. (19.99 at TRU within what a week or two)

I'm disappointed by the current trend of instruction manuals on how the digital version of the instruction manual.  Anyways the game seems fine for me as the last Mario Golf I played was the N64 version.  I just wish it was easier to the manual hits as you get little time to choose how you want to hit the ball.  I think I remember the N64 version let you choose that before you even started the hit.

Surprised at the feedback in this thread. I've been having a blast with the game. I even ignored GCU and opted for paying extra for the digital just be able to play on the go.

I am also enjoying it as well, I don't regret paying $25 for it at all.

I hate that you have to play the courses and all that to get a handicap, lol.

Play through courses 2X and then you can start one tourney.

I'm enjoying it enough I can see how it can get old (same for any sports game though). I've went through all the practices (BTW has anyone done the Extra putting one....nigh impossible for me and i'm decent at putting in the game!). I've won the first course tournament and it's aight. I'm sure i'll just play the online tournaments once i'm done (I really dislike the coin tournaments and I really hope there is a pure skill character only tourny as the power ups are cool but I prefer a pure golf experience) and winning all the main game tournaments (don't really care to go for DLC right away).

I haven't read all the comments in this thread but isn't $29.99 the MSRP of this game. Target's price is $29.99.

I haven't read all the comments in this thread but isn't $29.99 the MSRP of this game. Target's price is $29.99.
it is $29.99 msrp but when this thread was first made some retailers had a place holder msrp of $40 which was adjusted prior to the game release down to $29.99 which is the actual released msrp

Played it for a couple of hours yesterday and I really enjoyed it, a bit early to say for sure but thus far I'm not regretting mu $30 purchase.

Damn forgot to check if the 10% off most items coupon in the moving pack at the Post Office works with the Gamer's Unlocked discount.  Anyone know if they stack, so you could get 10% off the original price and get 20% off the discounted price.

Damn forgot to check if the 10% off most items coupon in the moving pack at the Post Office works with the Gamer's Unlocked discount. Anyone know if they stack, so you could get 10% off the original price and get 20% off the discounted price.
doubtufl

Officially completed Mario Golf sans all the challenge courses around 13 hours....not bad....was fun, and i'm all for the traditional golf...the challenge courses are OK, but don't really like them esp the coin gathering ones....hate those a lot.

I have played on Tourney #2 like 3 Times,

On a scale of 1-10 how bad do I suck?
Play the practice parts, it helped me a lot with the putting and approaches. The only one I couldn't get through was the Putting Extra which you need to get 7 out of 10 hard for the most part putts. The greens are very hard to read (weakness of this game), but it's still fun and to win tourney #3 you really have to have your A game in the putting since some of the greens are decently tough.

Play the practice parts, it helped me a lot with the putting and approaches. The only one I couldn't get through was the Putting Extra which you need to get 7 out of 10 hard for the most part putts. The greens are very hard to read (weakness of this game), but it's still fun and to win tourney #3 you really have to have your A game in the putting since some of the greens are decently tough.
Thanks Haha,

I caved in and bought the season pass.

Gold Mario! :p

I think I am going to regret it but I'll see.

got it today from   gamefly.

first round   ended up with   +9 

enter practice  ended up  +6

won normal  first course tourament handicap is now  +3

its an okay game  i doubt i will buy it .

got it today from gamefly.

first round ended up with +9

enter practice ended up +6

won normal first course tourament handicap is now +3

its an okay game i doubt i will buy it .
If you stick entirely to the single player stuff, you won't like it. The online component is really important to the game. I didn't think I would like it all that much, but found myself playing the coin rush tournaments over and over trying to up my spot on the leaderboard. It's entertaining to see how much differently you have to play the game in order to accumulate the most coins that you can.

I don't regret picking up the game for $24 at Best Buy (after GCU) at all. Also picked up the Season Pass for the additional courses and characters.

It might not be for everyone, but I'm loving it.

bread's done
Back