- - - - -

MGS Legacy Question

question out of print

#1 Link_TGH   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

I was just looking through my Amazon Wishlist and saw some crazy prices, and saw even crazier on eBay. Did Metal Gear Solid Legacy already go out of print or is it just temporarily out of stock after all the "Zeroes" hype? I never expected a Metal Gear game, collection or otherwise, to be this difficult to find so quickly.

#2 commandercody83   SAMURAI!!! CAGiversary!   1150 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

commandercody83

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

There have to be at least 10 copies at my local Best Buy a month ago.

#3 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7092 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yea, it looks like they only did a small print of them.  There are still some lingering at places like Walmart & Best Buy, but it does not seem like there will be any more unless Konami decides to do another print more closer towards Phantom Pain.

BBY has an online locator but it only shows stores that have 3+ copies . Best thing to do is to have them check the SKU on the RSS in store.  Also,for Walmart, as long as the locator doesn't show up as "Out of stock" its possible that they have it.  Its been my experience that when a game doesn't sell in a certain amount of time, it drops off the locator completely and wont show up again until a copy of the game has sold.

#4 WebScud  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Yea, it looks like they only did a small print of them.  There are still some lingering at places like Walmart & Best Buy, but it does not seem like there will be any more unless Konami decides to do another print more closer towards Phantom Pain.

BBY has an online locator but it only shows stores that have 3+ copies . Best thing to do is to have them check the SKU on the RSS in store.  Also,for Walmart, as long as the locator doesn't show up as "Out of stock" its possible that they have it.  Its been my experience that when a game doesn't sell in a certain amount of time, it drops off the locator completely and wont show up again until a copy of the game has sold.

The Best Buy locator only shows 3+ copies? Interesting.

#5 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1207 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Wooahhh-OHHHHHHHHH

#6 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

Crapdang...been waiting to pick it up on sale. Does anyone know if the DLC works on the Play Asia version with a US account?

#7 daring  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

i wouldn't try i if  i was you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, out of print