[OOS...again] Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3) $19.96 at Walmart.

FYI, the "Ultimate Edition" bundle is $19.99 on PSN--this isn't a sale price, so it's possible it could go on sale in the future. It includes the following DLC:

- Outfits: Espresso Suit, Field Ops Suit, Friday Night Outfit, Happy Songkran Suit, High Roller Suit, Special Ops Suit, Cat Girl Outfit
- Content: Greenvale Real Estate
- Vehicles: Chibi Chibi Bang Bang, The Devil's Red, The Blue GT, The Green Drifter
- Avatars: York, Raincoat Killer, Emily, George, Mr Stewart

But if you want a physical copy, the OP's deal is the best by far. :D

It's been $20 on Walmart for a LONG time. It was this price at least 6 months ago when I was trying to find it, but it's not orderable online, there's no site-to-store and no where around me had stock.

Picked it up at Gamestop for $35 used after giving up, and it was well worth it. GameFly has had it for $20 a few times lately.

It's been $20 on Walmart for a LONG time. It was this price at least 6 months ago when I was trying to find it, but it's not orderable online, there's no site-to-store and no where around me had stock.

Picked it up at Gamestop for $35 used after giving up, and it was well worth it. GameFly has had it for $20 a few times lately.
It was orderable online when the OP made this thread, so I guess Walmart just didn't have many copies available.

I bought this game 3 times and somehow performance wise it's gotten worse with each iteration. Couple that with the fact that the publisher or developer has dropped support already for the ps3 and pc version I just can't recommend this game to anyone anymore. It's a shame how they've handled this masterpiece.

Yeah even with the DLC would rather have a vanilla physical copy. Is this the same price in stores? I know a local walmart that has 5 of these.

Try to add to cart and it says item is currently unavailable
Had no issue adding to cart before I updated (just to test). They most likely just had a few more...they go fast. Lasted about as long as this morning after I ordered a copy (already shipped). :???:

Your best bet, if you really want a copy, is to keep the page open and periodically refresh it (in case they are allocated a few more copies). Because this game is getting more rare to find new and prices rising, lurkers/flippers may be buying extras...hence the quick OOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had no issue adding to cart before I updated (just to test). They most likely just had a few more...they go fast. Lasted about as long as this morning after I ordered a copy (already shipped). :???:

Your best bet, if you really want a copy, is to keep the page open and periodically refresh it (in case they are allocated a few more copies). Because this game is getting more rare to find new and prices rising, lurkers/flippers may be buying extras...hence the quick OOS.
Thanks for the info man!

In-store price is $29.98, and, unfortunately, Wal-Mart does not match its own online prices--unless purchased via "site-to-store," in which case the web price applies. I was able to do this a couple of months ago since my "home" store had it in stock.

dang, missed this one again.  It's basically been out of stock online for months now, and it temporarily was restocked before, and it looks like it was available again today for a short time.

This game is great if you go into it with certain expectations. It's definitely dated; graphics, mechanics, etc. but once you get past that, it's a gem!

It has a twin peaks vibe to it if you were a fan of that show! It has some fun gameplay, you drive around in an open world environment and find clues and profile to get a handle on the case and what happened.

There is definitely some weird shit going on with the story and it makes me want to keep on pushing forward to see what happened. One level consists of you having a town meeting where you inform the towns folk of what is going on. It's a great level as you walk up to strangers you haven't met yet in the town and get intel of who they are and what they do in the town.

The driving sucks big time but you can do a side mission to get the ability to quick travel which I have yet to do.

Overall in enjoying it! I bought this from the psn store at the sale price with all the dlc, etc. I try to sink in a couple hours ever weekend. Slowly in making my way through the game. I would definitely recommend picking this up in some way, shape or form if you like those vintage games that have an awesome rustic feel to them and if you are able to overlook the graphics and certain gameplay mechanics.

Any questions? I'm happy to answer!

This game is great if you go into it with certain expectations. It's definitely dated; graphics, mechanics, etc. but once you get past that, it's a gem!

It has a twin peaks vibe to it if you were a fan of that show! It has some fun gameplay, you drive around in an open world environment and find clues and profile to get a handle on the case and what happened.

There is definitely some weird shit going on with the story and it makes me want to keep on pushing forward to see what happened. One level consists of you having a town meeting where you inform the towns folk of what is going on. It's a great level as you walk up to strangers you haven't met yet in the town and get intel of who they are and what they do in the town.

The driving sucks big time but you can do a side mission to get the ability to quick travel which I have yet to do.

Overall in enjoying it! I bought this from the psn store at the sale price with all the dlc, etc. I try to sink in a couple hours ever weekend. Slowly in making my way through the game. I would definitely recommend picking this up in some way, shape or form if you like those vintage games that have an awesome rustic feel to them and if you are able to overlook the graphics and certain gameplay mechanics.

Any questions? I'm happy to answer!
Great input, thanks! This game always interested me, but as time passed it became harder and harder to find...until today!

***Possible Spoilers***

Funny thing...I was watching a playthrough video and the main character was in this hotel that totally had that Overlook Hotel vibe from The Shining. From the archtecture, to the decor, to even the carpet color/patter. Then I found out there is actually the very same black & white New Year's Eve picture from the ending of The Shining hanging on the wall of the hotel lobby...the one with Jack Nicholson in it. I just thought that was f****ing awesome and wanted to share. :D

It appears to be OOS. I thought this would be one of those games that would be priced low into the distant future since PlayAsia sold this game for $18 really early.

Last edited:
It appears to be OOS. I thought this would be one of those games that would be priced low into the distant future since PlayAsia sold this game for $18 really early.
Apparently they didn't print many copies, and since it sold poorly, but has a good cult following...it's become high in demand. If it comes back in stock again...it literally goes back OOS in less than 5 minutes. I just got really, REALLY lucky early this morning.

Everyone should play this. The gameplay is shit, but the story, characters, and atmosphere of the game are unlike any other.

I completely disagree about the gameplay being bad-I LOVED the gameplay.  And the characters.  And the setting, which has more of a sense of place than maybe anything I've ever played.

It's easily one of my very favorite games last gen, one of my favorite games ever.  I liked it more than Mass Effect 2.

I haven't played the director's cut yet, just the 360 original, but I've bought the director's cut on Playstation 3 and GOG.com for PC (DRM free).

Should I open it? Does anyone think that it would ruin the value much. It looks so good I wanna play it but I don't know where else to get it.

Swery and the publisher were giving fans the runaround on Facebook and Twitter last year, and he finally said they wouldn't let him do a patch - I regret buying the DC. More like he was too busy working on his new game and didn't want to bother.

I bought this game 3 times and somehow performance wise it's gotten worse with each iteration. Couple that with the fact that the publisher or developer has dropped support already for the ps3 and pc version I just can't recommend this game to anyone anymore. It's a shame how they've handled this masterpiece.

I'm glad I didn't open it and was able to sell it for a profit when I heard a PC version was coming. Got it for $2.50 on PC bundled with other games, and at least users can fix some of the problems with that version.

bread's done
Back