* * - - - 13 votes

Xbox One $399.99 From Amazon

#241 Dragunz   I Like Pho. CAGiversary!   5252 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I still can't understand why most of you PS fanboys continue to argue that the PS4 is better than the Xbox One in EVERY Xbox One thread. Enjoy your own console and let it be. Unless you work for Sony, your reasoning for console wars is irrelevant. And nice job with the list of facts, shows how awesome you are at Googling.

On-Topic: Mod should move this to Deal Graveyard, got my friends hopes up for nothing.

#242 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

If you had infamous, Killzone, and Resogun you would be jizzing yourself. See it works both ways.

Actually it doesn't, because those games aren't that good.

#243 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1541 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm a douche also.

Well, at least you're honest.

(I have no idea what this conversation is about)

#244 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6746 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Actually it doesn't, because those games aren't that good.

Lol..Well Resogun is decent but it's no geometry wars. Those others...bleh. Killzone was one of the worst games I played last year.

#245 Flacksguy  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

I still can't understand why most of you PS fanboys continue to argue that the PS4 is better than the Xbox One in EVERY Xbox One thread. Enjoy your own console and let it be. Unless you work for Sony, your reasoning for console wars is irrelevant. And nice job with the list of facts, shows how awesome you are at Googling.
On-Topic: Mod should move this to Deal Graveyard, got my friends hopes up for nothing.

I wonder the same thing.

I barely find the time to come on here and check the threads I'm interested in. I'm certainly not going to waste my time in threads arguing about things I don't like. That time could be better spent playing games.

I guess these people are bored with their systems.

#246 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1541 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

The biggest problem people have with Microsoft's platforms is their reluctance to work on IPs outside of casual shitware (that rely on gimmicks like Kinect) and first person shooters. What they've done to Rare is blasphemous, but at least Microsoft returned to Killer instinct, which is a plus in my book. 

If you guys like casual shitware and first person shooters, more power to you, I guess. But there is a reason why people will continue to bash it, and it doesn't necessarily stem from being a fanboy of another system.

#247 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5063 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

I pop off about it sometimes because I have to assume that a lot of people are just uninformed. Maybe I'm weird, but I bought my 8th Gen console to play games--crazy, eh--not to have a new black box to watch TV through. The PS4 is better at its primary function: playing games. If someone wants an 8th Gen console for playing games, why buy the one that has an ever increasing amount of inferior ports (in resolution and/or frame rate)? Due to this mindset, I can't help but think some people are just riding the 360 gravy train and aren't actually informed about the differences for this Gen.

Of course, this is my first post in this thread, so your comment wasn't even directed at me. Lol

#248 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Man you know PSfanyboys were always the worst of the lot, but this new gen they are really taking the cake.  Yes, the PS4 has SLIGHTLY better graphics and is SLIGHTLY easier to develop for (mostly because of the little extra power) but c'mon.  The dualshock is still the worst of the two controller for anybody with above average sized hands (and I'd argue even for those with normal sized hands), I mean I don't even see that as opinion I have spent extensive time with both and sorry the dualshock just doesn't cut it for anything but platformers.  The new one fixes a few issues but the design as a whole is still flawed.

Then the games, yeah neither console has good games so stop acting like they do.  If I had to pick the XB1 has the better set right now with Forza and Titanfall and the PS4 really only has inFamous to be proud of (and even that...it's not really a system seller for me after reading reviews, I loved inFamous 1 but thought 2 felt too much like a chore to play).  

I'm sure in the end both will be great systems once more comes out but you just look stupid and ignorant acting like the PS4 is just vastly and undeniably superior at this point.  Hey maybe one day it will be, but you're sooooo grasping at straws to even act like it remotely is now.

#249 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hahaha, Microsoft fanboys are so defensive this generation, it's great.

#250 atc250es   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

MS need to do a ambassador type program like Nintendo but that will never happen cause it's MS.

