Dynasty Warriors 8 $19.99 on gamefly.com

Thanks OP.  I was tempted on this during the monthly sale, but a few kindly CAGs talked me out of it since the updated version has just been released for PS4/PS3/Vita.  

Thanks OP. I was tempted on this during the monthly sale, but a few kindly CAGs talked me out of it since the updated version has just been released for PS4/PS3/Vita.
no problem, I haven't bothered with 7 XL, might have to snag it sometime when it's cheap on gohastings!

On a side note, I've seen DW 7 bundled with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 at the local wally world

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these games connected at all? I always wanted to play them but I never got around to it. When I look into them I see so many and get confused on whats what.

Are these games connected at all? I always wanted to play them but I never got around to it. When I look into them I see so many and get confused on whats what.
If you are interested do yourself a favor and play one. I am sure the story is decent enough, but its more about just kicking the shit out of enemies, at least for me. I haven't played one since the PS2 days, but I had a great time playing it. If you are looking for a game to play and have $20 to spend may be worth it. Watch a few videos and check out the game play.

more or so, there's so many characters which is why people get confused about the characters names

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they're all standalone. If you play this one the story mode alone will familiarize you with the characters.

No, they're all standalone. If you play this one the story mode alone will familiarize you with the characters.
Yeah just play this one, especially because the story mode is much better in this one vs previous entries. You won't need to play DW2 through DW7 because it's still the same historical fantasy of the Three Kingdoms era. The only difference is that with each release they add or revamp the battles, give previously unplayable characters a unique model and flush out their individual story and contribution to the main story.

Usually the DW cycle is main game (DW8), then Xtreme Legends followed by Empires. Xtreme Legends used to be challenges and shorter battles tailored to individual characters, but the newer ones are more of an expansion in that they include the main game while adding on new characters, a new story campaign, additions to existing campaigns, challenge modes, etc. Empires tries to play more as a strategic What If scenario on top of the hack and slash, but they don't usually add anything you haven't already seen in the main game or XL. I think only the main games have exported their data to XL, but not Empires.

Some would argue that you should skip DW8 at this point and just get DW8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition because it includes the entirety of DW8 and then some. At this price I wouldn't skip, especially since the series isn't for everone. There's nothing wrong with playing DW8 first and waiting for XL to drop some. Your DW8 data can be imported into XL and it'll carry over your officer levels, weapons, etc.

bread's done
Back