* * * * * 2 votes

Doom 3 BFG, Oblivion GotY, Fallout 3 GotY, FO:NV UE - $9.99 @ Amazon (Xbox 360/PS3/PC)

ultimate edition amazon ps3 xbox 360 pc fallout new vegas bfg game of the year oblivion doom 3

#31 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Finally about to play Oblivion....8 years later lol

#32 aardvarkgod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

aardvarkgod

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

I'll think about it assuming these are still in stock in the next day or so.  Does the plot for Fallout 3/New Vegas build upon the first two games or are they standalone experiences or what?

I just finished Fallout 3 (~140 hours) and started New Vegas.  You do not need to know any of the story from FO1 or 2.  It's fun to read up on some of the background lore/history, but the games take place in different parts of the country.  FO3 does an excellent job setting up the story and environment so it really is self-contained.  The fact that you don't play as the same character in either of the FO games also makes the games self standing.

My girlfriend started playing FO3 before I did, so I figured I'd jump on my PC and start FO1.  It's very painful trying to get through that game, considering the vastly different game play.

#33 SilverBulletKY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

SilverBulletKY

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Finally about to play Oblivion....8 years later lol

It's going to be rough to play especially If you've played Skyrim or Fallout 3.  It doesn't hold up very well.

#34 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36937 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

FO:NV UE is temporarily OoS for both :ps3: and :360:, but you can still place an order (which will hopefully be fulfilled soon, once Amazon gets more copies in) if you navigate to the "New" section of the Marketplace and click Amazon's listing.

#35 bkjohns1   Persona! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Thanks!  I bought Fallout: New Vegas.

#36 neuropunk   CAGiversary! Banned   96 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

neuropunk

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Shipping kills it. $5 shipping?! lol

#37 j.t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Thanks, went to a local Target and the still had a non-GH version of New vegas Ultimate edition. Got them to price match Amazon. 

#38 Gharik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

I WAS interested in oblivion on ps3 but it's $25 bucks now.
Edit: nevermind I found the 9.99 listing.

#39 PEACE-KEEPER  

PEACE-KEEPER

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks, picked up fallout 3 and new vegas.

#40 essgem   Bookworm CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Had a $5 gift card, so finally picked up Fallout: New Vegas: UE.

#41 masterd919   Games, games and more games CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

masterd919

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

How is this game compared to fallout 3? I assume the 360 is the better console to play on?

DLC for FO3 is significantly better than New Vegas, but New Vegas is a lot like FO3 (with just a few modifications and additions). Easily put over 700 hours into both of those games combined with the DLC. Amazing value. 

#42 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

I absolutely envy people who are about to play Fallout 3 for the first time

Prepare to lose two things: your mind after its been blown, and your connection to the outside world.

#43 Dominick331   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Dominick331

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

I absolutely envy people who are about to play Fallout 3 for the first time

Prepare to lose two things: your mind after its been blown, and your connection to the outside world.

I second that. Fallout3 was one of the first games I played on my PS3, truly a amazing experience.

#44 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6419 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

Grabbed a Fallout 3 & NV, backordered but I don't care.  I've been meaning to pick both of those back up, and you cannot beat $10/each.  Would have gotten Skyrim for $25 if those hadn't been on sale, but I have a feeling it will be that price or lower all over the place pretty soon so I can wait. 

#45 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

How is this game compared to fallout 3? I assume the 360 is the better console to play on?

If you're referring to Fallout: New Vegas it's different than Fallout 3 but still great. I personally preferred Fallout 3 for it's bigger world map, better exploration, and more memorable quests but one thing Fallout: New Vegas does well is offer several choices throughout it's story. They're both fleshed out, atmospheric, and just all around fun RPGs. In terms of performance it runs best on PC (obviously) but if you're playing on console it's advised to go with 360 over PS3. I did beat Oblivion GOTY, Fallout 3 (with all DLC), Fallout: New Vegas (main game only), and Skyrim (with Dragonborn DLC) on my PS3 since it's the only system I can play these games on and despite some technical issues (freezes, infinite loading, framerate drops) occurring once my save file got too big they were all enjoyable to play through and I managed to beat them all regardless. At these prices I'd advise anyone to go for it if you haven't played these yet. It's a lot of content for a cheap price.

