Doom 3 BFG, Oblivion GotY, Fallout 3 GotY, FO:NV UE - $9.99 @ Amazon (Xbox 360/PS3/PC)

How is this game compared to fallout 3? I assume the 360 is the better console to play on?
From what I've heard, New Vegas isn't as fine-tuned as Fallout 3 due to all of the graphical glitches/freezes (this is an Obsidian game, after all), but some elements of the plot were considered better.

And yes, I believe the 360 version is the preferred one for consoles--the PS3 version is supposedly more susceptible to glitching and/or freezing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I traded this in a while back to qualify for the 7 for $35 deal at GS. Glad to get it back plus all the dlc. Was about to go sleep too, I knew I needed to check this site first. :)

Skyrim Legendary also on sale for $24.99

Do any online stores that would pricematch, such as BestBuy actually send out the slipcase for that game?

Oh man I'm tempted to go in for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  I tried Fallout 1 a bit but didn't much care for it so I never touched any of these other games.  I guess that means I should still pass since I know nothing about the series, but $10 apiece is pretty damn tempting.  I can't decide 

Oh man I'm tempted to go in for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I tried Fallout 1 a bit but didn't much care for it so I never touched any of these other games. I guess that means I should still pass since I know nothing about the series, but $10 apiece is pretty damn tempting. I can't decide
Fallout 1 doesn't really play like these games at all. You might consider taking a look at some play-through footage and decide if they look like something you'd like to play.

Fallout 1 doesn't really play like these games at all. You might consider taking a look at some play-through footage and decide if they look like something you'd like to play.
I'll think about it assuming these are still in stock in the next day or so. Does the plot for Fallout 3/New Vegas build upon the first two games or are they standalone experiences or what?

Doom 3 BFG is a hell of a deal at $10. I remember seeing it on sale at launch for like $25 when I bought it and it was worth every penny. I'm very sorry to see it sell so low, it was a great remastering of an awesome game and the devs actually took the time to add new content. I was REALLY hoping we'd see Quake IV get the same treatment but I guess that isn't going to happen :cry:

Last edited:
I'll think about it assuming these are still in stock in the next day or so. Does the plot for Fallout 3/New Vegas build upon the first two games or are they standalone experiences or what?

Doom 3 BFG is a hell of a deal at $10. I remember seeing it on sale at launch for like $25 when I bought it and it was worth every penny. I'm very sorry to see it sell so low, it was a great remastering of an awesome game and the devs actually took the time to add new content. I was REALLY hoping we'd see Quake IV get the same treatment but I guess that isn't going to happen :cry:
I believe you can play each of those games independantly from eachother. and from Fallout 1 and 2.

Maybe I'll check out Doom, everyone is saying it's a good game. I had it on PC years ago, but it played liked crap on the PC I had at the time.

Alright, grabbed Doom 3 (at the advice of everyone), F:NV, and Skyrim: LE, already got Oblivon and F3 in last years $12.50 sale.

:D/

How is this game compared to fallout 3? I assume the 360 is the better console to play on?
Fallout 3 core game performed fine on PS3, or about as well as the Xbox version, once you go into the DLC it's a mess. For a few of the DLC pieces I was able to start the DLC, save/quit and restart the DLC and that would fix the stuttering.

Fallout New Vegas on the PS3 was fine on my original play through was just as buggy as I expected it to be and on part with Fallout 3. After I got the Ultimate Edition I tried to play it and it was full of stuttering. I quit and didn't go back.

I prefer to play on the PS3 and own F3, FNV and Oblivion on PS3, but I started switching them over to Xbox 360 since these Platinum Hits versions of the collections are cheap now.

Long story, short, get the 360 versions.

Worth trying the UE for $10. I played the game a lot on PC before the DLC came out and didn't have much chance to delve into it. The main story's alright, but all the side stuff is fun to do. Since Bethesda didn't create the product (they only distributed it while Obsidian did the creation), it's definitely got more bugs/errors. A lot of the PS3 players encourage saving (you can do auto-saves mainly, but manual saves are also allowed. Best to find a quiet area, make a save, then continue on for a bit and do another) or playing the game for a couple of hours at a time.

I'll see if Best Buy can PM this when I go to work. $10 is worth getting another batch of trophies.

The Glitching of FO: NV UE isn't that bad, as long as you save regularly and reload if hit with the annoying frame rate drop. I found that the game isn't so bad until your save file exceeds a certain amount of memory. 

Personally, I was able to do all the DLC, and 3/4 of the Story, with 100+ Hours before being hit with any major problems. 

Also, in for Doom 3 BFG. Have class right now. I'll think about it when get home. :lol: 

The Glitching of FO: NV UE isn't that bad, as long as you save regularly and reload if hit with the annoying frame rate drop. I found that the game isn't so bad until your save file exceeds a certain amount of memory.

Personally, I was able to do all the DLC, and 3/4 of the Story, with 100+ Hours before being hit with any major problems.

Also, in for Doom 3 BFG. Have class right now. I'll think about it when get home. :lol:
Just make sure you decide before you have to drive your mom anywhere. :whistle2:

I just finished Fallout 3 (~140 hours) and started New Vegas. You do not need to know any of the story from FO1 or 2. It's fun to read up on some of the background lore/history, but the games take place in different parts of the country. FO3 does an excellent job setting up the story and environment so it really is self-contained. The fact that you don't play as the same character in either of the FO games also makes the games self standing.

My girlfriend started playing FO3 before I did, so I figured I'd jump on my PC and start FO1. It's very painful trying to get through that game, considering the vastly different game play.

FO:NV UE is temporarily OoS for both :ps3: and :360:, but you can still place an order (which will hopefully be fulfilled soon, once Amazon gets more copies in) if you navigate to the "New" section of the Marketplace and click Amazon's listing.

Thanks, went to a local Target and the still had a non-GH version of New vegas Ultimate edition. Got them to price match Amazon. 

I WAS interested in oblivion on ps3 but it's $25 bucks now.
Edit: nevermind I found the 9.99 listing.

DLC for FO3 is significantly better than New Vegas, but New Vegas is a lot like FO3 (with just a few modifications and additions). Easily put over 700 hours into both of those games combined with the DLC. Amazing value.

I absolutely envy people who are about to play Fallout 3 for the first time

Prepare to lose two things: your mind after its been blown, and your connection to the outside world.

Grabbed a Fallout 3 & NV, backordered but I don't care.  I've been meaning to pick both of those back up, and you cannot beat $10/each.  Would have gotten Skyrim for $25 if those hadn't been on sale, but I have a feeling it will be that price or lower all over the place pretty soon so I can wait. 

If you're referring to Fallout: New Vegas it's different than Fallout 3 but still great. I personally preferred Fallout 3 for it's bigger world map, better exploration, and more memorable quests but one thing Fallout: New Vegas does well is offer several choices throughout it's story. They're both fleshed out, atmospheric, and just all around fun RPGs. In terms of performance it runs best on PC (obviously) but if you're playing on console it's advised to go with 360 over PS3. I did beat Oblivion GOTY, Fallout 3 (with all DLC), Fallout: New Vegas (main game only), and Skyrim (with Dragonborn DLC) on my PS3 since it's the only system I can play these games on and despite some technical issues (freezes, infinite loading, framerate drops) occurring once my save file got too big they were all enjoyable to play through and I managed to beat them all regardless. At these prices I'd advise anyone to go for it if you haven't played these yet. It's a lot of content for a cheap price.

I have the vanilla versions of every single one of those games, minus F3. I have an original GOTY edition with the slip cover for PS3. :D

bread's done
Back