Risen 2 (PS3) $7.99 @ NewEgg

don_juan_darko

CAGiversary!
Risen 2 (*) for PS3 is marked down to $7.99 (w/Free Shipping) at the moment on NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879262046

Probably not a great game, but looks to be worth $7.99

*Note: A user here has confirmed that he ordered this and it was NOT the Special Edition as shown in the product page. The Special Edition includes both the Air Temple, and Treasure Island DLC (valued at $10 each.)

The normal version of the game includes only the Air Temple DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's buggy, but mildly entertaining. I am sure AC Blackflag is a much better pirate experience and I would recommend that if you are looking for an adventure on the high seas. With all that being said, $7.99 is a fair enough price point if you can excuse the 2005-2008 PC looking graphics and you enjoy bad games.

Ive been eyeballing this game for a while considering I LOVE pirate games, even bad ones

7.99, no tax, shipped made me bite

Thanks OP

It isn't the special edition. Newegg sent me the regular edition, which include only 1 dlc.
Weird, they list 2 different copies, 1 shows Special Edition cover, and the other doesn't.

You ordered this same version and got the normal version?

Weird, they list 2 different copies, 1 shows Special Edition cover, and the other doesn't.

You ordered this same version and got the normal version?
Yes, I received the normal version (it doesn't say 'special edition' on the cover). The special edition contains the Treasure Island AND Air Temple DLC mission packs. It also includes a poster. I believe this was a first print edition or something.

All subsequent copies come with ONLY the Air Temple DLC pack (haven't opened it to confirm, but that's what the box cover says).

Yes, I received the normal version (it doesn't say 'special edition' on the cover). The special edition contains the Treasure Island AND Air Temple DLC mission packs. It also includes a poster. I believe this was a first print edition or something.

All subsequent copies come with ONLY the Air Temple DLC pack.
Thanks, I sent a message to NewEgg asking them about it and cancelled my order to avoid having to return it.

I probably would never get around to playing it anyway, as I just ordered Skyrim and have a pile of other games I haven't touched yet.

Thanks for clearing that up Bruce

After a little research it seems like the Treasure island DLC is a self contained quest and doesn't really add anything to the core game or gameplay(Legendary Item is all they list)

I seriously doubt this game will be SO good that ill just have to have more hours of quests and according to the PSN store the Air Temple already gives you 8 more hours and more islands

More than likely I wont ever even finish the main game

After a little research it seems like the Treasure island DLC is a self contained quest and doesn't really add anything to the core game or gameplay(Legendary Item is all they list)

I seriously doubt this game will be SO good that ill just have to have more hours of quests and according to the PSN store the Air Temple already gives you 8 more hours and more islands

I can't believe they are selling each at the same price of $10 still, especialy if one of them contains little content.

Anyway, NewEgg replied with a bullshit response basically telling me to contact Square Enix regarding whether or not it was the Special Edition :wall:

NewEgg doesn't even provide a model number for the item, so how the hell would Square Enix be able to identify which version it is...

I can't believe they are selling each at the same price of $10 still, especialy if one of them contains little content.

Anyway, NewEgg replied with a bullshit response basically telling me to contact Square Enix regarding whether or not it was the Special Edition :wall:

NewEgg doesn't even provide a model number for the item, so how the hell would Square Enix be able to identify which version it is...
Ironic thing is its not even published by Square Enix, it's published by Deep Silver

After a little research it seems like the Treasure island DLC is a self contained quest and doesn't really add anything to the core game or gameplay(Legendary Item is all they list)

I have it on PC and Treasure Island is meh. It's short and just kill a bunch of stuff through a jungle bla bla. There's a little bit of dialog at the end with Patty that's kind of decent but honestly that's the best part of the whole thing and you should be able to just Youtube it.

The only annoying thing is Patty keeps bugging about her treasure and bringing it up multiple times throughout the game. It's kind of like in game advertising for the DLC. :p

As for the game itself. I like it. It's cheesy but that's part of the charm.

bread's done
Back