#46 Mad Martigan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Mad Martigan

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Picked up Fallout 3 and New Vegas UE. Thanks OP!

#47 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

I have the vanilla versions of every single one of those games, minus F3. I have an original GOTY edition with the slip cover for PS3. :D

#48 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36937 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Bump so this stays on the front page.

#49 Reds303  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I didn't even see this thread lol... thanks vigilante for compiling this list.

#50 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Favorite Weapon in Fallout NV has to be the Hologram Rifle. xD 

#51 Danger Zone: Archer   Not really here. CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Danger Zone: Archer

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Damn, i must be too cheap these days if i find $9.99 to be too much. 

#52 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

Favorite Weapon in Fallout NV has to be the Hologram Rifle. xD 

I forget the name of the weapon but it was the AR-something with Hollow Tip bullets....turns Cazadors into fucking MUSH

#53 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:38 AM

Picked up FO:NV UE 

My backlog is so crazy and my life is so busy I'm good for another two years before I even decide whether or not I'm going to buy a Xbox One or PS4.

#54 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

I got my order of games from this sale today and the Oblivion PS3 I ordered does not have a Y seal. It has the shrink wrap seal on it. Is that normal? A quick look online and it appears it should have a Y seal. Also, my Doom BFG for PS3 had the label out of place and wrinkled/folded in half. Never seen a game do that before. 

#55 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

I got my order of games from this sale today and the Oblivion PS3 I ordered does not have a Y seal. It has the shrink wrap seal on it. Is that normal? A quick look online and it appears it should have a Y seal. Also, my Doom BFG for PS3 had the label out of place and wrinkled/folded in half. Never seen a game do that before. 

Alas, I went into BB and saw a bunch of their GH copies with that, including Oblivion.

Oblivion GOTY, FO3, and FO:NV UE's are all worth $10 each.

But I didn't want to chance getting a bad experience with NV on my PS3, so I went for Skyrim LE so I can get the DLC to install on a whim.

#56 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Alas, I went into BB and saw a bunch of their GH copies with that, including Oblivion.

Oblivion GOTY, FO3, and FO:NV UE's are all worth $10 each.

But I didn't want to chance getting a bad experience with NV on my PS3, so I went for Skyrim LE so I can get the DLC to install on a whim.

I also got Fallout New Vegas for PS3 and it had the Y seal...strange.

#57 cannon  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

I wanted the Doom BFG Edition on 360, but unlike the others in  this deal, when Amazon ran out, their listing was gone so you couldn't even backorder. Some of the others sold out and allowed you to still order at 9.99 and just wait. Oh well. I'll see if I ever catch that one up again.

I'm interested in the Doom (4/reboot) so I thought I'd try 3 out.

#58 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Best Buy matched Amazon on Skyrim Legendary Edition. With GCU, drops to $20. I was sold. I am on the fence about Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition on PS3, though.  Even for $10, the fact it runs not so nicely compared to FO3 on the PS3 makes me worry a bit.

#59 graf1k   BAM BAM CAGiversary!   2496 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

So are the PS3 versions of all these games F-ed or what? I've played them all previously but these are the type of games I like to come back to occasionally. Are any/all of them substantially more busted than the 360 versions (where I played them all the first time)?

#60 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

So are the PS3 versions of all these games F-ed or what? I've played them all previously but these are the type of games I like to come back to occasionally. Are any/all of them substantially more busted than the 360 versions (where I played them all the first time)?

Fallout 3 got progressively better for me as later patches and the DLC came out. Haven't tried New Vegas yet (Bethesda made and distributed FO3, but Obsidian made FO:NV and Bethesda distributed it) but heard very mixed feedback on it. Skyrim is a mixed bag currently, even with the latest patch and all the DLC (worst I've had was infinite loading screen errors when I go between areas, and Dragonborn lagged to no end on a 5400RPM HDD; switched it out and went bigger capacity and faster speed since then). Doom 3 should work just fine...and Oblivion GOTY should work just fine. I don't remember any real issues with it other than no trophy support :-( .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ultimate edition, amazon, ps3, xbox 360, pc, fallout new vegas, bfg, game of the year, oblivion, doom 3