#251 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

There are so many deals for Xbox one that are inconsistently timed, most likely to generate hype.

well, as far as I go, it backfired. I'm no longer paying attention to any more deals, and will simply wait for the inevitable permanent price drop that MS is too chicken shit to pull the trigger on.

#252 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

The biggest problem people have with Microsoft's platforms is their reluctance to work on IPs outside of casual shitware (that rely on gimmicks like Kinect) and first person shooters. What they've done to Rare is blasphemous, but at least Microsoft returned to Killer instinct, which is a plus in my book. 

If you guys like casual shitware and first person shooters, more power to you, I guess. But there is a reason why people will continue to bash it, and it doesn't necessarily stem from being a fanboy of another system.

Casual sh*tware as in... Oh you mean a FEW Kinect games?  It's ignorance like yours which adds to the bashing.  My most played games on the 360 weren't even FPS's.  Alan Wake, Dark Souls, RPGs like Tales, Fallout, Skyrim, Forza and Gotham racing games, etc etc etc... But yes, please go on spreading the ignorance.  Oh and I bet you haven't even tried a Kinect and if you did, bet you weren't even willing to give it a fair chance...because I did and it actually works pretty well and is fun.  Would I want it incorporated into all my games?  Hell no, but AS a gimmick it's a damn fun one.

#253 Eoji   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

This is how I would run it. Xbox one without Kinect, 2 games Forza & Titanfall $350. 

#254 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5063 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'm assuming they'll do a halo bundle--hopefully with an actual special console--so that's what I'm waiting for. The only thing I need it for is exclusives, anyway, and Titanfall is just fine on my upper mid range PC, so that only leaves Halo for the foreseeable future.

#255 OGHowie   Old Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   2004 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Lol..Well Resogun is decent but it's no geometry wars. Those others...bleh. Killzone was one of the worst games I played last year.

Yeah, I played Killzone a few hours and sold it. I'm lucky that I only paid $10 for it since my friend works at Sony.

#256 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6746 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

I pop off about it sometimes because I have to assume that a lot of people are just uninformed. Maybe I'm weird, but I bought my 8th Gen console to play games--crazy, eh--not to have a new black box to watch TV through. The PS4 is better at its primary function: playing games. If someone wants an 8th Gen console for playing games, why buy the one that has an ever increasing amount of inferior ports (in resolution and/or frame rate)? Due to this mindset, I can't help but think some people are just riding the 360 gravy train and aren't actually informed about the differences for this Gen. Of course, this is my first post in this thread, so your comment wasn't even directed at me. Lol

You know, I had the same mindset until I actually got my xbox one. And that isn't even me trying to justify the purchase. I personally thought that getting it, we'd use it mainly for the tv aspect and I could play titanfall later on as well as try dead rising 3. I've ended up liking the thing more than my ps4. And honestly, I think the ps4 will have the better exclusives by the end of the gen just like the ps3/360, ps2/xb/GC, and ps1/n64 era. But as it stands right now I'm loving the x1.

#257 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6746 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Casual sh*tware as in... Oh you mean a FEW Kinect games? It's ignorance like yours which adds to the bashing. My most played games on the 360 weren't even FPS's. Alan Wake, Dark Souls, RPGs like Tales, Fallout, Skyrim, Forza and Gotham racing games, etc etc etc... But yes, please go on spreading the ignorance. Oh and I bet you haven't even tried a Kinect and if you did, bet you weren't even willing to give it a fair chance...because I did and it actually works pretty well and is fun. Would I want it incorporated into all my games? Hell no, but AS a gimmick it's a damn fun one.

To be fair, kinect was less than useless. The thing had what, two good games to come out for it? So everyone automatically assumed the same for the forced kinect. The kinect 2.0 though is just awesome. I have found myself saying "volume down" while playing my ps3 or ps4 and feeling like an idiot lol. It's a nice little convenience.

