- - - - -

Skyrim: Legendary Edition (XBOX 360/PS3/PC) $24.99 @ Amazon.com

#1 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Amazon has Skyrim: Legendary Edition for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC for $24.99.  Good price for a great game!

Xbox:

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=skyrim

PS3

http://www.amazon.co...ary edition ps3

PC

http://www.amazon.co...dary edition pc

Saw this posted at Slickdeals

#2 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Dead Rising 3
XONE

cancerman1120

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

One day when my backlog is under 10 games (HA!) I will buy this game.

Posted Image

#3 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   4700 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

This is still in my backlog from Gamestop's Black Friday sale.  Oh well, maybe I should play this one already.

#4 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   23942 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Thanks, OP! Just as an FYI, all of your links go to the 360 version.

I'm not sure how to react to this...I spent 40+ hours playing Skyrim on :360: and I have all of the DLC there, but I've become more of a PS3 gamer (I haven't used my 360 in nearly 10 months). Do I cave on the PS3 version and thereby "waste" all the time I put into the 360 version...? :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne :vita: Tales of Hearts R [NG+]

Last Beaten/Completed Game [4/17]:  :ps3: God of War HD (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#5 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4462 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

I think I spent almost as much time on the Morrowind Island as I did in the regular game, lol.  AWESOME DLC with this one.  Well worth it I got it for $20 over Black Friday.

#6 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

I think I spent almost as much time on the Morrowind Island as I did in the regular game, lol.  AWESOME DLC with this one.  Well worth it I got it for $20 over Black Friday.

Thanks for mentioning the $20 price.  I could've sworn I only paid $20, too, but when I check the amazon price trackers it doesn't show the $20 price at all for this game even though it does show the Black Friday prices for other items.

#7 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'm not sure how to react to this...I spent 40+ hours playing Skyrim on :360: and I have all of the DLC there, but I've become more of a PS3 gamer (I haven't used my 360 in nearly 10 months). Do I cave on the PS3 version and thereby "waste" all the time I put into the 360 version...? :-kThan

Thanks!  The links have been corrected.

#8 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm not sure how to react to this...I spent 40+ hours playing Skyrim on :360: and I have all of the DLC there, but I've become more of a PS3 gamer (I haven't used my 360 in nearly 10 months). Do I cave on the PS3 version and thereby "waste" all the time I put into the 360 version...? :-k

I'll be the voice of reason and say no.  Save your money and spend your time instead on the free PS+ games that you lucky PS3 owners get.

#9 rcerboss  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Did they ever fix Skyrim on PS3?

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#10 gpthree   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'll be the voice of reason and say no.  Save your money and spend your time instead on the free PS+ games that you lucky PS3 owners get.

I agree, dont do it. Maybe if you were going to get it for the PC because of mods but other than that, you're 360 version is just fine.

Posted Image

#11 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

How is this not the regular price for this game by now?

#12 Lulgasms   Resident Xbone hater CAGiversary!   1004 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Save your cash. It runs like arse on playstation like nearly every Bethesda game.

#13 ohscaryone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

ohscaryone

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Save your cash. It runs like arse on playstation like nearly every Bethesda game.

I bought the original on release and put 120 hours in on my ps3 and never had any issues. I also bought the CE for the xbox because the dlc came out for that system first and put around 60 hours in on that console with no issues.

#14 Navex   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   843 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Well might as well get it. Been holding off forever and it's not going to get any cheaper than that since Wal-Mart is already selling it for 30 now. It will join my growing backlog but cheap is cheap and you gotta take what you can get lol.

#15 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Did they ever fix Skyrim on PS3?

I got the latest patch, all the DLC...I have run into the occasional loading screen hangup (and with any Bethesda game, routine saves are mandatory). The Dragonborn DLC ran slow on a 5400RPM HDD...it was a bit better on a 7200RPM HDD, but it is to be expected since the game itself is on disk and runs nicely but the DLC and patch load from the HDD.

Feb 2015 Current Shows (TV, not airing): Terminator: TSCC, Agatha Christie's Poirot, Mad Men; (TV, airing): Archer, Black Sails, Agent Carter, The Musketeers

Feb 2014 Current Games: Dragon Age Inquisition, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ult Evil Ed, Interstellar Marines, Team Fortress 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Witcher: DC (prep for Witcher 3)

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#16 ElektroDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ElektroDragon

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Thought this was for the dragon statue version but NOPE.

#17 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8184 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Damn, I remember getting months ago for the same price at BB using the pm + save $20 promo

#18 blazenumb1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

PM'd at BB and got 20% off the price with GCU. Thanks OP, wanted to pick this up but was waiting for a better price.

#19 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Must...  resist...  another... 100+ hour game...  i'll never play!

...I can hold out until it's $20.

#20 MrSneis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

I regret never getting the anthology for $25 over Black Friday.  This deal seems shitty in comparison.

***Edit NEVERMIND!!  Anthology is $30 for PC on Amazon but is heavily backordered, gladly ordered!***

Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#21 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

PM'd at BB and got 20% off the price with GCU. Thanks OP, wanted to pick this up but was waiting for a better price.

I was gonna go to BB to PM this. PMs aren't usually affected by GCU...but I can see if I can find a cashier who can let it go for 20% less. Pretend I am stupid and nice and hope I can get it for $20. :-) Will find out in a few.

Feb 2015 Current Shows (TV, not airing): Terminator: TSCC, Agatha Christie's Poirot, Mad Men; (TV, airing): Archer, Black Sails, Agent Carter, The Musketeers

Feb 2014 Current Games: Dragon Age Inquisition, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ult Evil Ed, Interstellar Marines, Team Fortress 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Witcher: DC (prep for Witcher 3)

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#22 Burning Karma   Shepard of Fire CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Mortal Kombat X
XONE

Burning Karma

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

I was gonna go to BB to PM this. PMs aren't usually affected by GCU...but I can see if I can find a cashier who can let it go for 20% less. Pretend I am stupid and nice and hope I can get it for $20. :-) Will find out in a few.

It's on sale for the same price right now at Best Buy. No price match needed.

Twitter | Last.fm

Burning+Karma.png
Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights

#23 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

It's on sale for the same price right now at Best Buy. No price match needed.

Wait what? >> I just went in yesterday and the price was $40 before the PM. I have the receipt to prove it too. But...I didn't open the first copy I got yet. So I'll go in today, re-buy it at $20 with my GCU on a new receipt. Then, return the one I spent $25 on. Unless I can go in there, get them to look up my receipt yesterday and then do a change-over so I can get my $5 back. We will see today.

#24 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   23942 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Wait what? >> I just went in yesterday and the price was $40 before the PM. I have the receipt to prove it too. But...I didn't open the first copy I got yet. So I'll go in today, re-buy it at $20 with my GCU on a new receipt. Then, return the one I spent $25 on. Unless I can go in there, get them to look up my receipt yesterday and then do a change-over so I can get my $5 back. We will see today.

IIRC, Best Buy does post-purchase PMs if it's within 15 days and the lower price is at Best Buy themselves.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne :vita: Tales of Hearts R [NG+]

Last Beaten/Completed Game [4/17]:  :ps3: God of War HD (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#25 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

IIRC, Best Buy does post-purchase PMs if it's within 15 days and the lower price is at Best Buy themselves.

Yup, they did. Just got back and got my $5 back. Gotta love a BB across from the workplace. Now I feel like $20 is worth the whole Skyrim set. :-) Now I am tempted to go use this $5 and another $5 to get New Vegas UE for PS3. But I know it's gonna run worse than FO3 did...what do you guys think?