#258 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

You know, I had the same mindset until I actually got my xbox one. And that isn't even me trying to justify the purchase. I personally thought that getting it, we'd use it mainly for the tv aspect and I could play titanfall later on as well as try dead rising 3. I've ended up liking the thing more than my ps4. And honestly, I think the ps4 will have the better exclusives by the end of the gen just like the ps3/360, ps2/xb/GC, and ps1/n64 era. But as it stands right now I'm loving the x1.

I like my X1; I don't think for a second it will have the quantity let alone quality of exclusives that the PS4 will have (Not a huge Halo or Gears fan) but I'm just turned off by the overall cost of ownership. MS is great at squeezing every last penny from its consumers. 

#259 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Child 1:  "My console is better cuz it's red!"

Child 2:  "No, my console is better cuz it's blue!"

By tomorrow all will be forgotten, this thread will cease to exist.

#260 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1779 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

well damn. sucks for those that bought systems for titanfall

xbox one being the same price is the better deal at the moment then PS4

Better deal at $399 then PS4? Plz. The Xbox One still has very little indie/Japanese support and has way to many sub-1080p games. For $400 the PS4 is still a much better value because with sales the way they are, third party exclusives like Titanfall/DR3 are a dying thing and all of those franchises will go to PS4 eventually, leaving a consumer to only have MS first party games as a reason to buy an Xbox, similar to how Nintendo titles are the best reason to buy their hardwware

#261 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1779 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

This is how I would run it. Xbox one without Kinect, 2 games Forza & Titanfall $350. 

The Xbox One is already a $550 system for $500 with Kinect. Take out Kinect and you'll maybe save $80 production costs. That's still $470. Not to mention the fact that MS would have to give up hope of making money on Forza and pay EA probably $20-$30 times however many units of that bundle they ship, let's say 2 million units. $20 x 2 million would be $40 million dollars. That basically makes MS lose $150 on every system if they priced it at $350. While that would be nice for consumers, it would be disastorous for MS especially with the guy who destroyed Nokia heading up Xbox now

#262 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3295 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

I like my X1; I don't think for a second it will have the quantity let alone quality of exclusives that the PS4 will have (Not a huge Halo or Gears fan) but I'm just turned off by the overall cost of ownership. MS is great at squeezing every last penny from its consumers. 

You act as if they're the only company looking to make money off their consumers (Sony didn't even include an HDMI with the PS3). Considering MS have said they plan to invest $1 billion in games, I think it is a good sign that there will be a lot more exclusives this time around compared to the 360. Sony has only 1 quality exclusive so far, so it's not like they're just blowing MS out of the water with amazing exclusives. I cannot wait for the new Uncharted though.

#263 beetlegum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

beetlegum

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Man you know PSfanyboys were always the worst of the lot, but this new gen they are really taking the cake.  Yes, the PS4 has SLIGHTLY better graphics and is SLIGHTLY easier to develop for (mostly because of the little extra power) but c'mon.  The dualshock is still the worst of the two controller for anybody with above average sized hands (and I'd argue even for those with normal sized hands), I mean I don't even see that as opinion I have spent extensive time with both and sorry the dualshock just doesn't cut it for anything but platformers.  The new one fixes a few issues but the design as a whole is still flawed.

Then the games, yeah neither console has good games so stop acting like they do.  If I had to pick the XB1 has the better set right now with Forza and Titanfall and the PS4 really only has inFamous to be proud of (and even that...it's not really a system seller for me after reading reviews, I loved inFamous 1 but thought 2 felt too much like a chore to play).  

I'm sure in the end both will be great systems once more comes out but you just look stupid and ignorant acting like the PS4 is just vastly and undeniably superior at this point.  Hey maybe one day it will be, but you're sooooo grasping at straws to even act like it remotely is now.

PS4 has The Order coming later this year which looks amazing.  I don't think Xbox even has one exclusive slated for the rest of the year.  All they got is Halo which is such a tired franchise. 

Last generation, I owned both consoles.  My 360 died farily quickly, and even with the new models, it heats up fast, and the drive stratches up my disc.  No way would I pay more $$$ for a console that offers less.

#264 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3295 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Better deal at $399 then PS4? Plz. The Xbox One still has very little indie/Japanese support and has way to many sub-1080p games.

Living under a rock? MS has a huge list of indie developers making games for their system, they have a big exclusive game that will be released to coincide with the Japanese launch and have stated there will be a lot more 1080p games (which hardly matters unless you're a graphics whore).

So yes, at the same price, the X1 is a better deal than the PS4, given what each console can do. Stating otherwise makes you come off as a Sony fanboy.

#265 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

The Xbox One is already a $550 system for $500 with Kinect. Take out Kinect and you'll maybe save $80 production costs. That's still $470. Not to mention the fact that MS would have to give up hope of making money on Forza and pay EA probably $20-$30 times however many units of that bundle they ship, let's say 2 million units. $20 x 2 million would be $40 million dollars. That basically makes MS lose $150 on every system if they priced it at $350. While that would be nice for consumers, it would be disastorous for MS especially with the guy who destroyed Nokia heading up Xbox now

You realize how many billions and billions of dollars Microsoft has, right? Their console is basically used to attract more consumers to their brand. They've never planned on turning any profits with the system.

It's like expensive marketing... that really, really works. They want you to buy into Windows. Surface tablets, Windows phone, O/S, etc.

#266 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

$400 and a big Fuck you to early adopters. M$oft outdoes itself over and over. Never again.

It isn't as though Sony is the fiend of consumers, but Microsoft is about as as bad as you can get. From Windows, to NSA spying, they're not exactly doing consumers a lot of favors, and pointing a camera and saying it's always on isn't helping.

I decided I would do nothing to support The Xbox One not long after announcements for it came out. This coming from someone that owns more than one Xbox 360 (and more than one broken on), and has never had an operational PS3.

A: The failure rate of the Xbox 360 was simply unacceptable. I can't believe people kept buying the same piece of faulty hardware over and over.
B: The DRM only thing was unacceptable, and even if they're not doing it to us now, they've made it clear that is their objective.
C: Microsoft permanently bans accounts and consoles, with little recourse and sometimes little justification. Remember, people are now buying a lot of digital content, so having it banned could be like having thousands of dollars worth of purchases confiscated.

I honestly find it hard to believe that Microsoft has the continued support in the gaming community it has. Having said that, I think competition is good, but I'm hoping Playstation regains the popularity it had during the PS2 era.

Also, as far as sales go, the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One despite the fact that most stores I go to have several Xbox Ones in stock, and I've only actually seen PS4s a few times. The Xbox One has a lot of ground to make up, otherwise I'd surmise the PS4 sales numbers would be significantly better once they are readily available.

#267 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Living under a rock? MS has a huge list of indie developers making games for their system, they have a big exclusive game that will be released to coincide with the Japanese launch and have stated there will be a lot more 1080p games (which hardly matters unless you're a graphics whore).

So yes, at the same price, the X1 is a better deal than the PS4, given what each console can do. Stating otherwise makes you come off as a Sony fanboy.

Its not fact. Its a freaking opinion for both sides. Honestly both sides need to accept that and realize its all just opinions and preferences and not to cry, bitch, moan and try to defend their tastes and preferences.

#268 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3295 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

PS4 has The Order coming later this year which looks amazing.  I don't think Xbox even has one exclusive slated for the rest of the year.  All they got is Halo which is such a tired franchise. 

And it could completely suck. You say MS doesn't even have one exclusive slated for the rest of the year but then mention Halo, ummm contradiction much? That tired franchise still sells better than most Sony exclusives. Quite sure MS will announce more games at E3.

#269 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

When will we know the Japanese X1 exclusives? Looking forward to it, gotta have my Japanese fix for this new gen as soon as possible.

#270 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Im sure both will announce more games at E3. In fact, ill go out on a limb and say everyone at E3 is going to announce new games, lol.